Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Chekhov MacGuffin

Articles copied from the DC wikia need overhaul

The administrator of the DC wikia alerted us to the fact that our articles on Gosho Aoyama and the Gosho Aoyama Manga Factory contain sections copied verbatim from their wikia. While this is technically allowed because of the way wiki licenses work, it's annoying on principle because it makes us look bad and unoriginal. I would really appreciate anyone with time taking a look at those articles and helping us rewrite them to to make them pure Detective Conan World work. Thanks and any help is appreciated.

So let me get this straight. Basically, it needs to be done like:

Gosho Aoyama:

Gosho Aoyama's house is near the Daiei Town Plaza where he owns a Bike Repair Shop as Well as a Grocery Store in Tokyo.

Gosho Aoyama was showed promising talent in the field of arts when his painting of "Yukiai War" was elected by the judges as the winner and it was then displayed at the Tottori Daimaru Department Store as a result of winning the competetion. At that time, Gosho was only a first grader.

Gosho describes himself and his friends as the Detective Boys characters of his manga Detective Conan back in his youth. He thinks of himself as the Mistushiko type of the group. Gosho had still been drawing Nyarome, a character originally invented by Akatsuko Fujio, one of the creaters of the popular manga, Doraemon. The name of the first manga which Gosho bought was "Ore wa Teppei" (I am Teppei) created by Tetsuya Chiba. He really liked it and the manga inspired him to learn Kendo. He also joined the Kendo Club.

In Gosho's times, Manga had not gained cultural heritage and sayings like reading manga makes you stupid were common. Gosho's parents were strict on the matter and told him that "No good can ever come out of reading manga. Gosho had to read manga secretly during his Junior High years, which almost made him give up his dream to be a Mangaka and enroll in the Japan University College of Art to become an art teacher instead. At college, Gosho joined the Manga Studies Club where he met his alumnus Yutaka Abe, a mangaka. The door to drawing manga opened when Yutaka asked Gosho if he wanted to draw manga for real.

In 1986, Gosho Aoyoama participated in a comic contest for freshmen students and won it, which was a base for him becoming a manga artist and an author, as well as an important turning point in his life.

If there is any thing incorrect about this, do inform.

Not helping much but the sources for Gosho's blood type can be found here and here.

About his height (174cm), I've found some pages saying that Kaito's and Shinichi's heights are the same as the author's (Shinichi's height is known to be 174 in Conan Drill); such as Shinichi/Conan's Wikipedia page, Kid's Wikipedia page... etc. but there is no original source that I can find to verify those information.

I haven't found any source for the other trivia yet.

By the way I think we should also verify or add citations for information like "In his youth, Aoyama and his friends were more like the Detective Boys back then and describes himself as the Mitsuhiko type of his group." and "Aoyama had to read manga secretly because his parents were strict..."