Detective Conan World
Wicky

"Warning Points"

First of - I am not entirely sure what these are, but I'm guessing they're for breaking the rules (even though they aren't verified in anyway).

But, to the point.

Presuming these are for that reason - why are they in such a obvious place? Who actually needs to know if they broke the rules?

Also say you got in an argument with another user - you were mean and you regret it, do you really want it to say "Warning points: 5" or whatever... And by the way they're like underneath the profile picture...

Tbh, if you are going to keep this, it shouldn't be there for anybody to see.

I think only you yourself is able to see that. None of the rest of the people should be able to see.

I can see it on everybody elses... :L

First of - I am not entirely sure what these are, but I'm guessing they're for breaking the rules (even though they aren't verified in anyway).

A user is typically notified when they get warning points added to their account. I say "typically" because like most everyone we will forget once in a blue moon, or will give out the warning in the thread where the points were earned.

Who actually needs to know if they broke the rules?

For certain not as well-behaved members, it does act as a pretty good way to keep some people's cool. Many moons ago we had two or three users on this board that didn't want to play nice (or in one person's case, only followed the rules when they saw fit).

Also say you got in an argument with another user - you were mean and you regret it, do you really want it to say "Warning points: 5" or whatever...

Yes, it'll teach you to argue more civily next time instead of focusing on petty name-calling or spamming, whatever it was that had necessitated you getting the warning points in the first place.

Either way this is an IP Board feature, this isn't something Maurice went out of his way to add. I'm thinking that if he tried removing it, it would remove the warning feature altogether. Invision is kinda picky like that unfortunately.

This is good. But I was worried over the confusion of spamming and fan fic ad together. I have trouble understanding person using second resort to get person to read fanfic? Is that counted as harassment or spamming?

• Upvote 1

Wtf, I can't see it now. I saw it yesterday on everyones... it was probably a temporary glitch.

I couldn't see yours, I took liberty to see your profile for search of it, there's none.

The skin we have is beta; I think there's bound to have glitch along the way. If I have a forum and see a glitch, I'm a human. :) What we do: report it and help it improve. 

Miss Smiles, on 02 Feb 2013 - 00:02, said:

This is good. But I was worried over the confusion of spamming and fan fic ad together. I have trouble understanding person using second resort to get person to read fanfic? Is that counted as harassment or spamming?

I am not sure what you are trying to say. Spamming people is bad. Please don't message 50 random people to read your fanfic. That said, if 15 people commented on someone's last fanfic thread, and that writer wanted to tell those 15 people there is a new fic they posted at a fanfiction site, that is probably okay. In general, the moderators don't go around looking for things that might be problems (except for things that could get the site sued or are disruptive). People report problems to us, and then we take action. If someone spams people fanfiction ads and you report to us you have been spammed, we'll take a look. Otherwise we assumed that you were okay with being told about a fanfiction.

I understand. :)

Earlier I figure out something now I understand harassment and spamming shouldn't be lumped. But it's just mean to get in way; I feel sour that I don't know what to define/what to say. I could easily mistaken it as stalking so I do not dare to put in full report not knowing what to put in, the button below the post, there are too many I don't know where to start. :| Now I know, but still apprehensive of a person because of dominance.

I didnt come in often long in past, at times I feel little rusty.