Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Rukia Kurosaki

Synchronicity Chapter 10: The Premature Burial

5 members have voted

1. 1. Yes, this story will contain my idealized version of the final showdown... What should there be more of in the final chapters?

• Action~
    • Violence and Death... xD
    • Shinichi using his deduction skills
    • Hattori, duh!
    • Black Org History and Amontillado's Past
    • Romance and Shipping >< ... ?
    • Peanut butter..... I mean randomness...
    • Final showdown? Oh dear god who's anokata? (That's not an answer)
    • I like this ratio~
    • Edgar Allan Poe References <3
    • Words x3
    • Other (explain)

Amontillado stirred, wincing at the sharp headache that left her reeling for a minute. When she could focus enough to see her surroundings, she noticed that she was in the front room of her hideout. "... what?!" She bolted up and ran to the window. I left. I went to find Kudou-kun and Bakkatori... what happened!? She watched as Bourbon smiled and gave her a cocky wave from where he sat in the parking lot in front of the building. 

Vermouth, she thought, remembering the woman she'd seen just before she'd lost consciousness. She used chloroform on me! That chick's NOT on my good side. She sighed and sat down, then glanced around quickly. "They took my bag, and my book?! that's it..."

After taking a deep breath Amontillado grabbed the small table that furnished her room, hefting it over her shoulder. She took the nails out of the recently reattached boards on the door one by one and dropped them to the ground, removing the planks and breaking off the doorknob. "Looks like I'll be finding a new place..." She stepped outside, carrying the table over her shoulder, and called to Bourbon. "Oi, Amuro-chan! I'm heading to my meeting with the boss. If you try to stop me you'll get this table shoved down your throat, so I suggest you put your pistol down and let me pass..."

Subaru and Hattori sat across from one another in the meeting room of the police station. The former was staring at the table as Hattori asked, "Are you sure it's okay to let Kudou do this on his own like that?" Okiya nodded. "That's the only way. If we join him we'll only put more people in danger, and working from here we can protect Mouri-san's family and the Tooyamas as well..."

"Yeah, but what about Amontillado?" Subaru looked at Hattori and sighed. "I suppose you can know the full story," he replied, crossing his arms.

"Eleven years ago the daughter of one of our top agents was admitted into our program. That was Natake Erru, the daughter of Kinzie. That's been explained. Her father had died when she was a child, so she got along immediately with Jodie. I suppose you could say they bonded in tragedy. Because she was only sixteen at the time, I left her at HQ with Sera every once in a while. They got along well, and eventually I had her babysit two to three times a week payed in cash... We couldn't allow her to do the dangerous cases, but she always wanted to help, to protect. That was kind of our way of protecting her... 

"But just after her seventeenth birthday her mother was killed in a confrontation with the Black Organization, and she decided to do something drastic. She ran off on her own and got involved in one of their cases, and we recieved notice that she'd been killed... Ten years after her funeral there was no sign of her, so this all comes as a slight shock..."

Subaru trailed off as Hattori let the story sink in, watching the younger detective work through the information. "So she's twenty-seven now?" Okiya nodded, adding, "As long as it's really her, yes." Hattori shook his head. "She didn't look anywhere near that..." Okiya shrugged. "I don't understand that, and I won't until I see her."

"So you're planning on getting involved?" Subaru looked at Hattori, his eyes cold behind the glint of his glasses. "That kid was my responsibility, and a friend to myself and my sister. Of course I am."

Shinichi crossed the street and ducked around a corner, watching for any movement from the car he was trying to tail down the crowded streets. Gin sat talking on his phone with someone as he drove, Vodka offering commentary from the passenger's seat, and Shinichi smiled to himself, lifting his transciever button to his mouth. "Agasa-hakase, can you do me a favor?"

Bourbon dialed the boss' number frantically, more annoyed by the sound of the keys and the melody of the song than usual. When the reciever was picked up, he said quickly, "Sir, Amontillado's heading your way..." What is she doing?! I can't get involved!

"I understand," said the voice that had summoned Shinichi into the case. "Miyano-san was unable to deal with her those years ago. She'll make this game an easy check mate."

"Miyano? You mean, you-" 

"Of course I know who she is, Bourbon. I've known since she joined us... Take care of Rye and leave Kudo and Erru to me. She'll make this game an easy checkmate."
  • Upvote 1