Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
CarpetCrawler

Chrome blocking people from accessing DCW

*posted this to Facebook, figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to post it here too*

There are users on Google Chrome who are saying that DCW is being blocked on their browser. I contacted Maurice and he said that the ad that is making Chrome flare up is what he will look into and try to remove it. Until then, I personally recommend installing one of the Google Chrome Adblock extensions (I recommend Adblock Plus), that way when you browse the site you don't load up any of the offending advertisements in question, making DCW OK to access while Maurice checks the issue out.

You can bypass the warning by clicking "Advanced" and then clicking "Proceed at your own risk". There are people that don't have Adblock Plus that just go on the site anyway and aren't having any problems, but I would recommend using something like Adblock Plus.

Thank you for your patience.

• Upvote 7

*posted this to Facebook, figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to post it here too*

There are users on Google Chrome who are saying that DCW is being blocked on their browser. I contacted Maurice and he said that the ad that is making Chrome flare up is what he will look into and try to remove it. Until then, I personally recommend installing one of the Google Chrome Adblock extensions (I recommend Adblock Plus), that way when you browse the site you don't load up any of the offending advertisements in question, making DCW OK to access while Maurice checks the issue out.

You can bypass the warning by clicking "Advanced" and then clicking "Proceed at your own risk". There are people that don't have Adblock Plus that just go on the site anyway and aren't having any problems, but I would recommend using something like Adblock Plus.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for the suggestions. Now bypassing the warning....

Ari....

Actually, it wasn't the Google ads. It seems that some rogue script was used to exploit a weakness in our system causing some pages to contain some malware that could potentially generate ads or do other kind of spyware-like activities. Nothing bad in the end but surely annoying and invasive.

I'm dealing with the issue right now and because of my work (and thus lack of time), I'm getting support from a security team to handle this. They've cleaned it up for now but it could happen again if I don't upgrade everything right away (such as MediaWiki and the forum) which is hard to do. Just be sure that we're working on it!

• Upvote 9