Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

CarpetCrawler - That's My Name!

Hello there! My name is Josh, otherwise known as CarpetCrawler. :)

I'm a 19 year old college student that has loved Detective Conan for over five years now. I got hooked by watching the English dub, Case Closed on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" block. My first ever episode was "Wedding Day Blues!" I watch new episodes as they come out on DVD, here, because I'd like to watch the show in order, and I am a fan of the English dub, something I can't say about most other anime! Either way, I have seen the Japanese, subbed of course. :)

I will also be contributing to the Detective Conan Wiki in any way I can. Being an experienced user at both the English Wikipedia, as well as the Simple English Wikipedia, I'm sure I can help in some sort of way. :)

My favorite characters: Kogoro Mouri, Meguire, Eri Kisaki, Ran, and of course Conan!

Hope to see this forum and website still around in the near future. :) See you soon!

Hello Josh! Welcome to DCW! :)

You're the very first member to actually post on the forum (or wiki for that matter). So, that's pretty awesome! ^^

I hope you like it around here! Out of curiosity, how did you find out about the site?

It's also pretty cool that you have lots of experience with wiki editing. That'll definitely come in handy, lol.

See you around!

Believe it or not, I've been looking for a Detective Conan forum to join up, since I'm such a big fan of the show. This website came up in a Google Search. And I saw that it was new, so I thought I'd join up, then I saw it had its own Wiki, and I KNEW I'd love it here. ^_^

Yeah, I've had a lot of Wiki experience, so I should be of some help in areas of the Wiki. I'm guessing you haven't done much promoting of this website, yet?

Actually, I've been working on it for the past week. I've done a few press releases and submitted it to some social bookmarking sites. We're actually doing quite well for a keyword as competitive as "Detective Conan". Basically last week, we weren't even in the top 1000 results on Google and today, we're in the 60s. 8-)

I also have a bit of experience with wikis. It looks like we're gonna have fun here. :P

I just realized that I didn't tell much about myself, heh. Well, I'm Maurice. I'm 26 and I've been watching Detective Conan for, mm, 3 years or so. I'm also a big fan as you've probably noticed by now. :)

Cool! I didn't even know such a site existed! :o

And that's awesome! I wanted to be a web developer when I was younger, but I stunk so I didn't bother to keep going. I'm much better at writing than at designing, anyway. :D

Oh btw, anyone who registers (on the homepage) automatically becomes a Contributor. What this means is that you can create your own posts and once they get approved, they'll be published on the homepage. I thought it'd be a great way to allow DC fans to report news or simply express their passions in a personal way for everyone to read.

So, if you ever feel like writing something about DC, anything at all, feel free to give it a shot. ;)

Yeah, I was planning to add some kind of banner on the homepage to mention it but never got around to doing it. :/

And sure, recruits would be cool heh. DC fans too I'm taking?

I'm doing better now. :D So far I've got one person who has said they would join up, but I haven't heard anything else from them. I also have another person who says that if we need help with anything on the Wiki, we can ask them. You get any luck?

Wow, this is the first introduce yourself topic

*cough* I'm sorry, SUPAMANDA, but please don't randomly revive old topics. It causes quite a bit of confusion and a bit of mess, especially since a lot of members may mistake this as a regular intro and start posting things on it.

Those first couple of posts were very interesting. So basically this was the birthplace of actual posting on DCW? Cool! *laughs* Welcome to DCW! XD