Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Glass Heart

Guilty Crown

Story:

December 24th 2029. Japan was celebrating Christmas Eve. Then it occured ! The Lost Christmas ! The plague known as the Apocalypse Virus plunges Japan in a state of chaos. The GHQ organization helped to restore order in Japan at the cost of its independance.

2039. Shu Ouma, an high-school student, meets his idol, EGOIST's vocalist Inori Yuzuriha. Inori is secretly part of a resistance faction known as Funeral Parlor, led by the charismatic Gai Tsutsugami. Shu accidently comes into possession of the power of the Void Genome, allowing him to materialize one's heart into a powerful weapon.

Because of this power, the Funeral Parlor wants Shu to join their ranks but the boy is a coward living a kind of no-life routine. Upon joining the Funeral Parlor, Shu's everyday life begins to change, as well as his personality.

Commentaries:

Guilty Crown is a series set to last two seasons. The series premiered in October. Although the first three episodes were quite basic, the series slowly proves to have a strong storyline and very elaborated characters. The OST is a masterpiece, one of the best anime OST ever !

Some scenes from the first episode:

Guilty Crown - Opening Sequence

Guilty Crown - The Power of Kings

ONE of the Best settings I Have ever seen and really I agree OST are really awesome

And One more thing I Mentioned it in Code geass thread It's by the same Director.

There are a lot of parallels with Code Geass and Evangelion. But I don't remember that the two series have the same director but the same scriptwriter (Ichiro Ookouchi).

And I love the OST ! I just learned that it will be on sales on January 25th in Japan. I think I'll buy it.

The last couples of episodes were a masterpiece ! So unexpected ! I can't wait to see what happens next ! I just hope Ayase will be part of the survivors, I absolutely love her character !

Aside from that, the series must have a new opening and a new ending soon, meaning we will enter in the second part of the first season. It's been revealed Guilty Crown is conceived to last two seasons.

There are a lot of parallels with Code Geass and Evangelion. But I don't remember that the two series have the same director but the same scriptwriter (Ichiro Ookouchi).

And I love the OST ! I just learned that it will be on sales on January 25th in Japan. I think I'll buy it.

The last couples of episodes were a masterpiece ! So unexpected ! I can't wait to see what happens next ! I just hope Ayase will be part of the survivors, I absolutely love her character !

Aside from that, the series must have a new opening and a new ending soon, meaning we will enter in the second part of the first season. It's been revealed Guilty Crown is conceived to last two seasons.

Ya there are Lot of parallels wit those 2 series

Jan 25 \0/ hurray I will be buying it too Thanks for the info

New op and ed huh wonder who will sing this time

ya I too hope ayase survives she is one of my fav too.

And i think new op or ed will be the new song inori mentioned in ep 10 or 11

New op and ed huh wonder who will sing this time

The new opening is "The Everlasting Guilty Crown" by EGOIST (the fictive band from the series) so it's possible it was the song Inori was talking about.

The new ending is "Kokuhaku" (Confession) by Ryo of Supercell.

Source: Animenewsnetwork

ya I too hope ayase survives she is one of my fav too.

I can't believe

that Gai seems to have died. I wasn't expecting this to happen so soon in the story. And there are still some plot holes about this character, like his father and the woman he tries to protect.

The last episode was an absolute blast ! I wasn't expecting everything that happened in it, and I can't imagine what will happen next. There are so much mysteries.

And the main action sequence of the episode was just awesome ! A blast !

Guilty Crown - Departures

The new opening is "The Everlasting Guilty Crown" by EGOIST (the fictive band from the series) so it's possible it was the song Inori was talking about.

The new ending is "Kokuhaku" (Confession) by Ryo of Supercell.

Source: Animenewsnetwork

I can't believe

that Gai seems to have died. I wasn't expecting this to happen so soon in the story. And there are still some plot holes about this character, like his father and the woman he tries to protect.

The last episode was an absolute blast ! I wasn't expecting everything that happened in it, and I can't imagine what will happen next. There are so much mysteries.

And the main action sequence of the episode was just awesome ! A blast !

Guilty Crown - Departures

okay Nice Looking forward to ep 12

I was expecting it too happen cuz in order to get shuu out of gai shadow and to progress it was necessary

ya there is lot of suspense in there.

Most i am thinking is the guy at the end of ep 11 who took inori and her void.

who the hell was that guy ? how does he have the same power as shuu ?

And the woman he is trying to protect is either gai's lover and shuu sister. or shuu's past lover and gai sister the one in shuu vision before the lost christmas happened

Yep it was blast left us many questions.

Just watched episode 12 !

And I have to say it's just... AWESOME ! It rocks big time !

And we have finally some major revelations about the story as well as a different insight to Shu and Gai's relationship. We also discover a lot of things about the girl from Shu's dream who looks like Inori, as well as the beginning of an explanation behind the events of the Lost Christmas.

There are still mysteries, but this episode offers us many keys to understand the story better.

Now, this episode is weird... but also fantastic and very sad. And it's strange that we are only in the middle of the series while this episode seems so much like a finale. I really wonder what direction the story will take now.

Guilty Crown is definitely the best anime I've seen since Code Geass. Definitely an anime to be remembered !

Also, there is a one-hour long TV Special that resumes the series so far.

Trailer of the visual-novel Guilty Crown: The Lost Christmas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXAYBKtfAvY

The game tells the story of what happened during the first Lost Christmas from the perspective of a new hero, Scrooge, who comes in possession of the power of the kings. He is followed by a girl named Carol who bears a striking ressemblance to Mana/Inori.

I bet the game will also involve appearances of Shu, Mana and Gai as children.

Cool! It seems really interesting and I've been meaning to check it out for a while now. I fell in love with My Dearest when I first heard it (it's my current musical obsession), but I've been hearing that the music is better than the anime itself. Is that true?

Cool! It seems really interesting and I've been meaning to check it out for a while now. I fell in love with My Dearest when I first heard it (it's my current musical obsession), but I've been hearing that the music is better than the anime itself. Is that true?

The anime is excellent, but it relies too much on elements previously seen in Evangelion and Code Geass.

Also, the first 3 or 4 episodes are correct but not great. It becomes a great series on the length. The last 10 episodes are huge masterpieces and the evolution of the main hero from a Shinji-type character to a Lelouch-type character is excellent.

The anime is excellent, but it relies too much on elements previously seen in Evangelion and Code Geass.

Also, the first 3 or 4 episodes are correct but not great. It becomes a great series on the length. The last 10 episodes are huge masterpieces and the evolution of the main hero from a Shinji-type character to a Lelouch-type character is excellent.

Convinced. Thank you. *adds to anime list*