• Daughter of Evil
    • Disappearance of Hatsune Miku
    • Other
  3. 3. Favorite Singer?

• Hatsune Miku
    • Len (...Dunno these people...)
    • Kaito
    • Other (That's all I know, sorry...)

I do agree with moho about the how real voice is better than artificial voice.

real voices have much deeper meaning into it. while artificial voice just gives a... what i call "simulation" of the music.

I listen to the instrumentals most of the time though. so I can't really say much.

Well.....vocaloids have voice providers that are human, you know.

Yes, but it's program that tunes itself or when you direct it to do so and stuff like that. (idk I haven't got my hand on it.) The voice is there, but it doesn't have the same sound, or should I say soul, in the song. I do like vocaloids, but it isn't as "real" as when a real person sings.

on the other hand, you can make sounds that a normal person can't do, which is cool.

Some vocaloids can make some awkward sounds when they sing a song done by other vocaloid though...

Initially I liked vocaloid but the novelty wore off since I'd prefer real humans adding feelings to their voice sing songs. mellow.gif

Yes, but it's program that tunes itself or when you direct it to do so and stuff like that. (idk I haven't got my hand on it.) The voice is there, but it doesn't have the same sound, or should I say soul, in the song. I do like vocaloids, but it isn't as "real" as when a real person sings.

on the other hand, you can make sounds that a normal person can't do, which is cool.

Some vocaloids can make some awkward sounds when they sing a song done by other vocaloid though...

Well, yeah, that's true..... But I think it stands that human voices are better. a.) Man create computer program, computer program no create man and b.) the "voices" of vocaloids were based on human voices, not the other way around. If humans couldn't SING, vocaloids wouldn't be singing either.

@Jushi-chan: And yes, while it IS true that there are some crappy singers in this world, I still don't think vocaloids are better.

I like it because it isn't real, and it gives the listener the chance to imagine their own feelings into the song. When I listen, I hear emotion that isn't there because I put it in there, does that make sense? (probably not.... but I'm insane, so it doesn't really matter.) Not to mention Len's little lisp is absolutely adorable. (and Len is adorable in general.) My favorite songs are probably 'Servant of Evil' (MUST. STOP. THE. TEARS.), 'The Riddler who Can't Solve Riddles' (very good mystery song- Len is now my favorite detective despite the fact that he is obviously insane), 'Hot Cocoa' (story of my life), and 'World is Mine- Kagamine Len's Version' (I like it more than Miku's simply because Len is so adorable and the MV is so cute...). I like most things by Len- I have a playlist of 20+ songs and I just got into Vocaloid about 2 days ago. :P THE STORY OF EVIL SAGA IS THE BEST!!!!!

There is just so much Vocaloid can do and it does it quite well. At some points, it's very hard to tell that it's a machine singing instead of a human. They even have Vocaloid concerts- I really want tickets to a Len one. >.< 3-D holograms singing and dancing... It would be my first ever concert. XD