Detective Conan World
Detective Rohit

What lacks in Detective Conan?

It lacks romance totally !!

Tell me how many times did they kiss?

One?

Two?

Or never !!!! Ughh,

Really that's why I hav no intrest in dc anymore in tired of the many episodes... DX

I don't see how DC is lacking romance, or how it needs it, I think we've had enough to last us for the rest of the series at this point

Oh yeah... That reminds me.

I don't like the most serious plot hole of the series: Timeline.

Can't believe that 1 year hasn't even past... <_<

Yeah but in some episodes they say, 1 week later, 2 months later.

WTH.

> More Clashes of Conan vs. BO!

> More Lovelove scene! ( It lacks ROMANCE )

-newer hour+ long specials (these were always interesting)

I dislike how DC still has no clear end... and that Aoyama doesn't introduce any more relevant characters to the plotline.

Needs more character development of the main characters. Never have I seen a series have such stagnated main characters as DC.

I'd rather see some development of the minor characters, I find them more interesting than the main ones, although that's probably due to over-saturation

+1

Romance doesn't adapt itself very well to the long-running nature of DC, which is why it's now mostly annoying, ridiculous or both at the same time.

Exactly, you simply can't drag something out this long without it becoming ridiculous

A plot hole is a plot hole, no matter how you look at it. You may find it "idiotic", but I think that it's enough to be a serious problem, especially for a mystery manga like Conan. Less than 1 year has past in that universe, but there are dozens of Valentines, winters, than summers, than winters again; and so on... Does it hurt Gosho at all if he just advance the plot along with the timeline ? (E.g. making Conan up to grade 2, than 3.)

Furthermore, it will be very incredible if the total time that takes Conan to defeat such a syndicate is only one year.

Every bit of this is false....

Allow me to explain the nature of the time line of Detective Conan... It is what is known as a floating time line, no time span has been assigned. If you count the number of times that the seasons have changed then fine... Gosho has admitted to drawing the season he sees outside. But consider this... What if Gosho is writing in the eyes of a third unknown party, or its Conan remembering his memoirs or cases, similar to how Dr Watson records Sherlock Holmes in that universe. If we think of it that way, then the seasons are irrelevant in terms of time line because it is scattered as someone is telling a story. The only thing that has a discernible time line is the plot cases. And that is even a bit loose. It is as if someone is telling that in contingency and everything else as if it were being recorded for posterity.

As for why I said it was completely false is that there has only been ONE INSTANCE OF EVERY HOLIDAY IN CANON. Gosho only wrote one of each holiday thus far. If the Anime team made AO episodes based on those holidays it is irrelevant to the plot and does not factor into his time line.

I used to complain about this until I realized the nature of the time line. It is a ridiculous complaint, especially if you remove all the filler considering them not part of the over arching plot. Considering that takes out about 80-90% of the cases the time line actually becomes believable for a 1 year time span.

If you have a problem with that I invite you to find proof proving that my analysis of the DC time line is wrong (which includes finding proof that a year has actually passed in the manga).

Exactly, you simply can't drag something out this long without it becoming ridiculous

It depends. Dragged out pure comedy works fine (Shin-chan, Kochikame). However, dragged out romance comedy does't, which is why most pure romance mangas are usually not that long : Maison Ikkoku, Rose of Versailles, Touch, Kimagure Orange Road etc...

It depends. Dragged out pure comedy works fine (Shin-chan, Kochikame). However, dragged out romance comedy does't, which is why most pure romance mangas are usually not that long : Maison Ikkoku, Rose of Versailles, Touch, Kimagure Orange Road etc...

well yeah, because it's comedy can be kept fresh for an amazingly long time, longer than romance anyway, you can't have 2 people constantly circling each other for this long and expect people to still care

Also, I refuse to consider DC a romantic comedy, I don't give a damn what gosho says

i think it sometime lack of originality in the case,its mostly basic crime with 3 suspect so how about someone disguising as random character(ran-kogoro or even makoto)to do crimes?? or weird phone call eceived by many person such as conan and kudo's phone, okiya,sera or other or else

just my though

Right now. It lacks intresting cases.

Cases are stupid. And the series is too damn long. I mean 16/15 years already !!!!!!

I ve really lost intrest and disappointed in dc. It's not my fav anime anymore.