Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
hopes

Into the World of DC Part 2 Chapter 8

"Hm…"

"What's wrong, Aniki?" The stout man in black asked.

"I was just thinking, Vodka." The man with the long silver hair replied, puffing coolly on a cigarette.

"About what?"

"That Edogawa kid."

"Huh? Which one?"

"The boy. There's something about him…"

"Like what, Aniki?"

"I feel like I've met him before…" Gin narrowed his eyes.

"But where?" Vodka was confused.

"I'm sure Riesling knows…" The fox-like man smirked with a glint in his eyes. "I guess I'll just have to confront him about it."

((((((((((((((((((((((

"What does the principal want from me?" I muttered. "If those stupid girls told on me, I swear…"

I kept talking to myself as I walked to the principal's office. When I finally reached the door, I swallowed nervously and knocked.

"Come in." Was the immediate reply.

I opened the door gingerly as if the handle could burn my hand. I briskly entered the room.

"Edogawa-san." Principal Tanaka dipped his head. I quickly bowed. "You may sit down." He gestured to the chair in front of his desk.

"Thank you."

"You're probably wondering why I called you here today." I nodded. "Well, I-"

"It wasn't my fault!" I blurted out before he could say anything more. I stared at the floor, nervously.

When I looked back up, I saw the man looking at me with confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, uh… Nothing." I sighed in relief inside. "Sorry. Please continue."

"Well, I'm concerned about Ito-san and you, Edogawa-san."

"Eh? Why?"

"Maybe it's not my concern, but I'm worried for you two. First, you were kidnapped for a week right after you were enrolled here, and then Ito-san's mother was… Killed." Tanaka-sensei's deep brown eyes were emotional.

"Oh… Thank you for the concern. I'm fine, I really am. If you should worry about someone though, then you should worry about Hitomi-chan… She's going through a rough time. She's better than before, but still…"

The principal nodded. "Alright. I apologize if I have over-stepped any boundaries."

"N-No, it's fine."

" It's just that nothing has ever happened to any of our students like this before… I'm not sure how to handle the situation." I could hear the uncertainty in his voice.

I smiled. "You're doing the right thing Tanaka-sensei."

The teacher looked up and stared into my eyes. Then he sighed and also smiled. "Thank you, Edogawa-san. You may be excused to your class."

I stood up and bowed once again. "Thank you."

As I was walking about the door, Tanaka-sensei said "Oh, and Edogawa-san?"

I turned my head back. "Yes, sensei?"

"No more fights please." He winked.

I looked at him in shock, realization hitting me. Then I smiled. "Yes, sir."

))))))))))))))))))))

At lunch, Hitomi and a bunch of other people came to question me about the trip to the principal's.

"What happened?"

"Did you get in trouble?"

"What did you do, Edogawa-chan?"

I waved my hand. "It was nothing."

"Are you sure you just don't want to say you got in trouble for fighting?" The girl who had attacked me before sneered. She was be crowded around by her little 'group'.

Everyone gasped as I gave her a dirty glare.

"You got in a fight?"

"With who?"

"Miyuki-san, tell us!"

I sighed. "I'm telling you, it wasn't about that!"

"What was it about then?" Another girl from before questioned with a smirk.

"Maybe something that doesn't involve you and your bitchy friends, so lay off!" My temper flared.

Everyone gasped again and started talk amongst themselves. I just began to eat my lunch without a care in the world. Hitomi looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"Miyuki-chan…"

"Don't worry, Hitomi-chan. I'm more than capable of dealing with them myself. Just try to calm down, okay?"

My best friend nodded slowly. "If you say so…"

"So, are you excited for the heist tonight?" I changed the subject while eating my rice.

Hitomi instantly brightened up. "Oh, yes! I can't wait to see one in person! I've always watched them on TV, but… Wow!"

"I've only been to one, but it was awesome! This one is sure to be just as great!" How are we supposed to kill Kaitou Kid without killing Kaito himself?

)))))))))))))))))))))

"Would someone please remind me why we're here?"

"'Cause we're on a coffee break." Heiji rolled his eyes.

"Lighten on, Hakubaka! Let's relax before tonight… It's going to be a long night!" Kaito cheerfully added. Saguru groaned with despair.

"Don't start an argument." Aoko warned. "We're in public."

"So what?" The magician gave a Cheshire grin.

"We're not in Ekoda, Kuroba-kun. Try to behave." The British detective was getting a headache while Kaito pouted like a child.

"Wha' are ya guys doin'?" Kazuha asked impatiently. "C'mon, it's almost our turn to be seated."

The five teenagers were currently standing, waiting to be seated in Poirot, the café below the Mouri Detective Agency. It wasn't full, but it was still busy.

A young waitress walked up to them. "Hello, welcome to Poirot! How many?"

"Five." Aoko answered with a smile.

"Alright! Please come this way." The girl returned the smile and began to head towards a table. The group followed.

"Here we are." Their table was rectangular with booths as seats. It was next to the wall in the back of the café. The waitress grabbed a chair from a nearby table to "My name is Azusa. I'll be your waitress today. Here are your menus. I'll be back in a minute to take your order!"

"Thank you." The two girls and one British detective replied as Azusa left to help another customer.

"Wha' time is it?" Heiji asked, looking around for a clock.

"It's precisely two forty-five and sixteen point five seconds in the afternoon." Saguru immediately replied.

Kaito and Heiji both rolled their eyes. "Thanks, Big Ben-han."

"You're quite welcome." The other detective replied sarcastically.

Now it was the girls' turn to roll their eyes and groan. "You detective freaks are hopeless…"

"Sure are." Kazuha agreed. "Anyway, let's decide wha' ta order."

"Yeah, yeah…"

Suddenly, Kaito stiffened and quickly relaxed his body before anyone could notice as he saw a flash of magenta. Was that who he thought it was?

One Takeshi Kai and one Kuroki Aimi were sitting at a small round table a few tables away.

Kaito narrowed his eyes. I'm almost certain that he's the one from last night… Who's the girl with him though?

"-to. Kaito!" Kaito snapped back to see Aoko waving a hand in from of his face from next to him.

"What?"

His girlfriend frowned. "You were really spacing out there… You okay?"

The magician gave a quick grin. "I'm fine! So, what are you ordering?"

"Eh, I was thinking…" Kaito quickly tuned her out. I have to keep a watch on them…

"Blueberry pie? Nice." The teenager smiled as Aoko finished. "I think I'll take chocolate cake and coffee."

"Tha' sounds good." Heiji chimed in. "I'll get tha' too."

"Carrot cake and lemonade fer me." The Osakan girl added from next to her boyfriend.

"I'll take a croissant and a nice, hot cup of tea." Saguru sighed.

Shinichi's could-be twin watched as his suspect with the magenta hair get up out of his chair and leave his companion. His eyes closely followed the young boy as he saw him walk into the Men's Restroom.

"Excuse me." Kaito stood up.

"Where are you going?" Aoko questioned.

"Restroom. If Azusa-san comes back before I do, please order for me." The magician winked. "Be back in a few." He quickly got up and strolled towards the bathroom.

"Wha's up with 'im?" The tanned-skin detective frowned.

"I have no idea what goes on in his head…" Saguru muttered, rubbing his temples.

"Maybe something is upsetting him." The aikido master suggested thoughtfully.

Aoko merely looked concerned about her boyfriend's behavior.

As Kaito entered the bathroom, he looked around cautiously, but walked in naturally, whistling. He saw his suspect washing his hands and pretended to walk to the toilet.

"Stop." The magician continued his way as he looked at the younger teenager out of the corner of his eye. "Kuroba Kaito-san, was it?" Kaito froze in mid-whistle.

"How do you know my name?" Kaito wore a small smile as he turned towards the reflection of the smirking boy.

"Easy. Kuroba Kaito, son of Kuroba Toichi. AKA: Kaitou Kid."

Poker Face… Poker Face. "Why do you say that?"

"Oh, I have my ways of knowing. And don't worry, there's no one else in here."

"Is that so?"

"It is indeed."

"So, would you like to tell me exactly who you are?"

"Kai Takeshi. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Takeshi mock bowed.

"I see, Kai-san… Was there a reason for you to have attacked the Agasa residence last night?"

Takeshi ran a hand through his magenta hair, smirking. "What makes you think that was me?"

Kaito raised an eyebrow. "Who else would it be?"

"Someone in a disguise, other people with hair as beautiful as mine… Oh, though I doubt there are many."

The magician wanted to laugh. There's something so familiar about him, but I know I haven't met him before…

"You're staying with Edogawa-chan, huh?" Takeshi's voice broke Kaito out of his thoughts.

"Edogawa-chan? You mean… Miyuki?" Kaito didn't slip up Chelsea's name.

"Correct." Red eyes pierced blue. "I'm her classmate. She's… Interesting, isn't she?"

"What are you getting at?"

"Nothing. Now, I believe we've spent enough time talking. Good-bye."

"Wait!" Kaito watched as Takeshi left the restroom. He quickly followed.

As soon as he dashed out, the magician collided with a man and knocked him over. His handkerchief fell out of his pocket.

"I'm sorry, ojii-san." Kaito apologized as he bent down to help the man.

"It's fine." The man gave a little chuckle.

"Let me help you." Takeshi picked up the fallen handkerchief and handed it to the man who was now standing up after Kaito had helped him.

"Thank you, boys." The man accepted the cloth and brushed himself off. He sat down at a table near to where he'd fallen. There were two occupants there.

"Are you alright?" A pretty woman wearing a light pink dress asked.

"Looked like quite a fall there." His other companion, a man with brown hair added.

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" The man laughed. "It's nothing on this aging man."

Kaito watched in slight interest and turned to face the younger teenager. When he looked to where he was, he was gone. He looked towards the direction of Takeshi's table. He was sitting down with his companion with blonde hair.

The magician narrowed his indigo eyes at the sight as he walked towards his own table.

"Ah, Kuroba! Just 'n time!" Heiji called, mouth full of cake. "Our food just came!"

"Eh, good." Kaito gave his signature grin and sat down next to his girlfriend who was sipping her lemonade. Saguru was drinking his tea while Kazuha He was about to take a bite of his chocolate cake when he heard of a scream.

"AH! ENDO-SAN! ENDO-SAN!" Kaito whirled around to see the woman from before screaming her lungs out while the man he helped earlier was lying on the floor.

"Endo-san!" The brown-haired man knelt down.

The two detectives at the table were immediately alert and were over to the man in an instant.

"No one move! Don't touch the body!" Heiji yelled as Saguru checked for a pulse. He shook his head. "Someone was just killed!" There were gasps from the surrounding people. The woman was crying and the man comforting her.

"Someone call the police and an ambulance!" The British detective added. "

Kazuha had her phone out in an instant. Aoko stayed next to her friend, worried.

Kaito ran over to the detectives and the body. The man was grabbing at his throat, saliva dripping out of his mouth. "Of course, a murder…"

"Kuroba! Stay right there!" Saguru warned, standing up. "You're a suspect."

Wow... This ending sucked. :V It wasn't what I wanted it to be... DX Darn. About time there was a murder though...

• Upvote 1

*is envious*

I have a suggestion: what if you indicate whether it's normal POV or your own POV? Of course, you don't really have to, it's just that some authors do...Alright, forget it.

AMAZING WORK, CHELS-CHAN!!!

THANK YOU AMA-CHAN!! :D Definitely not one of my best chapters... *sigh*

Are you ever going to write? :3

I personally think the POV thing is kinda annoying... :/ Is it confusing in this chapter? I'm already breaking the rules about First person writing.

I am going to write maybe in a month or two, or even longer. For now, I'm taking a break to think. Following IU's advice, I'll take time to brood on life and such things. Sorry, I just feel so lost now...

No, no!! Don't stress, Ama-chan!! If you need someone to talk to, you know where to find me!! You were there for be, now I'm here for you. <3 Okay, Ama-chan? Do you want to tell me what's going on?

I REALLY need to work on my writing... I've read some pretty awesome fics lately... It makes me realize how much I suck in comparison.

Basically this is what is going on.

this reply is not for this chapter!

hi akakata-chan, i read all of into the world of detective conan on fanfic and i just thought the confessing part was a bit OOC

of course im a horrible writer and i cant ask more of you with ur extraordinary talents and stuff but i really thought heiji wouldnt really say something like "i love u kazuha" and that kaito would actually tell aoko his feelings

but keep up the good work! i understand that you are working on many pieces right now but i really want to read the endings of some of them

~somebody who cant write

I'm sure you can write. Don't say that...

Yes, I do realize they're out of character... *sigh* But keep in mind they're getting tired of hurting their loved ones and always lying to them....