Whodunnit  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the murderer?

• The wife
    • The brother
    • The sister-in-law
    • The friend

Attention! Two detectives have solved the case:

kfnnapa: through PM, solved it first, and perfectly.

Akakata: Through the forum, got so close that she will recieve 2nd place. Any detective who can solve it now without help from these two will recieve a reputation point. A new case will be up soon. :)

Bothdetectives will choose a topic for one of my stories, and anyone who can Case File:

Himeda Junpei was found dead in his home this afternoon. (4:07 eastern time) The time of death was said to be at 3:35 pm. The murder weapon wasn't found, but police deduced that he had been killed with a blunt object, with which he was struck once on the back of the head. The lock on the front door had been removed, but for some reason there was damage on both sides, as though the killer had finished removing the lock after the man had died. The case was deemed a home invasion, as the victim's cell phone and wallet had been removed from his shirt pocket, and his wife reported two bronze statuettes worth approximately 120,000 yen missing from the living room. However, in the victim's back pants pocket the police found 20, 000 yen in cash and a receipt from an ATM at 3:18 pm that day. Also, a teenage detective has just arrived who suspects that this was an inside job.

Your suspects are:

- The victim's wife, Himeda Midori.

Motive: She suspected her husband of infidelity. In his will, he left her 300,000,000 yen.

Alibi: from 2:15 to 3:55 she was at a movie with her friend, Tsuna Midori. She reportedly left her seat only once, for 5 minutes during the film. She also went after the movie had ended, but only for 3 minutes. It would take at least half an hour for her to drive home, kill her husband, and return to the theater.

- The victim's brother, Himeda Kazono.

Motive: He owed his brother 100,000 yen, and had 23,000,000 in other debts. The victim bequeathed unto him in his last will and testament 60,000,000 yen.

Alibi: He was playing online chess from 2:16 to 4:11. The time limit set between moves was 3 minutes, giving him only 6 minutes at a time. He lives 22 minutes away from the victim.

- The victim's friend, Chudou Katsuna.

Motive: He was dumped by Mimiko when she met Himeda-san. Also, were he to die, Himeda Junpei left in his will a sum of 4,000,000 yen.

Alibi: He and his new girlfriend, Tsuna Mimiko, were on a date at the Yomiuri Land theme park all day. (From 10:30 until they were notified of his friend's murder) If he had killed Himeda, he wouldn't have been able to return to the park before being notified. Police verified that he never left and re-entered the park.

- The victim's sister-in-law, Toshira Kiiro.

Motive: She didn't approve of her twin sister's marraige to Junpei, and she disliked him. Nothing was left to her in his will.

Alibi: She was alone in her house sleeping from noon to when she recieved the call. She lives alone, but 45-50 minutes away from her sister's home.

Clues and Facts:

- The victim's wife discovered thebody at 4:07 upon her return from the movie theater. Her friend, who had driven her home, called the police after hearing the wife's scream and seeing the body.

- The victim's sister-in-law's makeup was poorly done as she had rushed to reach her sister, but there was an odd tint beneath it like she had fallen asleep wearing other makeup, even though she hadn't left the house or seen anyone today.

- The victim's friend was surprised at the large amount of money left to him in the will.

- The victim's brother cried. He had in his possession the 100,000 yen he owed his brother. (It didn't have Junpei's fingerprints on it)

- The victim's wife didn't know why there was cash in her husband's back pocket, and no one knew why the thief/murderer hadn't taken it.

- Also discovered to be missing were the wife's pearl earrings, which she kept in the master bedroom, along with a large purse she had bought only the day before.

... Now it's up to the detectives of DCW to crack the case! Note: The first member to solve the murder with both the criminal and method correct will choose any subject for my next story.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah. I forgot the other hint. There is the possibility of an accomplice, and I have mentioned every character. (Didn't leave out people to make it hard)

Also, there is a reason why the murderer took Midori-san's earrings and her purse.

Remember, don't double post!! :P You can edit the post you've posted.

This is an interesting case... I have a few ideas.

I think either the wife or the wife's sister did it. Perhaps they were accomplices.

I know that the wife was at the movie theater, but perhaps the victim was also out. Possible meeting someone. Then the wife found out, but the husband didn't know, as she suspected an affair. Somehow, she killed him and got him home...? Dunno about that one.

As for the sister-in-law, she doesn't have a clear alibi. She said she was asleep, alone, at her house. And if she'd gone out to meet someone wearing make-up, it could have been the victim.

If they were accomplices, maybe the sister-in-law was in fact the wife's 'friend' at the movie theater. They could have both left to kill him.

As for the earrings, the purse, the lock and the statues, maybe they broke the lock to make it look like someone had broken in. Perhaps they took the earrings to try and break the lock, and it didn't quite work. Or, since there's dents on both sides, maybe (for some reason I'm thinking this,) they smashed the lock with the statues. :P The purse could have been used for carrying the statues and earrings out and hiding them somewhere. That doesn't really make sense, sorry...

Those were some very random theories. Sorry. I'm also rushing. There's quite a few loopholes, but I'll read through it again later.

okay since in detective conan usually the one with the solid alibi is the murderer

so since there can be eye witness for 2 of the 3 ppl with solid alibis i choose the victim brother

and there wifi now so he could of kill hi brother

...It just hit me.

They're TWIN sisters. So they could be identical. Perhaps the sister went in place of the wife to the movie theater. The wife then decided to spy on her husband when she suspected him of an affair. He probably was, and then killed him. Maybe the sister went to the bathroom and consulted the wife and she told her she murdered him when she found out. So they were accomplices.

Again, I know it's sketchy and there's loopholes, but am I any closer?

EDIT: SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING!!

victims wife

because the movie was from 2:15 to 3:55, she left for 3 minutes=3:58

however, she arrived home at 4:07.

it takes 30 minutes to get from the movie theater to her house, so her alibi is false

victims wife

because the movie was from 2:15 to 3:55, she left for 3 minutes=3:58

however, she arrived home at 4:07.

it takes 30 minutes to get from the movie theater to her house, so her alibi is false

Sorry, I should have been more clear. It takes 30 minutes to go home, commit the murder, and get back. They left the theater at 3:55. Sorry.... :(

I'm gonna try another deduction...

Again, I still believe it's the sister-in-law and the wife. Let's pretend the wife overheard her husband receive a call. The husband was going to meet with someone. Since she suspected an affair, she wanted to spy and see what was happening. Maybe she spied on them and already saw that he and another woman were having an affair. She found out they were meeting again (or maybe he was meeting with someone else). The wife wanted to murder her husband, so the day and time he was meeting the person, she arranged to go to the movie theater with a friend. The day before the planned murder, the wife bought a large purse. She was going to make the murder look like a robbery by breaking the lock somehow and taking the evidence away in the purse. She could later discard it. She enlisted her twin sister, who's identical to help her. She knew the sister didn't like the husband, so she knew she'd be eager to help if she told her she was suspecting an affair. The wife asked the sister to pretend to be her at the movie theater with the friend. The sister agreed. The day of the murder, the sister went to the movie theater as planned. I'm not quite sure what happened, but maybe the wife pretended to be the sister and visited the husband and then killed him. That's why there looked like there was make-up on from before. The sister called the wife when she went to the bathroom, asking if she knew if it was an affair (not sure about this part...). The wife replied somehow. The husband has a receipt from an ATM because he had withdrawn the 20,000 yen for some reason. Maybe it was for the person he was meeting. Anyway, the husband returned home. The wife, pretending to be the sister knocked on the door. Once they were in the house, she took the murder weapon (probably one of the statues) and killed him. The wife wanted to make it look like a robbery, so she took his cellphone and wallet. She then proceeded to make the lock look like it was broken into. She used her pearl earrings to try and pick the lock and them smashed the lock on both sides with the statues. She then gathered all of the evidence (statues, earrings, wallet and cellphone) into the purse she had bought the previous day. She then left the house and began to drive to her sister's home. (Possibly somewhere else that was the same amount of time as the drive between the houses.) The sister went to the bathroom at the end of the movie and called the wife to tell her they were going back home. (The wife asked her to do so before.) The friend dropped the sister off and the sister went inside, surprised to see her brother-in-law dead. She screamed, and the friend heard it. She called the police. When the police were questioning the suspects, the wife pretended to be the sister. Before she had come, she put make-up on to make it look like she had just woken up. The sister pretended to be the wife, but she knew who the culprit was. The reason the 20,000 yen had not been taken is because the wife didn't know he had the money.

Well, that's what I think happened.

Another idea had was that if the husband was having an affair, it was with the sister. But... Yeah.

If you could PM me about my deduction, that'd be great!! Thanks!!

• Upvote 1

I'm leaning towards the sister-in-law and the wife... is it possible that they could pass for each other with the help of a little makeup?

The bag is at the sister's house, and it has the statues and earrings inside. The earring were used as an attempt to pick the lock, but when that failed, one statue was used to destroy the locks. The second statue is the murder weapon.

Does that part sound right?

The sister-in-law and the wife pulled a switch, and the wife killed the victim. Midori probably overheard a phone call between her husband and another women, or saw them together. She then told Kiiro about her husband, and knowing she hated him, told her about her plan to catch him; they would have to switch places with each other. It could be easily done because they are near identical. Kiiro agreed, and she went to the movies with Tsuna, only communicating with Midori when she left the theater twice. I assume Midori sent a text of some sort to say when she could talk.

Midori left the day of the murder before the movie to meet with Kiiro and switch. I'm not quite sure what Midori did after leaving Kiiro, possibly finalizing everything and getting into the proper mindset at the house. Some time later she went back to her home, broke in with the earrings, and killed her husband with the statue. Stashing them in the bag, she used the other to break the lock completely, and kept it as well. Fleeing the house, she went back to Kiiro's.

When Kiiro was dropped off at the victim's house, she screamed when she found the body because she didn't know Midori was actually going to kill her husband.

The wife didn't know about the money because she was actually Kiiro, and neither she nor Midori had followed Junpei that day. Kiiro did know who had killed him, but she didn't say anything because she realized she would be an accomplice in the murder.

So, how'd I do?

• Upvote 1

Almost perfect.

Midori and her sister switched when she went to the bathroom, and Midori followed her husband. (She told Kiiro that she was going to see once and for all whether her husband was cheating on her.) They switched back after the movie, when Kiiro went to the bathroom. As for the purse, I had it in the lake or something, since the suspects' cars and homes would likely be searched. But you solved it. :)

Almost perfect.

Midori and her sister switched when she went to the bathroom, and Midori followed her husband. (She told Kiiro that she was going to see once and for all whether her husband was cheating on her.) They switched back after the movie, when Kiiro went to the bathroom. As for the purse, I had it in the lake or something, since the suspects' cars and homes would likely be searched. But you solved it. :)

Dangit! I was so close with the explanation, but only one truth prevails JFBQ00163070213B.gif It was pretty good for my first DCW deduction though.

before i tell the murderer i will tell how the murderer killed the victim first he/she went to the victims house then the murderer killed himeda junpei by stabbing him with a weapon and it is probably an ice pick and the murderer took the wife's pearl necklace and pouch to make it look like the suspect is the wife instead of looking it like a suicide so the murderer is the sister-in-law toshira kiro she said that she didn't left the house but there are no witnesses and it is awkward  that she slept until 4:07 and probably she killed jupei also because of jealousy that no money will be given to her when junpei died so she took the 100000 yen and left the 20000 yen the evidence is the black tint it is caused by the tears in her eyes so the make up  leave a black tint and goes to sleep and probably she knew that the police will call her so she put another make up but suddenly she took the different one she is so nerd 

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH

AM I RIGHT?  -_-