Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Officer Kaoko

Wiki Violance

Maurice banned the user.

I don't agree with disabling anonymous registration, because there are people to come in just to fix one thing and then leave. No one's going to register to fix one piece of information.

I take back what I said. I just feared that this will happen again... 154218d4.gif

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time, and certainly won't be the last. dry.gif Not much we can do about it though, other than make sure to ban the user and revert the vandalism.

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time, and certainly won't be the last. dry.gif Not much we can do about it though, other than make sure to ban the user and revert the vandalism.

I am not stupid and I had guessed that angry.gif.

Jokes. :lol:

Let's go to their homes and blow a hammer down their heads. It is all what I can offer you cd08785a.gif~

i think we should make registration compulsory to edit the wiki page

some restrictions should be made or privacy should be there

u can't just let any1 edit ur page or let him destroy it

:evil::ugeek:

i think we should make registration compulsory to edit the wiki page

some restrictions should be made or privacy should be there

u can't just let any1 edit ur page or let him destroy it

:evil::ugeek:

It's easy enough to revert, watch pages, and you can block the troublemakers. I am strongly against compulsory registration because most IPs who edit the DCwiki are making constructive, useful edits. I think we would be losing too many good editors to lack of motivation to sign up to stop a few vandals.

then why not preserve these page or information if any1 edits the page then we ban him and directly paste the copy we preserved ;)

then why not preserve these page or information if any1 edits the page then we ban him and directly paste the copy we preserved ;)

All prior versions of pages are saved under the history tab so it's easy change a page back to the way it was before. You switch back to an earlier version by clicking the desired past version of the page under history, clicking the edit tab, ignoring the warning about editing an old version, and saving the page. Then you leave a friendly note for Maurice telling him the vandal needs to have his feet encased in e-concrete and tossed into a virtual river.

The fact that all the violence is directed to what i did, means something?

I personally doubt it means something. It was a vandal that was like "Hey, a wiki I never seen! Vandalize...". In other words, it was a random attack. ;)

Maurice banned the user.

I don't agree with disabling anonymous registration, because there are people to come in just to fix one thing and then leave. No one's going to register to fix one piece of information.

I agree that we shouldn't disable anonymous registration. Before I made this account, I edited something in the wiki that has yet to be deleted or corrected, so I'm assuming it was good information. I found it somewhat unbelievable that somebody forgot to include the Desperate Revival when they were writing about the times Ran got suspicious of Conan.

Yeah, unfortunately it won't be the last. *sigh*

My idea of making Little Mo a reality may help.

...™

I have no idea what you're talking about.

It's easy enough to revert, watch pages, and you can block the troublemakers. I am strongly against compulsory registration because most IPs who edit the DCwiki are making constructive, useful edits. I think we would be losing too many good editors to lack of motivation to sign up to stop a few vandals.

Agreed. See comment above.

I personally doubt it means something. It was a vandal that was like "Hey, a wiki I never seen! Vandalize...". In other words, it was a random attack. ;)

That's sad...who goes around randomly vandalizing wikis? *ignores guy in class who once did so to the main Wikipedia site*