Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

Korean Classroom

Stay cooll...

Is 민에 a name? 예쁜 is an adjective. To make it a verb, do this:

민에, 당신은예

Hope this helped!

a little bit..but it is only 민,because I know 에 is only a particle...right??

Ok how about this.. while we wait for Moho's next letter, those who know Korean (Moho, Yohan (Anti).. anyone else?) can teach the beginners phrases! : D like...

1. 안녕하세요 = An-nyeong-ha-sae-yo = Hello (polite form)

2. 안녕 = An-nyeong = Hello (friendly form)*

*Note how, in Korean, there's a "Very Polite Form", "Polite Form" and "Friendly Form".

3. 제 이름은 ... 입니다. = Jae-Yi-Reum**-Eun ... Ip-ni-da. = My name is ... (Very polite/polite form)

**How to pronounce "Reum": Say Rmmmm. like Hmmm but with an R.. : D

4. 내 이름은 ...(이)***야. = Nae-Yi-Reum-Eun ... Yi-ya = My name is ... (Friendly form)

6. 나는 ...(이)야 = Na-neun ... Yi-ya = I am ... (Friendly form)

***the "이" (yi) in front of the "야" (ya) is actually quite complicated. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not and it usually has to do with the sound but there's a pattern behind it too. If the word in front of "ya" is a vowel, then there is no "yi" but if it's a consonant then there is a "yi". (guys, correct me if I'm wrong! D:)

EXAMPLE:

An-nyeong! Nae yi-reum-eun Ryuka ya.

An-nyeong! Nae yi-reum-eun Kid yi-ya.

For Wildflower, it's:

"Nae yi-reum-eun Wildflower ya" even with the "r" because there really isn't an "r" sound in Korean... So Wildflower, you'd basically be "Wa-il-du-peul-la-wo" so you're name would actually be ending with a vowel, not a consonant (if you know what I mean) XDD

I think I'm confusing people.

But just learning how to say hi and introducing yourself is a big step : D

모호순배!!!!!!뜨다!!(농담!??^^)

I recall,how to transpose korean keyboard form into english form??

I think you meant 모호선배. :) but i'm not sure what you meant by 뜨다. ^^; and 농담 is correct as it is. ;)

@Kaitou1412

Yes. I am Korean but I only finished 2nd grade so I'm not completely sure of complicated words (hanja;;; same as Kanji... but most of the words are pronounced differently I only know super basic ones...)

@IU

Well, learning Chinese is still my biggest goal. I want to know Korean(I only know half...), Japanese, and Chinese.

:) hi guys,, i want to learn korean too,, but i cant speak english well, so sorry if i have some mistakes. and also, i have a question that i've really curious until now,,

what is the different between saranghanda, saranghamnida, saranghae and saranghaeyo?? thx b4

:) hi guys,, i want to learn korean too,, but i cant speak english well, so sorry if i have some mistakes. and also, i have a question that i've really curious until now,,

what is the different between saranghanda, saranghamnida, saranghae and saranghaeyo?? thx b4

If you don't understand, I'm sorry. I'll try to clarify as much as possible.

I only finished 2nd Grade Korean, so I might not be able to help a lot, but here's what I think....

...of course you should all know the vowels are short, not long. e.g. (-ham-) is not the ham you eat. It's pronounced as (-h(ah)m-).

It's just used differently depending on the flow of language. This is probably advanced (unless you know japanese. It is very similar.)to understand....

sa-rang-han-da - most likely used to say that someone is in love with some one, or have crush on someone. OR, said to the person (or thing) in a way like a bit indirect because you have to put the nouns.

e.g....

nan nuhl sa-rang-han-da - I(nan) love(sa-rang-han-da) you(nuhl).

jae-neun jae-reul sa-rang-han-da - he/she(jae-neun) loves(sa-rang-han-da) him/her(jae-reul)

but most of the times, I translate this as "To be loving something/someone". But then again, I can be wrong.

sa-rang-ham-ni-da - mostly written than spoken. hmm.... not so sure. I hardly say "ni-da", since, I think, it is used mostly as "informational". if you know what I mean...

sa-rang-hae - When you say this while talking to a person or group, you don't have to say "you" or "you all". the word "hae" directly points to the person or group you are talking to. This is a familiar term, meaning you say this to people who you are friendly with and/or if you are superior over them.

sa-rang-hae-yo - Same as saranghae. except this is Formal. The word "yo" at the end of most of sentences makes it formal.

Examples of Formal endings.

"-ham-ni-da." when the sentence is giving something like information

"-ham-ni-ka?" used when questioning. (In Japanese, it similar to "desu-ka".)

"-ha-ne-yo." (-ha-) comes from (ha-da) which means "to do" so it pretty much means: "...(am/is/are) (doing or verb)..."

"-hea-yo." As I said above, this is more direct to the person you are talking to. It's like making the verb into an adjective... so sa-rang-hae-yo(when it means I love you.) makes "love" describe how you feel about the person you are talking to.

things like gat-chi-il-hae-yo(let's work together), it's just talking(or asking) directly to the person(or group) to work with you.

The thing about the sentence ending with -yo is that it can be a question from also.

"sa-rang-hae-yo." can mean "I love you.", but if it is "... (eul/reul) sa-rang-hae-yo?" can mean "Do you love ..." in question form, it is asking directly about the person you are talking to.

Just in case you are wondering what (-neun) and (-reul) meant in the first example,

(-neun), or (-eun) is same as (is/am). If you want to say (are), it would be (-deul-eun) because (They) is plural, and the word (-deul-) makes it plural.

good example would be (geu-neun) and (geu-deul-eun). (geu-neun) means (He is) while (geu-deul-eun) makes it (They are), but it can also mean (Those men/boys are). If you speak spanish, it similar to difference between el and ellos.

(-reul), or (-eul) makes it possessive. so (geu-reul) means (him). while (geu-deul-eul) means (them) or (those men/ boys). And yes, the (-deul-) rule is the same.

*If you want to say she, or her, it is (geu-nyuh-neun)she and (geu-nyuh-reul)her. (-deul-) rule would be (geu-nyuh-deul-eun)Those women are , and(geu-nyuh-deul-eul)Those women*

P.S.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I need to re-learn it my self... =_=

Edited by Anti-APTX4869
  • Upvote 1

I(nan) love(sa-rang-han-da) you(nuhl).

Actually love is: sa-rang

So in a sentence it would be: 'Nan nuh sa rang heh.' (I love you.) This is non-formal.

(-reul), or (-eul) makes it possessive. so (geu-reul) means (him). while (geu-deul-eul) means (them) or (those men/ boys). And yes, the (-deul-) rule is the same.

I would like to add that ehy (의) also makes it possessive. Like 'geu-deul-ehy' would mean those men/boys' ___ (you would add something after ehy.)

gat-chi-il-hae-yo(let's work together), it's just talking(or asking) directly to the person(or group) to work with you.

This is very true. Also, if you would like to make it into a question you would say:

gat-chi-hal-ka-yo? (Would you like to word together?) this is formal.

gat-chi-hal-ka? (Same, but non-formal.)

Also: gat-chi-ha-za! (Let's do this together!) This is non-formal.

hmm,, i see,, thanks alot Anti-APTX4869 and KawanoMino :) about how words are pronounced, maybe its different with other country,,, im indonesian, and i wrote same as what i heard in songs or dramas.