Detective Conan World
Kazu

Height and Weight of detective characters

Hi everybody,

This is my first post on this forum and I have a question.

I'm a french fan of DC living in Japan and I'm writing my own website in french about this serie.

I always use japanese source but even if I read and speak japanese, I'm not native so I may make some mistakes and that's why I'm always looking for new news.

I found the DC Wiki and there some informations I have never found anywhere about the detective characters:

- the height and the weight of the detective.

Could you tell me where you found these informations? Because it's written on the wiki that Shinichi is 174 cm that may be correct (actually, Shinichi has the same height as Gosho himself if I refer to the interviews) but I'm not sure that Heiji is 182 cm. If I refer to the movie storyboard of movie 13, Heiji and Shinichi has about the same height (you have it in the japanese movie pamphlet). And i have never found a japanese book refering to the character's height and weight. So that's why I'm looking for more information.

Thanks for your help.

(PS: sorry for my bad english)

I've seen worse English from NATIVE speakers. Don't worry, yours is fine. I've moved this thread to the "Wiki discussion" section, since this is more a question about the wiki references than anything else.

I am not the one who added the information about height. However, the information was added by Maurice. Maurice, where did you get that information? Or maybe someone else knows of a reference for it?

your english is fine! wow, so you can speak French, english and Japanese! I speak Japanese too ^^

I only know that Ran's hight is 160 (probably won't be any help to you :S)

oh, and the drawings in manga is not to scale, i should say. So even if two people look about the same in the manga, they might have different heights. (I guess you should know it already)

your english is fine! wow, so you can speak French, english and Japanese! I speak Japanese too ^^

I only know that Ran's hight is 160 (probably won't be any help to you :S)

oh, and the drawings in manga is not to scale, i should say. So even if two people look about the same in the manga, they might have different heights. (I guess you should know it already)

Hi and thanks for the answer. If you can speak japanese, that may help a lot.

I know that Ran's height is 160 cm. According to the Conan Drill (p44) this information was Ran's height in her first grade of high school (= 160センチ (1年前のデータ)). We actually are not sure she's still 160cm or she became taller. But, since we don't have any other information about it, it seems to be the more correct one.

About the guys, I wasn't talking about the manga but about the movie 13th storyboard. There is a picture of a rough where we can see all the characters of the movie standing. It's a king of scale for the animators of the movie. Of course this is not a drawing of Aoyama himself but because I haven't heard about the height of the detectives somewhere else, I think this picture is the best source of information we have about it.

I've seen a lot of japanese fanfictions with some fictional informations about the characters like their birthday, their blood type and also their height and weight. None of them come from a serious source. I think Gosho don't really want to imagine these kind of information until he really needs to use it in his case. But I may have missed some points (because this manga is very long... it's difficult to remember every thing) so I prefer checking all the possibilities.

Good point Kazu. I believe I got it from some website and I should really have given the source (like I normally do -- it's odd I forgot about this one). But like you said, it might not have been a reliable source cause there doesn't seem to be a source right now that points to those facts. I believe it's best to remove those info details for now.

P.S: Ton anglais est vraiment bon! Et ça fait plaisir de voir d'autres francophones dans le coin. :D

I added a bunch of the weight and height measurements to various characters which came from the official guidebook Conan Drill. I am pretty sure I put the reference next to all the ones I added. Hattori Heiji's height and weight were not listed in Conan Drill.

Thank you so much for your answer Maurice. So I imagine that's the same about Hakuba's weight and height?

I'll try to scan the picture I told you (if my scanner accepts to work T__T ) next time.