Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Stopwatch

Meetings

This little story came about when I wondered what would happen if Kaito's family knew Takagi's and Takagi found out about the entire KID thing. I'm writing a prequel (possibly also a sequel at some point) with how that happened at the moment but until then I've written this...

It had been an easy heist this evening, his favourite detectives had neglected to show up and so he hadn't had quite the challenge he had on previous nights, Kaitou Kid reached the roof within minutes and burst out into the open air. He pondered on waiting for the taskforce to catch up before realising that he'd left them all tied up in bubble wrap on the bottom floor and he'd have to stay there for half an hour if he wanted them to find him; some things just weren't worth it; and Aoko would have his head if he was late for the fireworks display. Getting out the stolen jewel (a diamond from Europe he remembered) he held it up to the light and sighed when it failed to do anything.

Behind the thief a door slammed open revealing an out of breath Wataru Takagi, "Wait!" he yelled. "Huh?" What was he doing here? Kid was fairly sure he was off duty after getting knocked over the head, (yet again, seriously he attracted injuries like Kudo attracted dead bodies) by some crazy banker.

"You owe me a favour"

Well that was unexpected. What was he talking about?

"If this is about the time with the hosepipe-"

"No," the police officer replied trying to catch his breath,"from that time when I let you impersonate you" seeing that Kid was about to interrupt he quickly continued. "Don't say that I didn't let you because if I'd really wanted to stop you I'd have used this"

A moment passed as Takagi dug into pockets and the thief started to become impatient, he couldn't afford to have Aoko attempting revenge again if he missed this. Not after last time...

"What would you have used Takagi-san?"

"Hold on, I'm getting to it", the officer carefully extracted something from his pocket and held it up to the thief.

"F-f-f-f..." the legendary Kaitou was reverted to stuttering by a simple holographic placemat with a photo of a striped fish on it.

"Your mum told me to use this, I almost didn't believe her at first"

"She's evil sometimes", the teenager muttered staring at the picture with something akin to horror. "So, the favour...", the police officer looked nervous now, and his face was rapidly reddening "I was wondering if- well Sato-san and I- canyoudistracteveryonesoSatou-sanandIcangoonadate" Kid blinked and quickly deciphered the last sentence, "Fine. As long you promise not to pull out that thing again"

Takagi nodded quickly, blush still present as he slipped the placemat back into his pocket and turned back towards the stairs, there he hovered for a second before facing the thief again and calling out "I'll tell you details on Saturday, apparently your mum decided to have a 'bonfire night' party and invited my family along. What's with her and weird foreign celebrations anyway?"

20 floors below, Ginzo Nakamori listened with growing disbelief as his radio began relaying a conversation between Kaitou Kid and a police officer(not that he knew that) discussing what to get for the Taskforce's anniversary

seems pretty good so far ^^ i'll be waiting for the next chapter! (make sure there are interruptions in the date still, that's what makes it fun ^^)

seems pretty good so far ^^ i'll be waiting for the next chapter! (make sure there are interruptions in the date still, that's what makes it fun ^^)

:mrgreen: Thanks, the next chapter will probably be a while coming out though, my teachers all bombarded me with homework...