Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
kyojikasshu

Hello, DC World!

Hello! My name's Rob. I'm from southeast Michigan (the greater Detroit area), and I've been watching anime in one form or another for over 30 years now! (I'll be 35 at the end of the year, so that makes up nearly my whole life!)

I was first introduced to the series by way of the [adult swim] broadcasts of the Case Closed dub, but after the network dropped the show, I went on to other things... only to come back to the series with a vengeance this year. The Lupin III crossover special, in particular, helped bring me back - I just happened to be on a Lupin kick at the time.

I haven't picked up the manga yet, mainly due to cost considerations - it's less expensive to rent the DVDs from Netflix or stream the shows online (the latter being how I found DCW, of course). I do hope to get the chance to get the manga, though.

Other anime I'm a fan of: various Gundam series, Azumanga Daioh, PaniPoni Dash!, Excel Saga, The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Martian Successor Nadesico, Lupin III, Armored Trooper VOTOMS, Dominion Tank Police, Tenchi Muyo! (the first OAV series and Tenchi Universe series), Love Hina, and Cowboy Bebop, among others.

I also still enjoy American cartoons. I grew up on the original Transformers, both the cartoon and the Marvel comics (I was even lucky enough to have a store that imported the Marvel UK series), as well as the G.I. Joe comics (the cartoon always bothered me, even as a ten year old). I've enjoyed recent series such as Danny Phantom, Avatar, and Kim Possible (Shego is actually a personal favorite of mine).

I look forward to being a part of this community!

HI! Welcome to DCW!!

i'm Julia. I'm 11 and in California.

you're age proves that DC is for all ages. XD

You should really read the manga! It's really good! You can read it online at onemanga.com

This forum is getting alot of new people! YAY!

Julia

Welcome to DCW! :)

Thank you! I'm not the oldest member here anymore! :D

But you just proved that this show is really for everybody, which is pretty cool hehe.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here!