Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
dsk123

What are some good fanfics of ran finding out conan's identity?

The Mystery of Conan Edogawa by Funvince: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4553963/1/The_Mystery_of_Conan_Edogawa

Now there are many fics concerning Ran finding out that Conan is Shinichi, and I find this one really well put together for several reasons:
1. Basically the story consists of Ran doing her own detective work to prove the connection between the two which I find does more justice to the character.
2. For the sake of drama, some tend to have Ran really hating Shinichi for the deception only to calm down by the end. Or on the other end of the spectrum we have her taking deception well and just mildly ticked off. Here, her reaction is well balanced.
3. The writer even makes it plausible that Ran never really dropped her suspicion despite Conan's misdirection.
4. Heck, we even get a nice parallel to the Sherlock Holmes stories (Final Problem and The Empty House).
5. There are some nice touches in general that get ignored in the canon. One example is how Ran and Kogoro don't question why Agasa for letting Ai live with him, when he claimed that he couldn't take care of Conan. Nothing earth shattering, but it is something you'd think would be brought up.

• Upvote 1

Well I did come across a particularly well written fanfiction that is currently not done and on hiatus, however it is because the author has a lot going on in her life, but what she has written so far, in my opinion, was really wonderful.

The Case of the Missing Detective ->  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/221985/1/The-Case-of-the-Missing-Detective