Detective Conan World
YuanZuo

Kaito Kid's Father's Mystery "Death"...

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I have a strong feeling that Kaito Kid's father is actually not dead. I think he is just faked his death (like many characters on DC) because he wants to protect his family from the people coming after him. 

I don't know why I feel this way but an instinct just tells me...

I don't know if anyone else watch "Magic Kaito" (If you don't know what it is, short description from me.. It's basically things from Kid's perspective. His family, friends and "soul mate", and the very first episode is him discovering his father's secret)..... But in one of the Magic Kaito episodes when Kid is video chatting with his mom, his mom briefly says in a serious voice to Kid "Your father is not dead", and when Kid was like "whhhaattt"... His mom went back to her goofy self and was like "He lives on in my heart"...

Another thing is, Kid's dad never wanted him to discover his secret nor did he ever want Kid to be like him. He went through a lot to keep his secret hidden, but why is it that when Kid discovered his secret in Magic Kaito, there was a video programmed just for him? This does not make sense to me...

MK1412's anime original death scene was so bad.  That really stupid roller coaster thing, right?  It's been a while, so I don't remember and I can't be bothered with going back to look it up.  After incorporating that scene, you'd think A-1 Pictures would take responsibility (b-b-baka!) and conclude with an AO ending as well, but nah, screw MK man, we got Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso to milk.

I wouldn't read too deeply into the small hints Gosho has dropped, mainly because he's been writing MK on and off and I don't think he's taking it too seriously.  Even if he does wrap everything up when we're all old and grey and he has two feet in the grave, I'm willing to bet a pretty penny that it'll be pretty anticlimactic.  We can speculate all we want in the meantime, but there's not much to talk about.