Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
treehouse1441

Just finished all English DC...

*First Post*

I just finished episodes 1-130 and watched the first 4 movies. 

Is there anything else for me to watch?

I'm really upset at Funimation for not continuing to dub the rest. I wish we could get some sort of petition going.

Anyway... Is it worth sticking through and watching the SUB versions? It's not so much as I'm not down to read, it's just the years/hours/days that I have in to this series has gotten me so use to the characters and their voices and it's really gonna be hard for me to adjust, but I love the story so much!

So... spoil me...

As of February 2015, does Rachel ever find out that Conan is Jimmy and how does he turn back into Jimmy? After taking a peak at later episodes I saw that somehow he was able to do it. (Keep in mind i'm only to 130.) It's ok to spoil me since there's no real story line to this show other than rachel/jimmy's relationship progressing and Jimmy getting his life back. Otherwise it's all just the same cracking cases.

Thanks!

Anyway... Is it worth sticking through and watching the SUB versions? It's not so much as I'm not down to read, it's just the years/hours/days that I have in to this series has gotten me so use to the characters and their voices and it's really gonna be hard for me to adjust, but I love the story so much!

In my personal opinion, you definitely should. There's a lot of important stuffs regarding the plot going on after the final episode of the English version. It's arguably the point where Conan's plot actually began. If you like the English names, you can purchase the Viz manga, but keep in mind that newer characters will retain their Japanese names, and the English manga is quite behind in comparison to the Japanese version. 

So... spoil me...

As of February 2015, does Rachel ever find out that Conan is Jimmy and how does he turn back into Jimmy? After taking a peak at later episodes I saw that somehow he was able to do it. (Keep in mind i'm only to 130.) 

No, she still hasn't found out, though she has been suspicious at times (however Conan always manages to find a way to fool her).

As for how did he turn back into Shinichi/Jimmy, I'm not sure how much should I spoil you... Well, there is a new character who would help him make a temporary antidote that allows him to change back in a short period of time. Since you've watched the first 4 movies, you should know this person.

Do yourself a favor and watch the subbed anime as well or read the manga at least. Trust me, the plot starts developing a lot more and there are various new characters introduced which play a major part against the Black Organization.

I also faced some problems while transitioning from Eng Dub to Eng Sub but you'll get used to it. It is worth it so don't stop watching!!  :D

To put things into perspective it was dubbed over the original Japanese dub, the English version is not the original and the characters are not named Jimmy and Rachel, they were named that because of some silly copyright laws at the time. I remember swapping over from the dub to the sub after catching up instantly and kicking myself for taking so long to do so, the Japanese version is far better, you also don't particularly watch the series for the story itself, Conan is all about the mystery and the cases surrounding one of the best slowly arching stories to date.