Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
bakuchris

A Quick question about editing the wiki

I was hoping that I could maybe add some things that I have realized that may not be on the wiki, but I'm worried that I'm going to write something and someone may come along and remove it thinking its irrelevant or useless to the page. 

P.S. The things that I would write would be real things that I noticed in the Anime or Manga, not something that I have made up.

I was hoping that I could maybe add some things that I have realized that may not be on the wiki, but I'm worried that I'm going to write something and someone may come along and remove it thinking its irrelevant or useless to the page. 

P.S. The things that I would write would be real things that I noticed in the Anime or Manga, not something that I have made up.

There is always the risk that people will edit or even remove info from a wiki that you wrote. In fact it is pretty expected for anything you write to get changed eventually; I don't think I have a single untouched page or paragraph because others think they can improve upon what I have written (and they are generally right about that!). Avoiding outright removal is pretty easy: don't put things in the wrong place, follow the examples of other pages, and be wary of any invisible notes left behind that show up once you try to edit a section.

It would helpful to know what you are trying to do.

If you are still not confident, try making your edits on your own user page and then ask where they ought to go.

Thank you very much. 

I would really be interested of filling out some of the details for merchandise section, but it says there that you cannot copy from other websites where I got this information, and I re wrote it. Is this a copyright issue?

Thank you very much. 

I would really be interested of filling out some of the details for merchandise section, but it says there that you cannot copy from other websites where I got this information, and I re wrote it. Is this a copyright issue?

Basic facts are not copyrightable. (i.e. name of item, price, who makes it, what it is [e.g. "minifigure"]) Low res pictures are fine fair-use wise. Descriptions of items are probably copyrightable, so those should be rewritten.

As an example, let's use the three wolf moon T-shirt

Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee

Maker: The Mountain

Price: $9.93

100% Cotton

Machine washable in cold, tumble dry low, do not bleach

This short-sleeve black shirt has a print on the front of three wolves howling at a romantic moon in the upper right. Cheeto dust not included.

Add information according to the pre-existing format on the wiki page and you are good to go. Skyechan on the wiki might be the one to ask about this because she edits the merch pages the most.