Detective Conan World
Shinxran9111

Love Progress with SatoxTakagi!!

Favorite SatoxTakagi moment  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite SatoxTakagi moment?

• Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story
    • Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story 2
    • Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story 3
    • Shinkansen Transport Case Ep. 240-241
    • Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story 4
    • Parade of Malice and Saint Ep. 301-302
    • The Trembling Police Headquarters Ep. 304
    • Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story- Fake wedding
    • Others

I agree they may be considered too many for a single work (Detective Conan). I can only speak for my personal opinion, and I look at it like on a more global scale: since in most anime series the childhood friends don't get the happy ending, the main characters usually either choose someone else or there is an open/harem ending, so I see DC as a "compensation" for all these previous mass disappointments. 

And, even though there are so many of them, there is no guarantee Gosho will make a closure for every single story (especially for Heiji x Kazuha and Kogoro x Eri), and I only like happy endings lately (too tired of sad endings in real life).

As for Shiratori/Kobayashi and Chiba/Naeko, I still think every bond between children is a very positive thing, even though these specific stories aren't really something "unique". However, I think that Shiratori's long memory of his first love after only a single meeting during childhood is something worthy of approval, even though he was mistaken and was annoying while stalking Sato.

However, I respect your points of view, I am only trying to explain myself.

no, my friend

you're not the only one, ehehe..

I don't think there's anything wrong with the childhood friend cliche. It's one of those devices that help develop the relationship between some people. I could go on and on about it, but that's not going to be the purpose of my post. 

Anything, no matter how well made it is, will become stale after repeating itself in abundance. The point of the childhood friend romance is to give a pair of characters a past to develop their relationship on; it's something that should be exclusive to a select few within a series. However, it has gotten much too repetitive within DC. 

Shinichi x Ran

Heiji x Kazuha

Kaito x Aoko 

Kogoro x Eri 

Shiratori x Kobayashi

Chiba x Naeko

(probably a few others I missed)

...and suddenly, the childhood friend cliche becomes the main source of a developing relationship within DC. It's old now and I'm pretty tired of seeing it at this point. Shinichi x Ran is buried under a pile of these other relationships, which I feel is being counterintuitive. 

Childhood friendships have kinda lost their "magic" at this point. Gosho would have been better off stopping after Kaito x Aoko because right now, he's giving me the impression that his only tactic for making relationships is through the childhood friend cliche. Seriously, where did Chiba x Naeko even come from?

I love it when someone who knows proper english puts my thoughts in to a post

at the begging it was sweet, cool, great

then you get a development every 200 chapters (small ones)

in between someone completely unrelated pops in 

this is why Sato and takagi have the best relationship, granted conan is a child now and cant do much, beggining, middle and end

On 12/14/2014 at 2:47 AM, Hobgoblin2012 said:

I agree they may be considered too many for a single work (Detective Conan). I can only speak for my personal opinion, and I look at it like on a more global scale: since in most anime series the childhood friends don't get the happy ending, the main characters usually either choose someone else or there is an open/harem ending, so I see DC as a "compensation" for all these previous mass disappointments. 

And, even though there are so many of them, there is no guarantee Gosho will make a closure for every single story (especially for Heiji x Kazuha and Kogoro x Eri), and I only like happy endings lately (too tired of sad endings in real life).

As for Shiratori/Kobayashi and Chiba/Naeko, I still think every bond between children is a very positive thing, even though these specific stories aren't really something "unique". However, I think that Shiratori's long memory of his first love after only a single meeting during childhood is something worthy of approval, even though he was mistaken and was annoying while stalking Sato.

However, I respect your points of view, I am only trying to explain myself.

i agree. i like all the pairings in DC. as for the childhood friends couples, every couple has different stories that makes it special.

for example:

1.      kobayashi and shiratori only met once, they didn’t even know each other’s names

2.      naeko and chiba had lost contact for 13 years and he didn’t recognize her althought now they work in same department.

3.      Yui married somone else and when her husband died, it allows kansuke to start all over again with her.

See? Every couple has their own twists. All of them should get equal attention, I think. Hehe

• Upvote 1