Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 913-917 (Kawanakajima murder case)

I haven't seen anything about Kuroda and the NPA quoted in Black Demon's spoilers and I checked the cbox archives and I didn't see anything there either about it. I don't really know what to say about that.

Chapter 913 page 8

Uehara : How rude! Even the chief says it tastes better than before!

Koumei : That was the former chief of first division right? ....  I heard the new chief likes Black Tea

Uehara : If I recall correctly he was transferred from the National Police Agency

Yamato : I can't believe that a guy with a face like that drinks Black tea.

apparently it is also mentioned in chapter 916 when Kuroda confronts Conan about being the brains behind Sleeping Kogoro

Kuroda : 意外な着眼点で、事件解決の糸口を見つけ推理をバックアップする…

眠りの小五郎の知恵袋…警察庁ではそう噂されていたよ。江戸川コナン君…

where 警察庁 means National Police Agency. 

Ok, good to know about 916, so I wasn't wrong...

Sorry to be say something that was said a week ago, but I do see what jimmy is talking about. Also y'all may have discovered this on your own without ever needing to type it out.

Why do you think that Akiyama touches the rope when everyone else is distracted by the text message to the phone that was on Kano's body?

As for how Akiyama did it (if he did) was simple because of the design of the noose itself, one ring folded over another ring. From all the times you see rope or whatever in this series, its usually one long rope tied to make the loop and the other portion tied to the ceiling (or elsewhere). In this case the only points that are tied are the end of the rope to make the loops (circle). Also proof of the fact that hanging rope had been tampered with during the cell phone ringing when examining Kano is evident between the change in position of the knot on hanging portion of the "noose" from page 5 frame 3 and page 7 frame 1 of File 915. The position of the knot in the first frame is located on the more inward (downward or dorsal if your looking at Kano from his supine position) part of the rope in comparison to the latter position when it is more upwardly. The angle on the latter position is a bit obscured but as you can see the more inward part of the rope clearly goes under the top half (which now has the knot).

Okay now on to the part I really want to post. How Akiyama managed to change the rope to frame Yamato is simple because the ropes are not actually tied. During the distraction he grabbed the lower portion of the upper rope (the one that was looped on to the light fixture) and pulled it through over Kano's neck. Then he grabbed both parts of the lower rope and lifted them out from under the chin and pulled them underneath the first moved rope a bit. He then grabbed the uppermost part of the top rope and then pulled it underneath the just moved portion of lower rope. He put this part under the victim's neck, along with the other side of the circular rope. Lastly he pulled the previously lower rope on one end to make it look like the initial top rope.

Sorry for the long explanation of a simple trick, took me a bit because I don't actually have any ropes in my apartment except for iPod cords. And they like to curl in on themselves, make it bit difficult to do the trick. Takes me about 15 sec to do it with them, and with real ropes that don't coil, I don't doubt that capability of Akiyama doing this in less time along with everyone being distracted.

As for why he did this, other than being the culprit to add someone with possible motive to the potential suspect pool, I don't know. However if he is really the suspect then this is no coincidence along with his too "perfect" death and situation of being unable to retrieve his "body". What better way to make everyone think you're dead if they see you die? However if he really is dead, I suspect that this case actually has two murderers/culprits. With him being an accomplice and one of the three being the true mastermind of it all.

Also from what I have seen, everyone initially starts off with a flip phone if they are a police officer (except Kano with you see him with before he dies). However as stated Akiyama opens up his phone at 5:32 PM. And baring the position of the lens on each phone, I REALLY do think that both of them are the same phone (Akiyama picking it up at the crime scene).

Just my big 2 cents.

Okay now on to the part I really want to post. How Akiyama managed to change the rope to frame Yamato is simple because the ropes are not actually tied. During the distraction he grabbed the lower portion of the upper rope (the one that was looped on to the light fixture) and pulled it through over Kano's neck. Then he grabbed both parts of the lower rope and lifted them out from under the chin and pulled them underneath the first moved rope a bit. He then grabbed the uppermost part of the top rope and then pulled it underneath the just moved portion of lower rope. He put this part under the victim's neck, along with the other side of the circular rope. Lastly he pulled the previously lower rope on one end to make it look like the initial top rope.

This part is actually a lot easier that that

You really only have to pull on one rope and they instantly switch places

I used different color rubber bands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQW3LC1qclE

I can't stop thinking that Kuroda has similarities with Columbo the character played by Peter Falk like his fake eye or just his intelligence. I don't know maybe there's something to dig here!

This part is actually a lot easier that that

You really only have to pull on one rope and they instantly switch places

I used different color rubber bands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQW3LC1qclE

Well I'm dumb. In that case, the only thing Akiyama has to worry about is the position of the top rope's knot. It has to be on the top half of the loop. Otherwise it will end up on the opposite side of where it should. 

But all of this would be pointless because only one should have blood and scratch marks from Kano struggling. What probably happened was that the top rope was the part that actually strangulated Kano (Yoshikawa). Then after waiting for blood to clot, he hung him with the clean 2nd rope for the neck part and the 1st one around the light fixture. Then we all know the rest. But by not doing this, the suspect will just end up with evidence (blood and scratches) being on the wrong rope after the trick.

All of this matters little though when dealing with a corrupt police organization and killer cop.

since spoilers may hit either tomorrow or the next day

I just want to put that my guess at the meaning of X is divorce or has something to do with it...

since spoilers may hit either tomorrow or the next day I just want to put that my guess at the meaning of X is divorce or has something to do with it...
Interesting, that would lead us to akiyama's parents' divorce, but I think it would add unnecessary mystery element to something as trivial as a divorce, considering that the robber(who Is implied to have some dirty(not "that" way) connection with takeda) mentioned "X". I'd put my guess on the woodpeckers association...
This part is actually a lot easier that thatYou really only have to pull on one rope and they instantly switch placesI used different color rubber bands https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQW3LC1qclE
Btw, that was some mind blowing trick!! Nice idea! ^^ that basically put us closer to calling akiyama the murderer, but since he also died, someone else(like saegusa) must've dealt with him(my guess would be with the intention of hiding the meaning of the X) and to finish the deal, they are planning to put the blame on kansuke, who was already akiyama's scapegoat, so that they can finally hide the secret of the X(looking at kuroda's suspicious behavior in ch 916, he's probably in on it)..............and then gosho will throw a bomb at us at the end by revealing that the woodpeckers are fraction of or connected to the BO, with RUM being their leader... :P

that basically put us closer to calling akiyama the murderer, but since he also died, someone else(like saegusa) must've dealt with him

But but but thats where we need to call in the idea of a headless body

Imagine a scenario where the body burned at the beginning of the case wasn't Takeda's body. This would give the killer a headless body that he could dress in his own clothes. All he would need is a head, which he could get a fake head used for wig display from a beauty parlor. If Akiyama was the person who killed Takeda, he would have access to all of these things and would have the time to get to Mt. Saijou in time to set it up. 

What has bothered me for awhile (and you can see that I asked above somewhere) that the body we see has a head that is too cleanly severed for someone/something that was just ripped off by a rope of that thickness. Akiyama could have stored Takeda's body in or around the cabin that served as the meet up location that everyone was supposed to go to at the beginning. Then he just had to lure everyone back. 

(the rest below is just a crack pot theory for now)

As for the X, the reason that I thought it was divorce is because that when Koumei and Yamato are describing the family members of the criminals of the past, they say that the bank robber's parents killed themselves (by hanging) and that that person had no siblings (at least that's how the tumblr english file phrases it).... The bank robber's age is never given and they never mention if the bank robber had ever been married or had any children. What if, by some strange fate, that Akiyama is somehow the son of the bank robber and was talking to the bank robber on the phone shortly before the robber was shot. Not only that but the "origin of the gun" that is mentioned is the gun that the robber is holding, which he got from Akiyama so he could rob the bank. And that the X is referring to the divorce that the parents went through. Akiyama says his parents went through a divorce "last year", but the bank robbery only happened "half a year ago". ......Then the reason that Kano was able to figure out the meaning of the X was because he was currently going through a separation and maybe even a divorce with his wife also.

離婚

just look at the kanji for divorce and tell me that the furthest part to the left doesnt look like a head about to be detached, but also has a big X on it....

that basically put us closer to calling akiyama the murderer, but since he also died, someone else(like saegusa) must've dealt with him

But but but thats where we need to call in the idea of a headless body

Imagine a scenario where the body burned at the beginning of the case wasn't Takeda's body. This would give the killer a headless body that he could dress in his own clothes. All he would need is a head, which he could get a fake head used for wig display from a beauty parlor. If Akiyama was the person who killed Takeda, he would have access to all of these things and would have the time to get to Mt. Saijou in time to set it up. 

What has bothered me for awhile (and you can see that I asked above somewhere) that the body we see has a head that is too cleanly severed for someone/something that was just ripped off by a rope of that thickness. Akiyama could have stored Takeda's body in or around the cabin that served as the meet up location that everyone was supposed to go to at the beginning. Then he just had to lure everyone back. 

(the rest below is just a crack pot theory for now)

As for the X, the reason that I thought it was divorce is because that when Koumei and Yamato are describing the family members of the criminals of the past, they say that the bank robber's parents killed themselves (by hanging) and that that person had no siblings (at least that's how the tumblr english file phrases it).... The bank robber's age is never given and they never mention if the bank robber had ever been married or had any children. What if, by some strange fate, that Akiyama is somehow the son of the bank robber and was talking to the bank robber on the phone shortly before the robber was shot. Not only that but the "origin of the gun" that is mentioned is the gun that the robber is holding, which he got from Akiyama so he could rob the bank. And that the X is referring to the divorce that the parents went through. Akiyama says his parents went through a divorce "last year", but the bank robbery only happened "half a year ago". ......Then the reason that Kano was able to figure out the meaning of the X was because he was currently going through a separation and maybe even a divorce with his wife also.

離婚

just look at the kanji for divorce and tell me that the furthest part to the left doesnt look like a head about to be detached, but also has a big X on it....

you aren't serious about the last sentence are you? The X idea might be something but the severed head part has nothing to do with it since we know the origin of the severing head killing

you aren't serious about the last sentence are you? The X idea might be something but the severed head part has nothing to do with it since we know the origin of the severing head killing

which sentance? the one about the kanji? Everything below the "the rest is crack pot theory" wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. I was just typing stuff since the file would be coming out soon

now that its out in Chinese, we know for a fact that the killer is...........

Akiyama

File 917 Chinese

End of the case.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3551392155

Ignore the last two pics. they say its a parody.

Next week is a (magazine) break.

(the last two weeks break is Gosho's break)

If you notice the page numbers on each of the scans, pages 6-10 are missing

they can be found here : http://tieba.baidu.com/mo/q---E0AC7F4343F17FE8A813185EF26C7252%3AFG%3D1--1-1-0--2--wapp_1421852031350_545/m?kz=3551403326&lp=6036&pinf=1_2_0

The missing pages explain all the tricks and what not.