Detective Conan World
yuiko kudo

what could be the tittle and plot of the movie 19?

i wonder what could be the next tittle, you know that how or what plot could be like it could be action, or treasure hunting or whatever i just thinking of it. 

if i would make the plot i'll make a scenes that is full of action, you guys what do you think....?????

There was a sunflower at the end of Movie 18, so presumably it's about an adventure to a botanical garden gone wrong when a mad scientist makes the sunflowers into monsters and one of those sun-monsters kidnaps Ran and Conan uses a lone soccer ball to decapitate all of the sunflowers and everything goes fine and dandy ^^

Kidding. 

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to think of how sunflowers could be used as a central focus of a mystery, though I haven't come up with much.

- some reference to Van Gogh, much like movie 3's Rasputin references

- somehow using the heliotropism misconception (I'll take Wikipedia's word for this one)

- finally bringing math into the series by utilizing r=a+bθ to find the equations of a sunflower's seed spirals 

These aren't even legit theories, just some things I felt like putting out there.  As for a title, maybe Golden Ring of Black?  Apart from sunflowers there's nothing to go off of, so you'd be hard pressed to guess even close.  Who would have guessed Full Score of Fear after seeing a quick clip of a pipe organ? 

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but I'm going to make a bold prediction.  However, this prediction is only valid if the sunflower does indeed refer to Van Gogh.  I think the next movie will be a Kaitou Kid film about an art museum heist focusing around Van Gogh's works with visual arts as a major theme.  Generally, every recent movie can be given a theme: M-11 is pirates, M-12 is music, M-13 is BO, M-14 is airship, M-15 is snow, M-16 is soccer, M-17 is battleship, and M-18 is Akai.  It wouldn't surprise me if they decide to use visual arts (painting, sculpture, photography) as the theme for M-19.  The only way I can imagine them pulling this off is having the crime be a major heist at a museum, which is something that fits the DC formula but also leaves a lot of room for fresh ideas.  Furthermore, we haven't had a Kid movie since M-14 and it's about time he shows up in one.  Not to mention museums have always been Kid magnets.  As for a movie title, I think there may be a pun on the word "frame" (picture frame and framing a criminal).

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm right, but I'm basing a theory on a major assumption so I wouldn't be shocked if I'm wrong either.

Perhaps Conan just happens to run into thieves in a museum that Kid is planning to also steal from?  Or maybe a bunch of security guards and police conspire to steal a painting during a pre-planned Kid heist and use the confusion to their advantage?  

Apparently, there is one of Van Gogh's sunflower paintings in the Sompo Japan Museum of Art.  Though there doesn't appear to be any jewels there, maybe Sonoko's gramps decides to use that building as a place to lure Kid out with some ruby from Cambodia, or something.

This is seriously just turning into a tower of assumptions now.  Honestly though, throw in a bomb threat too, and now there's a tri-faceted mess of a transition movie between the big 18 and the bigger 20. 

I don't know how this might fit into the movie, but when I heard about the sunflower at the end of movie 18, I thought about the Greek myth about a water nymph, named Clytie (I think), who watched Apollo make his trip across the sky because she was in love with him -- she eventually turned into a sunflower, which was thought to explain why the sunflower always faces the sun... maybe the "persistence" and "waiting" components of that myth might get involved into the movie? O_O

I don't know how this might fit into the movie, but when I heard about the sunflower at the end of movie 18, I thought about the Greek myth about a water nymph, named Clytie (I think), who watched Apollo make his trip across the sky because she was in love with him -- she eventually turned into a sunflower, which was thought to explain why the sunflower always faces the sun... maybe the "persistence" and "waiting" components of that myth might get involved into the movie? O_O

Well, the movie was confirmed to be about Van Gogh and Kaitou Kid, so I'm betting on something lightheartedly similar to movie 14.

What you suggested seems more plausible for some kind of revenge murder of sorts, or maybe that's just me.  Oh yeah, myths and science regarding sunflowers may show up in the episode special that ties in with the movie.

Well, the movie was confirmed to be about Van Gogh and Kaitou Kid, so I'm betting on something lightheartedly similar to movie 14.

What you suggested seems more plausible for some kind of revenge murder of sorts, or maybe that's just me.  Oh yeah, myths and science regarding sunflowers may show up in the episode special that ties in with the movie.

it was confirmed already?! how did I not know about this O_O *withers away from depression*

I hope it's better than movie 14 though... I did not like that movie at all...

I didn't get that kind of news too :'(

Where do you get that kind of news 0.0

And I hope it will be good movie probably better than movie 14; I didn't watch it but many say its not good

it was confirmed already?! how did I not know about this O_O *withers away from depression*

I hope it's better than movie 14 though... I did not like that movie at all...

I didn't get that kind of news too :'(

Where do you get that kind of news 0.0

And I hope it will be good movie probably better than movie 14; I didn't watch it but many say its not good

http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12439#p830421

^Gosho confirmed it himself in an interview