Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 11: Walpurgisnacht

(Going good, guys, going good. There's nothing I need to do right now, but if you need me to mess up the plot, whether you want me to or not, I'll be there. ;) )

(Just asking, but can the headmaster be killed? :P)

(Usui-kun: About the proposal of Syra's parents: It's just a proposal, and that last part was completely random. I would like to see the first part happen)

(Oh, and isn't the headmaster coming back? Chills called him.)

Beans. Beans. Beans. Beans.

Syra found swallowing tonight's dinner, beans, quite hard. I'd rather freeze to death in Chill's office than eat the magical fruit over here....That's it, I'm ditching dinner.

She silently creeped out the door.

"Well, well. Komari, haven't you heard Rogue's order that all students must return tot the dormitory?"

A voice she knew too well.

'Thorn, you know I hate that guy, that I defy authority, and that food is a basic need of man. But maybe you don't know that because you're busy prancing up and down the hallways like this school's yours."

The boy gritted his teeth. "I'll let you go, Syra. But I'll remember this."

He walked away, and so did Syra.

In opposite directions.

My NPC:

Julius Thorn: A 2nd year student whose parents are sponsors of Gretchen High. He has not shown talent in any element, and rumor is he just entered Gretchen High because of his parents' influence. Syra once set his pants on fire, and he has vowed to expel her. He has yet to succeed.

(Very darn short, I know. I just have training from 7 am to 5 pm tomorrow, so don't expect me to post in those times..)

-Nara

It had been 15 minutes. The only resistance Rouge could have put up was solidifying lava into rocks to make barriers against the spirit. His clothes were ragged and torn at some places, and he had a few scratches on his hands. Sweat trickled down his chin and the tip of his nose, but he was far from tired. 

The spirit advanced again and Rouge immediately shot himself towards the other sides of the battleground in evasion, flames boosting him from beneath his shoes. He quickly landed, crouching on his right knee and made a series of sharp, straight movements with his right hand. 

Flames from opposite end of the boundary he had made himself joined together, removing the spirit from his view. The fire hotter before it cooled down into thick gray stone. 

He had tried to pierce it, slam it, burn it, enclosed it using various fire spells. He even went as far as consume it with lava but nothing worked. The spirit just got past everything made of mana like a ghost. And his barrier wasn't to his advantage either, but it gave him time.

The spirits' phantom-like claws reached from within the wall without warning. Any person without constant vigilance would have been a goner.

"Hurry up." Rouge said to himself. Suddenly, two objects landed behind him.

"Rouge!" "Vice!" Aster and Garnet had arrived. 

"It's freaking hot here!" Garnet exclaimed. Rouge quickly dispelled his magma magic but not before adjusting his body. He would end up with hypothermia if he didn't. 

"Listen up, here's the plan; I'll crush that wall over there and you guys will keep the spirit distracted while I make a seal into the ground." Rouge said, steam slipping out from beneath his feet. With a motion of his hand the stone crumbled, revealing the spirit. 

(yay FIGHT ON! :P basically I cant write action scenes very well. So I'm relying on Garnet. Earth magic is ineffective here.)

Misaki closed the book and hid in under her pillow, done with it for today. She had learned a lot about using mana to heal. I should get some fresh air...  Take a walk. It'll be good for me.

After putting on a dark colored jacket for the chilly evening and her bag, she headed out. The girl more or less wandered around, making sure sure not to be seen by anyone. After all, she didn't want to get in more trouble with Mr. Chills. The man nearly froze my fingers off...

Somehow she ended up in the woods by the school. It was nice, to have some peace and quiet after such a draining day. I bet Sakila would have liked it....

Her mood sunk almost immediately. I wonder if her family's been informed yet... I'll have to call tomorrow and see what I can do to help.

When she looked ahead, she noticed a glow coming from deeper in the woods. "What the...?" she muttered to herself as she started to jog towards the light.

As she came closer, she started feeling hotter and hotter (and not from the running). She shed her jacket and stuck it in her bag just as she came across Rouge, Garnet and Aster up against something big. Rouge looked tired, with his clothes ragged and some scratches still bleeding. She heard him say, "Listen up, here's the plan; I'll crush that wall over there and you guys will keep the spirit distracted while I make a seal into the ground."

"Guys?!" Misaki yelled, running over to them. "What the heck is going on?!"

(Asking for prayers for victims of Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda! You should have seen the flood! :o :o :o :o )

That Thorn-namasake-of-her-father-but-a-total-snob-and-creep had shown up again! Pests keep showing up today. First that redhead, then that thorn in the backside.

She wondered if the speech of whoever-made-the-opening-speech was done, and the freshmen she met earlier were already back in their dorms. Time to immerse in 'rent's studies. She turned the last corner then opened her dormitory door.

As usual, her teddy bear was in the right place,on top of her bed. That teddy bear felt like Syra's only friend, and she tells what happens everyday to that bear. The books were in a messy pile. The beddings were clumsily made.

"Hey Teddy. You know what happened? On the very first day, there were two mana murders, a third year student and a freshman. That freshman was part of a fivesome which Chills called over to his office to become Ms. Seeker's assistants. So now she has four new frostbitten assistants. But then they were led to the lab by Rouge, and you know how much I hate him. And after dinner, I met that Julius Thorn. I met two of my worst enemies in one day. Imagine that, Teddy?"

She picked up the top book, Proposals, where that dreaded Proposal Number 2 was written, along with theories on what the pages possibly ripped out of Revelations contained. She flopped on the bed and read.

Chapter 1- The Missing Pages...

"Huh?", she muttered. "Why is it suddenly so hot?" She looked out the window.

Rouge, the redhead, along with 3 of the students she met earlier, were outside. They looked like they were fighting for their lives. They were fighting a monster. A Spirit. They won't stand any chance! Spirits just absorb mana like vampires suck blood! Quickly, she grabbed a small object from the pile of objects at the base of her bed. A Communication Crystal given to her by Ms. Seeker "so she can update her on the latest studies!" She had sworn never to use it.

She would just have to break her oath.

"Hurry, hurry, please.."

"Syra, that you?"

"Yes! Ms. Seeker, there's a Spirit attack by the forest! We need your help!"

"Huh? Oh dear..Well, Syra dear, try to hold it off before I call some other teachers to deal with the situation!"

"Wait, Ms. Seeker!", cried Syra, but Ms. Seeker had cut off the connection. "Darn it!"

She snapped the book shut and ran outside. Saving one of her worst enemies was not one of the Top 10 things she wanted to do, but hey, there were three freshmen with him, and they were dealing with one of the entities that even Ein said was unstoppable, so they would need all the help they can get.

She got outside and yelled, "Hey, need help?"

Four tired faces turned and nodded.

"Here's some," and she summoned the flames.

((Lucky me, I get to start over after my computer crashed mid-fight scene... _ _ I'll try to keep it as close to the original idea as possible. )

A spirit, huh? Something's off... I don't think my earth power will work here. I'll let the newbies take care of V-Prez for a while, and if they need help maybe I'll step in with something worth interrupting with. Johannes crossed his arms and leaned against a tree just outside the heat-zone, making sure he could see the action through a gap in the branches before him. Hope they win. They're pretty interesting kids.

"A distraction? I'm pretty great at those," Garnet boasted, remembering her days as 'bait' in her gang back home. Before she discovered her power and really started training to protect, she'd taken advantage of being the only young girl in her circles, and took jobs luring and distracting enemies through feigned kindness and innocence. She'd later learned how to use power as a means of distraction, studying a little illusion 'magic' to learn about misdirection. "If this thing killed Dei and Sakila, it ain't gonna last long with us, so ya better have a plan, Red." 

Taking a loose fighting stance, she mumbled to herself for a moment. "It absorbs or consumes mana, huh? Lucky I learned suppression then. Just use pure human strength an' keep it away from Rouge... Let's hope it's got physical form." Letting out a breath, Garnet used a trick she'd learned through practice to seal her mana path from the inside. She could easily break the seal by summoning either lightning or flame, but in this case she didn't think they'd be of use unless it rained and she could pull true lightning from the sky. Running at the Spirit, Garnet leapt up and threw a haymaker at what she figured was its face, using its hands/claws as stepping stones to avoid the counterstrike. To her surprise and satisfaction, the hit connected, and the girl grinned. "So, you can't do anythin' but scratch at the physical body, an' I can do the same ta you? Looks like it ain't yer lucky day." After getting in one more good punch, she hopped down to dodge a sweeping arm and jumped back, standing next to Aster. "Want me ta seal ya so you can fight without gettin' yer mana messed with? Looks like we can touch it with blunt force" she asked. As she waited for an answer, the girl poked his forehead, letting a small thread of mana flow into him. "If you wanna seal it, jus' tell that bit to hide the rest kinda an' it'll protect it." 

With another grin she looked at Misaki, who'd approached from the school area. "Heya. We got a Spirit thinks 'e can get away with murder, Misaki. Wanna help distract 'im so Red can take care of it?" She touched the girl's cheek, transferring the same amount of mana to her as she had to Aster. "With this ya can supress yer magic if ya wanna try takin' this thing on with force. If ya wanna try magic, be careful not to let the spirit tap inta the source, 'kay?" With that she turned back to face the monster, cracking her knuckles. "Now, where were we?" Barely dodging a clawed swipe that grazed her calf, Garnet rushed to the side and threw herself at the creature's body, pummeling it with a rapid series of punches. Kicking at its legs with her scratched leg, she shouted, "You're gonna pay for what ya did!" 

As she tried to avoid the thing's counter-attack, the short-haired fighter glanced back at the others, where a third student was now standing and summoning a large amount of fire. "Wait, Syra, that ain't a good idea!" she shouted. Moments later, the creature was flying at the girl. "Crap!" She grabbed hold of the Spirit's left arm, digging into it with her nails and swinging herself over onto its back. Just before Syra and the Spirit clashed, she reached around and put the beast in a chokehold, tugging back as hard as she could. "Get it while it's distracted you guys!" she yelled over the screeching coming from her enemy. Garnet kept her hold, trying not to get thrown off by the thrashing Spirit, and added, "First dibs on the rodeo~"

((xD I dunno why I did that. but I was bored and that sounded fun. This is how L starts a fight. So Syra, the spirit's coming at you since your mana's out, Aster and Misaki, I don't like controlling other people's characters without permission, so I'll let you choose whether to use magic or suppress it. I mentioned the trick earlier, it seals it and makes it appear as though it isn't there, so you'd have to fight with your bodies. Thanks for the fun scene guys~ And Rouge, good luck. ))

[[Guess I'll make Devin sit this one out since earth magic is useless. ^^' I'll probably just ruin the amazing fight scene you established if I joined in anyway.]]

Devin stood aside, watching the commotion unfold. The boy would have never ventured into something so rowdy. He didn't like getting his hands dirty, both literally and figuratively. He wasn't particularly interested either but if push comes to shove, observing the other students' fighting styles would come in handy. His eyes darted around the scene in rigid and calculated glances, taking mental notes of how his fellow freshmen acted. The Spirit, who undoubtedly posed a grave threat to all of them, took a backseat to him. His priorities were misplaced and lay elsewhere. Besides, there were already four of them. If they were any good, and they should be since they got admission to the school, they should accomplish the task at hand like clockwork. His arms crossed, the corners of his mouth pulled into a smirk and his eyebrows furrowed, Devin was very much exuding a pompous air as if he was someone to impress.

As the fight ensued, Devin couldn't help but notice how Garnet unexpectedly took the reins and was barking out orders like an overenthusiastic drill sergeant. He had pegged Rouge to do that since he's apparently a vice president or whatever his title was. All he was sure of was the redhead was supposed to be someone with authority and if he intended to show that, it was the time to do so. Devin had to hand it to Garnet though, her grating way of talking aside, the strategies she came up with actually deserved some acknowledgement. He found himself thoroughly enjoying what was happening before him, much to his chagrin. It was then that he caught glimpse of the tea girl with flames billowing above her in a ludicrous amount. He was right on the nose. The girl was both gullible and reckless. Without thinking, as he knew the creature would advance on the new arrival after her dull-witted display of 'power', Devin yanked her off its path by her arm. He was pretty sure he heard a snap from the girl's arm when he did it, since he didn't consider having delicacy at all. He threw her to the ground impulsively, his eyes taking on a whole another level of anger.

"Why would you do something so doltish? Did you think you were of assistance to anyone? You could have been -" He stopped in mid-speak, realizing that he was showing more sympathy than his character would allow. He adjusted his glasses, crossed his arms once more and cleared his throat. "Show some gratitude to me, filth."

Averting his eyes to the action, he saw that Garnet has already pinned down the Spirit. All the surprisingly building respect Devin had for the girl evaporated. After all, her last comment was the most brutish thing that came out of her mouth. But he could despise her to a lesser extent than the others now. Progress has been made.

"Actually, I have a better idea." Instead of using Garnet's little trick, Aster considerably increased his mana. Rouge, who was busy drawing a circle and writing symbols in a deep part of the forest stopped at the surge of power. The spirit eased out of the mess it was it in like air, immediately heading for Aster. Rouge's eyes widened at the amount of magical energy he was sensing. 

There was a slight explosion with ripples in the air as the Aster vanished and reappeared a good distance from where everyone was standing, the spirit following after him. 

"That guy...!" Syra figured it out. Aster was able to break the sound barrier with his speed. His neat hair hovering upwards, Aster used smaller movements to dodge the spirit. Garnet was able to tackle it down, but as he was now, he had no chance of hitting it without getting his mana sucked. But it had left Rouge alone. That's what was important.

Visible lightning crackling around his body, Aster activated the strongest wind spell he knew and dived straight for the spirit, his slipstream slashing everything in its wake. He wasn't exactly a team player, but the others would be fine if they kept out the way. The mana of the spirit distorted here and there due the burst of air but in the end it came back with a new flair for Aster had the mana it needed. 

Such mana. A worthy sacrifice to Gaia. Aster stood still like a statue at the voice piercing his mind and he involuntarily stepped back. Gaia. He knew the word.

"Unfortunately not." The slightest provocation made the spirit lunge for him, revealing it's haughty nature. "Meh, Is that all?" Aster grinned, his eyes shining like he had found a new toy. 

"Looks like I was right." Rouge said, having finished the circle. He stood in the middle of it. "Playtime's over, bring it here Aster." There was another slight explosion and Aster was standing besides Rouge. "That was quick- holy hell!" Aster looked at where he was standing. 

That sealing circle had a six pointed star with three perfect circles around it's edges. There were many unknown symbols of another language and some difficult equations laid on the ground. Epsilion, magical language that only high level magicians practiced. Aster knew some of it, and wondered if Rouge needed any help with the activation.

"Oh, what do you see?" Rouge asked, stepping in the center of the seal. "Time to be the bait." Aster forgot his question.

"Hey, why are you asking me?" Aster inquired, the spirit now charging straight at them. "You're the bait." Aster said to the redhead. Rouge pouted. Both of them wanted to activate the circle. That was the cooler part. The position and timing had to be right, which is why one of them had to stand in the middle and draw the spirit.

"No you're the bait." "No you're the bait." "No you're the bait." "No you're the bait." "No, I'm the bait." "No, I'm the bait!" "If you say so." It took Aster a moment to realize what Rouge did. "Dammit." Aster muttered before charging up. The spirit flew directly at him. 

Rouge clapped his hands, an unnecessary gesture but he liked Edward Elric, and slammed them on the ground. The ground lit up and Aster sidestepped just as the spirit grazed the side of his neck. 

Time seemed to stop as a bright light enveloped the forest, before it reduced gradually, revealing only Aster and Rouge. "I think that was too easy." Aster said. "Anti-climatic even." he added.

"I didn't actually seal the spirit, I just sent in somewhere else." "WHAT?!" "Trust me, it's more fun to let the Headmaster take care of it." Rouge yawned. Aster stared in disbelief, his eye twitching.

(Reckless? Sounds like me)

"You seriously want your pants charred? Let go!" Syra seriously considered making another Julius Thorn out of this freshman, but she decided against it. Wrestling the freshman, she freed herself from the crowd.

Yeah, yeah, it was reckless, but what else could she do? She wasn't exactly that athletic type.

"Syra!"

"Ms. Seeker! Where are the teachers?",

"They're coming. Where's this Spirit here?", asked Ms. Seeker.

"The orange-haired girl back in your office pinned it down by force. It worked.", Syra said with a grin. She made a mental note to be more in control of emotions to that girl.

"Well, that was a good strategy, but it won't last long," sighed Ms. Seeker. "I do wish those teachers would hurry up."

Syra looked back at the raging fight between Garnet and the Spirit. Then, Asterdid something that shocked Syra

"That guy....!" said Syra. She had figured it out, and it was NOT really a piece of cake. Breaking sound barriers with spoed was done only by master magicians!

"Increasing his mana? Suicidial!" said Ms. Seeker

The forest lit up with bright light, leaving the four fighters.

"He destroyed the Spirit? Impossible...." said Ms. Seeker

"No. He just sent it somewhere else. Rouge was drawing a seal. But I don't think he sealed in the Spirit. I think he just sent it somewhere else."

"But where? That Spirit has got to be angry. Being pinned down is NOT a good experience. Whoever goes near there will have a small chance of seeing daylight again!" cried Ms. Seeker

"There's only one place he sent that. The only person he believes that can handle that Spirit."

"The Headmaster? Oh gosh..", she muttered.

Garnet stood and cracked her fingers, scrubbing some dirt from her cheek. "The hell? It's gone?" She looked at the empty space where the Spirit had been, cursing it under her breath. "I hope the headmaster gives it what it deserves..." With a sigh, she glanced down at the long scratch on her leg, frowning at the blood getting on her torn jeans. "Great, I've only got one more pair..." The orange-headed girl gave Rouge and Aster a respectful nod, mumbling, "Good job," before turning to Devin and Syra. "I'm glad she's okay, but ya coulda been more careful." she grumbled at the short, bespectacled boy. "I think ya broke 'er wrist. And she ain't filth, either... Thanks, though." The last two words were spat as begrudingly as they could be.Her frown still in place, she stared at a gap in the tree branches where a silver-haired boy was standing and watching with a look of disappointment. "Oi, you! Whattaya think you're doin'?"

Johannes smiled and entered the clearing, the spark of amusement back in his eyes. A hopeless romantic and shameless flirt, he sidled up to Misaki and gave her a wink, proffering a flower he'd plucked from a bush nearby. "I'm Johannes Weiss. Nice to meet you." Garnet glared after the crimson-eyed trickster as he looked Devin up and down, deciding he was someone interesting. "So you're young Mister Song, huh? I heard you were into Earth style magic too~" Garnet, tired of his ignorance of her question, snapped, "Why were ya standin' there like a creep while the rest of us were fightin' that thing?" Johannes' lips fell into a frown, and he held a hand out to her, fingers splayed. "Johannes. But you can call me Loki. I was observing like that glasses-wearing shortie." As the girl rolled her eyes and took the hand, he smirked, and a vine snaked to them and wrapped around her leg, tripping her. Chuckling quietly, he added, "I'm the trickster king of this place, no creep. All about illusion, misdirection, and pranks." The boy played with the end of his silver ponytail, watching Aster and Rouge for a moment before turning back to Misaki. "So, what's your name, miss?"

"Loki," Rouge said, his tone revealing how tired he was. He was feeling dizzy from the amount of mana he had used. "Hey there V.P." Johannes chimed and stopped. Garnet wondered why, but it seemed like Rouge was able to send the prankster messages by looking. 

"This particular part of the forest had no magical properties while the earth is defective. You couldn't use earth magic if you wanted to." Rouge explained.

"Thanks for the help. You did more than me." Aster commented to Garnet. He sent a glare to Davin, his fist clenched and looked to Rouge who nodded his head sideways. 

"Davin Song, correct? explain to me because a teacher will surely put this on your permanent record." Rouge concerned himself with Davin, still weary but he didn't let it show. Aster tried to approach Syra but she refused him and went to Misaki instead. He then went to Johannes and Garnet to converse for a while.

"Hi!" He said somewhat nervously.

Johannes sighed, having just lost his excuse that he'd have stepped in to save everyone. The prez wasn't easy to please, so he was glad the situation had worked out and he hadn't been scolded for his messing with Garnet. "Well, good job, V Prez, Aster." He smiled and returned his attention to Misaki, still hoping to get a phone numbed out of the situation. Garnet was too weird for his taste, but if Misaki brushed him off he'd talk to Syra.

Garnet glared at the prankster and stood up, shaking her head at Aster's greeting. "Ya did plenty," she argued, grinning. "That was a great move, increasin' yer mana with the wind spell. I'd ask ya ta teach me, but wind's outta my range." She gave the buy a friendly punch on the shoulder, adding, "Ya saved Syra too, so I guess you've gotta be alright, huh?" After laughing to herself at his somewhat nervous face, she took a couple of safety pins from her pocket, using them to pin the gaping hole in her pant leg. "Maybe I'll start a trend or somethin' with these," she joked before falling on her face again, this time Devin being tripped where he stood as well. "The hell!?" 

Johannes smirked and looked the other way, thinking at least these newbies were fun to mess with. Well, he wasn't about to prank Prez... or his apparent bud, Aster. But the others could be amusing. Glad he'd found a new group of freshman to tease, he wondered what he could do to impress Misaki and Syra now that there was nothing to fight and no one to save. Ah well, maybe next time. 

"Mana manipulation is all about concentration. I doubt a regular wind-user could use that spell though. Too much strain." Aster said. "By the way, I have a sewing kit in our room. I can lend it to you." Stars were evident in his eyes. 

(So now we need Senpai to sort out breaking Syra's wrist. :V why you do that? :(

It didn't seem as if they heard or saw her as Garnet boasted, "A distraction? I'm pretty great at those. If this thing killed Dei and Sakila, it ain't gonna last long with us, so ya better have a plan, Red." 

So in the meantime Misaki decided to watch. It's better to get a basic idea about what's this thing is. I don't want to blindly attack. Taking a loose fighting stance, Garnet paused for a minute before running at the Spirit. She leapt up and threw a haymaker at what she figured was its face, using its hands/claws as stepping stones to avoid the counterstrike. The hit connected, and the girl grinned. "So, you can't do anythin' but scratch at the physical body, an' I can do the same ta you? Looks like it ain't yer lucky day."

After getting in one more good punch, she hopped down to dodge a sweeping arm and jumped back, standing next to Aster. "Want me ta seal ya so you can fight without gettin' yer mana messed with? Looks like we can touch it with blunt force," she asked. As she waited for an answer, the girl poked his forehead. "If you wanna seal it, jus' tell that bit to hide the rest kinda an' it'll protect it." 

With another grin she looked at Misaki. "Heya. We got a Spirit thinks 'e can get away with murder, Misaki. Wanna help distract 'im so Red can take care of it?" Garnet touched the girl's cheek, feeling the mana seep in. "With this ya can supress yer magic if ya wanna try takin' this thing on with force. If ya wanna try magic, be careful not to let the spirit tap inta the source, 'kay?"

She nodded. With that she turned back to face the monster, cracking her knuckles. "Now, where were we?" Barely dodging a clawed swipe that grazed her calf, Garnet rushed to the side and threw herself at the creature's body, pummeling it with a rapid series of punches. Kicking at its legs with her scratched leg, she shouted, "You're gonna pay for what ya did!" 

Misaki looked up. There should be enough in the sky to summon some rain. But before she could, she saw Syra near her, summoning up a mass amount of fire. "Wait, Syra, that ain't a good idea!" Garnet shouted.

Moments later, the creature was flying at the girl. "Crap!" she heard the orange haired girl yell as she grabbed hold of the Spirit's left arm and swinging herself over onto its back. She reached around and put the beast in a chokehold, tugging back as hard as she could. "Get it while it's distracted you guys!" she yelled over the screeching coming from her enemy. Garnet kept her hold, trying not to get thrown off by the thrashing Spirit, and added, "First dibs on the rodeo~"

"Actually, I have a better idea." Aster said, increasing his mana. What the...!

The creature lunged at the boy. There was a slight explosion with ripples in the air as the Aster vanished and reappeared a good distance from where everyone was standing, the spirit following after him. 

"That guy...!" Syra yelled, not finishing though.

Did he... Did he break the sound barrier?!

Garnet was able to tackle it down, but as he was now, he had no chance of hitting it without getting his mana sucked. Misaki assessed the situation quickly, seeing if there was any way to attack without getting her mana sucked. Before she could act, she saw lightning crackling around his body. Aster used a decently strong lightening spell and dived straight for the spirit, his slipstream slashing everything in its wake. The mana of the spirit distorted here and there due the burst of air but in the end it came back with a flair.

"Unfortunately not." Aster said, the slightest provocation making the spirit lunge for him. "Meh, Is that all?" he grinned, his eyes shining like he had found a new toy. 

"Is it really that smart to taunt something like this..?" Misaki muttered, still not acting due to not knowing what to do. She was adaptable, yes, but going against something she had never seen before was a bit out of her depth.

"Looks like I was right." Rouge said. She looked towards him, noticing a circle drawn on the ground. He stood in the middle of it. She recognized the type of circle right away, having seen it mentioned in a book once. A sealing circle! Woah! 

"Playtime's over, bring it here Aster." There was another slight explosion before Aster was standing besides Rouge. "That was quick- holy hell!" 

"Oh, what do you see?" Rouge asked, stepping in the center of the seal. "Time to be the bait." 

"Hey, why are you asking me?" Aster inquired, the spirit now charging straight at them. "You're the bait." Aster said to the redhead. Rouge pouted. 

The two argued somewhat childishly over who would be the bait. "Decide already!" she yelled out, seeing the spirit approaching fast. It seems that they had, as Aster charged up, causing the spirit to lunge at him.

Rouge clapped his hands, an unnecessary gesture, and slammed them on the ground. It lit up brightly, as if there were lights underneath. Aster sidestepped just as the spirit grazed the side of his neck. 

Time seemed to stop as a bright light enveloped the forest, before it reduced gradually, revealing only Aster and Rouge. Misaki stood, frozen, surprised by the high level of magic used. They're really good... 

"I think that was too easy." Aster said. "Anti-climatic even." he added.

"I didn't actually seal the spirit, I just sent in somewhere else."

"WHAT?!" several people yelled in unison.

"Trust me, it's more fun to let the Headmaster take care of it." Rouge yawned.

Are you kidding me?

"I hope the headmaster gives it what it deserves..." Garnet sighed as she glanced down at the long scratch on her leg, frowning at the blood getting on her torn jeans. "Great, I've only got one more pair..."

The orange-headed girl gave Rouge and Aster a respectful nod, mumbling something before turning to Devin and Syra. "I'm glad she's okay, but ya coulda been more careful," she grumbled at the short, bespectacled boy. "I think ya broke 'er wrist. And she ain't filth, either... Thanks, though."

"Syra," Misaki said, heading over to her, "do you want me to treat your wrist? I just learned how to, but I think I can at least hurry up the healing process..."

The girl gave a nod. So, after making a splint for her, she gently grasped her wrist and focused sending mana to the affected area. After a few minutes, she asked, "Is that ok?

Once again, she nodded. "Thanks."

"Oi, you! Whattaya think you're doin'?"

She turned towards Garnet, who was looking at a silver haired boy. He walked over and sidled up to Misaki before gave her a wink. Unconsciously, she shrunk back, feeling uncomfortable with such close contact with him. The boy handed her a flower before saying, "I'm Johannes Weiss. Nice to meet you."

Johannes looked Devin up and down. "So you're young Mister Song, huh? I heard you were into Earth style magic too~"

Garnet snapped, "Why were ya standin' there like a creep while the rest of us were fightin' that thing?"

Johannes' lips fell into a frown, and he held a hand out to her, fingers splayed. "Johannes. But you can call me Loki. I was observing like that glasses-wearing shortie."

"I'm not short," she muttered, pouting.

Garnet took the hand, but Loki smirked before a  vine snaked to them and wrapped around her leg, tripping her. Chuckling quietly, he added, "I'm the trickster king of this place, no creep. All about illusion, misdirection, and pranks."

Immediately she was by Garnet. "Are you ok?" she asked. The girl nodded.

"So, what's your name, miss?" the silver haired boy asked her. 

"Misaki," she replied distractedly, looking over Garnet's injuries and seeing where she could help.

"Loki," Rouge said, his tone revealing how tired he was.

"Hey there V.P." Johannes chimed and stopped. 

"This particular part of the forest had no magical properties while the earth is defective. You couldn't use earth magic if you wanted to." Rouge explained.

"Thanks for the help. You did more than me." Aster commented. 

"Devin Song, correct?" Rouge asked. "Explain to me because a teacher will surely put this on your permanent record." 

"Hi!" Aster said somewhat nervously.

Garnet glared at the prankster and stood up, shaking her head at Aster's greeting. "Ya did plenty," she argued, grinning. "That was a great move, increasin' yer mana with the wind spell. I'd ask ya ta teach me, but wind's outta my range."

She gave the buy a friendly punch on the shoulder, adding, "Ya saved Syra too, so I guess you've gotta be alright, huh?"

"Mana manipulation is all about concentration. I doubt a regular wind-user could use that spell though. Too much strain." 

"Too bad," Misaki said. "I would have liked to learn that spell...."

Garnet took a couple of safety pins from her pocket, using them to pin the gaping hole in her pant leg. "Maybe I'll start a trend or somethin' with these," she joked before falling on her face again, this time Devin being tripped where he stood as well. "The hell!?" 

"Will you stop already?!" Misaki yelled, turning to face Loki. She was annoyed with his prank playing, especially after the day they'd had.

"I was just trying to have a little fun~" he replied.

"Well have fun without tripping people," she said.

"By the way," Aster said, turning to Garnet, "I have a sewing kit in our room. I can lend it to you."

"And I can sew that up for you if you want," Misaki added. "I used to do it all the time for Sakila, so..."

"QED."

The headmaster took another step back, blood seeping from his many wounds. He looked at his aggressor, a bored man with a skull cap and suit. Spirits surrounded him, but were kept back by the other man.

"Just another Z-class magician. I was expecting more from the headmaster of Gretchen High." The man didn't even look phazed, or out of breath.

Tonate's eyes flashed with anger, and he sent a fireball at the man's face. The man calmly lifted his hand and a single Spirit drifted over and absorbed the fireball. "You realize you are way out of your vector. You, and the rest of Gretchen High, and everyone in this world!" Tonate gritted his teeth. "Don't...mock Gretchen High, you bastard!"

"Gretchen High? Pah, I'll just add it to the heap. Like everything else." The man waved his hand dismissively.

"What are...you after?"

"The perfect solution, of course. Flawlessly calculated over years, the equation that solves for the perfect world. It began with Ein, and it will end with Stein. That's me, of course." The man spread out both his arms. "This world is ugly, devoid of any beauty or order. It must be factored into its basic elements, then formed into a new, perfect era! And I fully intend to bring about the Walpurgis Night itself to bring about this new world!"

"You, can't be," and Tonate raised his hand, but then collapsed from his wounds. The man walked over and kicked Tonate over. "What mere human could understand the goals of an angel? Mmm, Tonate?" He waved his hand and a group of Spirits swarmed Tonate's body. He looked up at the sky. "For centuries I have stood by, but no longer. This world has become a sea of irrational numbers, devoid of any sense of order or beauty."

He spun around on his feet, and began to walk. "I believe that some student from Gretchen High must have sent a Spirit to Tonate. I did deploy a single Spirit at Gretchen, but to think it would reveal itself so soon...heh. Perhaps I should take a visit himself." His appearance shimmered and soon Stein was gone.

========================================

Here he is, your final boss for this roleplay:

Stein

An angel that descended from the heavens to the Earth. Plans to bring about Walpurigis Night and usher a new world order.

Wears a suit and tie with a black skull cap. Appears young. Emanates an aura of power.

Has the ability to control the Spirits. He can force them to his bidding, or create new Spirits. Besides this ability, Stein is also a master magician, and has mastered all five elements, as well as manipulation of Possibility. He can freely phase in and out between dimensions to avoid attacks and move to different locations. It is impossible to defeat him, as he has both a limitless resevoir of mana and centuries of magical experience.

Enjoys using mathematical terminology. Also, Stein is just a name he calls himself. It is unknown whether it is his real name.

And btw, you're welcome, Usui.

(Thanks Mohovie~)

"That's a nice idea!" Aster voice was slow like he had seen the statement once said on a TV show. It was for children, but he didn't know. 

"Oh by the way Mimori, the key point to that spell is keep your mana focused around you. It's an A-Rank spell, but variations can exist." He proceed to crouch down and waited for a while. Suddenly, he thrust his fist forward at shoulder length, but Misaki looked at the ground where there were two slanted lines in the soil. 

They started from behind Aster but the gap between them lessened as the reach the area under his hand where the would have met. They didn't join, but Aster connected the anyway, creating a curved V shape. 

"I see. But did you really have to taunt the spirit?" Misaki asked the question she was holding. "It was a fire spirit. Spirits are intelligent, and they can understand us. Depending on the element they have emotions. I remember that fire is anger while water is calmness." Aster explained. "Were you worried? I get carried away sometimes." 

Meanwhile, Rouge seemed have done discussing with Devin and was now negotiating with Syra. He glanced at Misaki and smiled encouragingly at her use of medical magic. 

"You're wrist is healed Komari. Can't you forgive him this time?" Rouge asked. Syra didn't agree and wanted to tell Ms. Seeker what Devin had done. ,

"He might be rough around the edges, but give him some time. I get the feeling he hasn't socialized with people like us for a long time." Rouge said, glancing briefly at Devin. Where the boy had questioned his leadership, Rouge had only said he had intended for Aster to follow and wouldn't be mental enough to involve normal students in. Or perhaps Davin was just annoyed at not being able to help, so Rouge snuck in a remark about Aster not being able to lift a pebble with magic. 

Rouge tried to focus on what the girl in front of him was saying but he yawned again, his eyes looking at something past Syra's shoulder. 

"Cute. Cuddly. Fluffy." Rouge chanted, closing his eyes. Syra looked confused and asked. "Who?" Rouge dramatically opened his and pointed at Syra like Edogawa Conan. "You. You have no proof." Rouge said. He turned to everyone and winked. Loki was way to eager to help.

"Ah yes. Syra, be careful when going around the forest, you might break, say, a wrist or something." Johannes quipped.

"Let's go back then." Rouge said, following the lead. He stepped close to Misaki. 

"Sorry for that. Komari wouldn't forgive him at all. Can you apologize to her for me? She won't talk to me for weeks and it's hard to find her when she's avoiding me." Rouge confided. 

Misaki felt that he was sincere, but his always smiling expression kept him a mystery. All people had masks and poker faces. Rouge always seemed to say what was on his mind without offense, and that's what people liked about him. 

Rouge was honest, and he knew Komari was as useful as Aster. But timing was important. He couldn't let anything happen to Komari beforehand.

They ran into Ms. Seeker on the way out. Ruth was the only teacher on campus, but in light of what was happening, she had contacted the Student Council. 

"Where are the teachers?" Rouge asked. "They've been called by other institutes. It seems like the attack on Gretchen High wasn't expected. Besides, we have Kavin and me." Ruth said. 

"Teach, we in time?" A boy and a girl wearing the same sash Rouge was wearing ran up to them. Davin's eyes widened as he recognized the boy.

"President!" Rouge, Johannes and Syra stood straight. The student council president simply waved his hand at them. He was about to address Ruth Seeker again but stopped when he looked at song.

"Davin?" The president spoke.

(Haha sorry for stealing all the action, but IRL has limited time for the whole plot. ^__^ so for newbies I think I created enough instances for you guys to write on. And I want everyone to give a single NPCs a try so I brought in the SC members. Go for it Ren-senpai! :P )

"That's a nice idea!" Aster exclaimed. "Oh by the way Mimori, the key point to that spell is keep your mana focused around you. It's an A-Rank spell, but variations can exist." He proceed to crouch down and waited for a while. Suddenly, he thrust his fist forward at shoulder length, but Misaki looked at the ground where there were two slanted lines in the soil. 

They started from behind Aster but the gap between them lessened as the reach the area under his hand where the would have met. They didn't join, but Aster connected the anyway, creating a curved V shape. 

"I see. But did you really have to taunt the spirit?" Misaki asked.

"It was a fire spirit. Spirits are intelligent, and they can understand us. Depending on the element they have emotions. I remember that fire is anger while water is calmness." Aster explained. "Were you worried? I get carried away sometimes." 

"I was worried you were recklessly going to hurt someone," she said. "After all, what if something went wrong? It could have made the situation a lot more worse. We don't need to add to the body count."

She let out a sigh. "Look, just..." she paused. "Be more careful, alright?"

"Let's go back then," she heard Rouge say. Guess we're leaving.

She quickly walked over to the others to catch up. After walking for a minute or two, Rouge stepped close to Misaki. 

"Sorry for that. Komari wouldn't forgive him at all. Can you apologize to her for me? She won't talk to me for weeks and it's hard to find her when she's avoiding me," he confided. 

He seemed sincere about it, so she replied, "I'll see what I can do."

It was good to keep busy. Anything to keep her mind off of things. But while she couldn't avoid forever, it didn't mean she couldn't try. I still have to call Sakila's family though....

It was best to take care of things in the present. "Do you mind if I head back to the dorms?" she asked Rouge. "It's been a long day and I need to take care of some business regarding Sakila..."

He paused before saying, "Fine. Have a good night Misaki."

The girl gave a quick smile before running towards the dorms, just avoiding meeting Ms. Seeker she saw as she looked back. It didn't take her long to reach her room, and as soon as she made it inside she flopped onto her bed. Misaki allowed herself a second to decompress and to get her thoughts together before reaching for her phone and dialing a very familiar phone number.

"H-Hello?"

The voice was shaking, obviously from crying. She gulped before replying, "It's Misaki."

"Of course I won't forgive him! He called me filth!"

Syra's voice rang through the corridor as she was being asked to forgive Devin. She flailed her wrists, silently thanking the girl earlier for healing it. "No human deserves to be called filth! I'm telling Ms. Seeker."

She marched off and a while later, she met up with Ms. Seeker. "Ms. Seeker, you will not believe what happened!"

"Where are the teachers?" asked Rouge behind her.

"They've been called by other institutes. It seems like the attack on Gretchen High wasn't expected. Besides, we have Kavin and me."

Then, two students marched in. They had the same tunic as Rouge. "Teach, we in time?"

The Student Council President!

Syra straightened herback.. The President was one of those very few who were nice to her and understood her, so she paid him back with respect.

"President!"

He waved at them and suddenly looked at Devin. "Devin?"

"Oh great, that creep knows the Student Council President. Now he'll get all scoot-free," Syra thought.

"May I be excused?" she asked to the group of students. They nodded and Syra wenr over to Ms. Seeker.

"Ms. Seeker, can you make a permission slip for me? I need to research, but the book needs a teacher's permission," she whispered.

Ms. Seeker took out a pen amd began writing. "What are you going to research about?" she asked.

"Ein. And his family."

((Trying to wait for sempai to post, but I'm getting antsy xP So I'll respond to some older posts i guess... And Stein sounds like a worthy opponent **))

Garnet looked down at the pins in her jeans, then back at Aster, whose eyes were oddly bright. "Uh, yeah, guess we could use a sewing kit..." 

She stayed quiet as the Council President appeared, following the others in the walk back to the grounds. Suppressing a chuckle at Johannes' sudden turn to respectful silence, she glanced at Devin, who'd been relatively still and quiet for since the spirit's defeat and Johannes' prank. Dropping her grudge, she cracked her fingers and poked him hard on the forehead. "Hey, you okay? They wanna know why ya were so rough with Syra. An' now she seems ta hate ya fer callin' 'er filth, so ya got another enemy... Are ya that sheltered from people?" Garnet crossed her arms and frowned at the boy, adding, "If ya want a clean record, ya better speak up."

[[Thanks (?) AL. Let's see what I can do with this. XD I'm not good at coming up with NPCs. I hope I didn't take too much liberties. And I apologize in advance if I ruined the correct timeline. ]]

Devin was feeling a slight tinge of regret, maybe guilt even with a long stretch, as he watched Misaki treat Syra's broken wrist. He knew that it wasn't intentional. Hell, as much as he would never admit it, it was the exact opposite. Something spurred him to drag Syra away from the path of oncoming danger sloppily. He couldn't decide if that was a positive or a negative just yet. Garnet's 'pointers' about he should have properly pulled Komari away filled his ears then. And he was planning on giving her a cordial handshake for passing his standards too. Devin leered at the girl, his eyebrows almost coming in contact with each other.

"So you're young Mister Song, huh? I heard you were into Earth style magic too~" The unfamiliar voice snapped the focus he was pouring into sharing a ravenous glare he held with Garnet, making all the other sounds surrounding him hush down to a dull hum. He tried to pinpoint who it belonged to. It had a distinctive quality to it, almost characteristic in a way. Without any success of matching it with anyone he knew, he turned to face the stranger with the default fleeting contempt in his eyes. Upon meeting the other's eyes however, the look gradually dissolved to visual apprehension. Devin "In mere fractions of a minute, you've succeeded in making me feel discomforted. That's quite a feat. Please never talk to me again." He backed away a few steps, finally peeling his gaze away from the man's glinting red eyes. He tried to keep his poise undisturbed as he shifted his attention to the redhead who was actually finally stepping up to the plate of being a vice president. Devin wasn't too sold on it yet, though. He still found his conduct dubious and he wasn't about to explain himself to someone he didn't have a shred of respect for.

"It would help your credibility as Vice President to pronounce the names of the students you preside over correctly. It's Devin, not Davin. And I'd rather disclose what happened to someone with tangible authority." Devin made a mockery of a smile and presented it to Rouge in an express delivery courtesy of his perpetually dour personality. He was starting to walk away but before he could make sense of what just happened, the front of his shirt was in contact with the ground. Needless to say, he was not amused. At all. He decided against babbling away upon finding out that Johannes was to blame, opting to continue glaring at no one in particular. There wasn't much choice for him to do but return with the other students. He was in dire need of a perfume 're-spray' anyway. 

"Of course I won't forgive him! He called me filth!" Devin scoffed, or at least forced himself to. He was still teetering on the edge of being guilty. "No human deserves to be called filth! I'm telling Ms. Seeker." The boy felt a lump form on his throat. Technically, Seeker was a teacher. That meant technically, he should be submissive to her. He exhaled as he worked up the shamelessness to apologize. "Alright. I erm... apologize. Filth was a harsh name to identify you with. Grade D, untilled soil would have sufficed. There. I've... elevated you." But Syra was already gone. Devin balled his fists and let his rage ebb away through the gentle vibrations he was emitting through the ground. It wasn't long until they all caught up to the girl, save for Misaki who took her leave early. After a short-lived exchange between Rouge and Ruth, a pair of students who were donning the same sash as Rouge came up to the group. Devin's eyes widened as he finished taking a good look at the president's face. 'Widened his eyes' was a huge understatement. His eyeballs were a hair away from bulging out of their sockets. 

"Devin?" The president spoke. 

"Father's not going to be pleased." Devin turned around with the statement hanging, walking away before giving the president a chance to respond.

The president turned to Rouge, tapping his nose and biting his lower lip. He always did it when he was contemplating about something. "Rouge... that boy is a new student, isn't he?" He was lost in thought for a few seconds more before seemingly returning to his senses. "What am I asking? I'm sorry. We have more pressing matters to discuss. Have you discovered anything new of relevance, Rouge? The ball has given me visions again... And it's safe to assume that there's going to be an event that would go down in Gretchen's history books." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Jin Kim

Hair: Cut in a sloppy bowl shape that's been likened to a mushroom one too many times. Has a warm honey blonde color peppered with streaks of gray due to strenuous brain activity. Unkempt but oddly doesn't come off as messy to most. 

Eyes: Narrow and squinted, giving off the impression that they're closed. The corners of his eyes are slightly turned upwards, making him look like he's always smiling with them. The pupils are black in color. 

Other Appearance details: 5'10", overall has notably tiny features except for his eyebrows which are thick and bushy. Has clear skin. Has an unimpressive-looking miniature crystal ball hung around his neck in a thin silver chain that gives him erratic and choppy visions of the near future, though they're always negative. Wears a white dress shirt buttoned up to the collar, a plain black necktie, white slacks, black dress shoes and a black beret. Dislikes dressing up fancily. Has a rather large burn mark on his right forearm.

Personality: Largely unassuming and humble, no one would ever guess that he's the student council president at first glance. On the same vein, that's mostly the reason why he got elected in the first place. He's polite, a bit of a clumsy klutz, sweet and genuinely never has a bad thing to say about anyone. Could be a bit too giving and submissive at times, which makes him easy to get taken advantage of. Not the typical leader type but would risk everything for the betterment of the institution. However, he has a strong sense of work ethic, responsible despite his tendency to trip over nothing and arguably has the most extensive knowledge of general magic in the entire school. A proven technical genius, he has a good head on his shoulders when it comes to calling the shots and making decisions. He cracks horrible puns and his general sense of humor isn't funny at all.

Abilities: Air is his main element, and he could manipulate it to be able to soar in mid-air and treat the projection of energy as makeshift wings. He has a good grasp on the other elements as well, barring fire which he vowed never to wield again after causing an incident that almost took his life. Has an artifact that could make him see snippets of what's gonna come. Could summon flocks of birds to be used as extra assistance is times of crisis.

(LOL, typo Devin. Besides, it's wasn't the vice president who said it so I guess we could both use glasses. :P

"President, at about a quarter past six a spirit moved arrived. I'm sure you've seen the broken watchtower. The spirit has been transported to the headmaster who I think can take care of it." Rouge said.

"And how did you manage that?" The president asked. Rouge looked around but Aster, Garnet and Misaki were gone. 

"Aster Lawrence helped." Rouge said nonchalantly. The president seemed to recognize the name and just nodded, much to the confusion of the rest of the people present. 

"He's apprentice to the person who wrote the award-winning thesis on potions last year." Jin revealed. "Also, what was Devin doing here?"

"He's a student here." Jin seemed to shiver a bit. "I hope you didn't take the liberty of teaching him a lesson, Scarlet." "Why would I do that?" Noticing the boredom in Rouge's voice, Jin relaxed. 

"Alright, get yourself freshened up. My ball tells me this night is not over yet." Jin said. Rouge nodded and walked away. On the way to the dorm he met Garnet who had a sewing kit in her hand. She repeatedly tossed and caught the small box in her hand.

"Do you know where Aster went?" Rouge asked. "Dunno. He gave me this and ran out somewhere in a hurry." Rouge didn't bother replying as he teleported to the front of his room's door and opened it. It was empty. 

Taking out a black full sleeved shirt and pants, he headed towards the bathroom.

=====

Aster frowned, a plastic bag containing various candies dangling from his hand. His right hand was in mid-air, unable to knock at Misaki's door. Granted he had broken in the girls dorm, the faint sobbing he heard on the other side prevented him. When he couldn't hear the sound anymore, he plucked the courage and knocked. 

It was opened moments later by Misaki, whose stoic expression turned into surprise. 

"Hi. Can you come out?" he asked. Misaki held up a finger to tell him to wait a moment. She came out with her shoes on and closed the door. 

"Yes?" she asked. Aster sighed. He then held the sweets.

"Here." he said. "Have candy."

"Thanks, I guess. Is there anything else?" Misaki asked. "Eat." Aster said. He didn't know if she would continue to just stare at the walls in her room or actually eat, so he was going to make sure she did there and then.

"Pardon?"

"I said eat. Now. In front of me."

"I'm not hungry."

"No normal person would be. Do you want to talk about it, perhaps?" Aster asked. He proceeded to sit on the floor, his back against the wall next to the door. Misaki looked at him strangely when he patted his hand on the floor next to him but quietly sat down anyway.

"Have you ever had Twix?" Aster said. Misaki was responding to him at least, so he kept the conversation going.

"Yeah...."

"Was it good?"

"It was fine."

"I didn't know what you liked, so I got all the different variety I could see in the cafeteria." Aster said. Misaki silently began to rummage through the stash Aster had brought, searching for something she would like to eat. Aster let out a sigh of relief.

"Also, about what you said before, I've been practicing magic since I could walk so you don't have to worry about the spells I use. Wind affinity flows along with my blood, plus it's very easy to cancel, compared to other magic. What kind of magic do you like using?" Aster asked.

=====

Rouge lay in bed, thinking when Aster would come back. A while ago he had received a very peculiar text message asking him about his fight with the spirit. Perhaps a student could have figured out what was going on, but why ask Rouge? if it was something to be told to the students it would be done timely, which is why no one asked him at least.

At once he sat up, quickly dialing the president's number.

"Hello?" Jin picked up.

"Is Kavin next you?" 

"Your intuition is correct as always." Chills' familiar voice said. "How long has it been since the headmaster contacted you?" Rouge asked. "I spoke to him last three hours ago." Kavin said, taking the phone from Jin. "What do you want?"

"Contact him immediately. If you can't get through, I believe you know what to do." Rouge said. Kavin disconnected without a word and tossed the phone to its owner. A few minutes later he came back.

"Contact IUPAM. We've got a crisis on our hands." Jin heard him call out after a few minutes. International Union of Pure and Applied Magic. Jin readily dialed their secret emergency hotline, but the signal didn't go through.

"It's not connecting!" Jin said. Kavin acted quickly, heading for Ruth Seeker. Had Stein arrived already?

Garnet sighed and tossed the sewing kit she'd been handed into the air, tapping her foot each time she caught it. An unhappy-looking Rouge approached. "Do you know where Aster went?" he asked. Garn caught the kit one last time and gave a shrug. "Dunno. He gave me this and ran out somewhere in a hurry," she answered, watching him disappear with a frown. She wondered how those two knew each other, and gave up trying to figure out the map of student-relations, shuffling back to her still-empty dorm. Guess I don't 'ave a roommate, then... Heaving a slow sigh, she flopped on her bed and tugged the safety pins out of her jeans, folding them up and tossing them in the small washing machine along with her blood-stained shirt. Her green scarf was left on the pillow of her still-made bed as she showered the dirt and blood from her hair and skin. Half an hour later, feeling refreshed and less exhausted, Garnet switched her clean clothes to the dryer and threw on a red tanktop and shorts in place of her towel. Retying the emerald green scarf around her neck, she grabbed a bag of potato chips from her backpack, heading out to the darkened training hall. 

There wasn't a soul around when Garnet arrived at the expansive hall of practice rooms, and she had to try five doors before finding an open one in the form of a lightning chamber. She was disappointed that it was an element in which she was practiced, but decided to give it a go anyway. Unsure of how the facility worked, the orange-haired student dropped all thoughts of the day's events and her past, instead focusing on summoning her mana and mustering as much lightning as she could. After two minutes of silent focus, a crackling ball of light appeared near the wall, sending out sharp jolts of energy in every direction. Raising a hand, Garnet fixed her yellow eyes on the human-sized mass of lightning and mana, willing it to scatter. Within seconds the room was bathed in blinding yellow light that singed the walls and blackened the ceiling. 

Finding herself sitting on the floor of the ruined chamber, Garnet blinked and coughed, studying the remnants of the spell. "That was more effective than usual..." She wondered if there was something in the hall that heightened mana's power, or if it was just the level of focus that she'd been unable to utilize in her past fights. Either way, maybe I c'n try water now... 

"1 to the 7-3. 2 to the 0-5-0. 8 to the 0-7-5-7. And there." Stein lifted his finger from the black magic circle he drew on the floor. He dusted his hands, then rubbed them together. He slammed a single hand onto the circle he drew. The ground shook, and the circle on the floor opened to a yawning black vortex. Stein stepped backwards and several Spirits in the room flew into the vortex. Every time a Spirit fell into the vortex, the vortex sparked and hissed.

"These students are formidable, almost worthy to become factored. This error must be accounted for. The source of the error lies within the Spirits themselves. Weak, only powerful in large numbers." He paused and turned towards the door, seeing no one there. "The Spirits must be factored and expanded, first outside inside last. A new breed of Spirit." Right after Stein finished, the vortex calmed and stopped sparking. The vortex began to spin, more quickly and quickly, and became smaller until it was a small hole in the floor. Then, the room grew cold, and the vortex exploded. From the vortex, several large amorphous black-colored Spirits flew out.

Stein smirked. "These new Spirits, the Forbidden Spirits. Brought forth from the irrational fusion of many Spirits. Their battle capacity is at least 21x greater than the others." He gestured to the Spirits to move throughout the school. "Now, Spirits, heed this command. Take this school to the ground!" The Spirits began to rumble, then darted in different directions, leaving holes in the walls.

Stein turned to the person in the hallway. "Now, I must deal with this little yoctogram here." He held out his hand and blue energy formed at his fingertips.

======================================

Forbidden Spirits

Artifical Spirits created by Stein. They are created by merging several Spirits together in a mysterious form of fusion. The fusion corrupts the Spirits and their mana, causing these new Forbidden Spirits to be excessively violent. The corrupted Spirits have no sense of mind, and seek only to destroy everything in their path. Instead of draining their victim's mana, these Spirits beat their victims in.

The corruption these Spirits have undergone also have solidifed their essence, making them more physical in nature. Therefore, they do not leak mana into the air, but they are affected by both physical attacks and magic.

However, Forbidden Spirits can take excessive amounts of punishment. They also take no damage at all from mono-element spells; a fireball or a bolt of lightning individually will simply bounce off. Only combination attacks with different elements will inflict damage. The more elements combined, the more powerful the attack.

The special circle used to create Forbidden Spirits is knowledge privvy only to angels. However, the angels do not accept the usage of this information, calling it taboo. Therefore, Angels call these Spirits Taboo Spirits.

Unforunately, Stein was always a free spirit...and it's not like Angels have power over others.

(i WILL SPAM YOUR PROFILE REN-KUN *laughs crazily*)

Syra rolled her eyes. She had been scrolling through ten books already and found nothing. Sighing, she picked up the last book, Prophecies. She began to flip through the pages

The ominous Revelations by Ein had been the source of much controversy in the magical world.Here, we aim to decode this puzzle.

Chapter 1- Who?

According to contributors to the Oracles, the dreaded Walpurgisnacht will be brought about by an angel named Stein.

Huh, Mom and Dad were wrong... thought Syra.

He will unleash his power and spread terror in the world with his Spirits.

So he's the Ringmaster?  she thought.

But they all serve one Ringmaster: Gaia, the Earth Mother.

She looked at that page with shock. She had always been a fan of Rick Riordan's books back in the non-magical world, but the Gaia business had been true!

But these Spirits are not ordinary. In fact, no one knows what kind of Spirits he will unleash.

Huh...

She continued reading.

Unaware of the ominous plan that involved her, and all of Gretchen High, as puppets.

(If those Spirits are hurt by many elements, guess we need collaboration, eh? I just inserted that last part for plot-deepening purposes. Do with that whatever you want! :D)