Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
TheGunner

DC Opening Multilanguage

I recently watch the wiki and I see that they added the opening lyrics for the english dub, but I've been thinking. Should we add the lyrics for the other languages, (Spanish, Hindi, Italian etc... )

That's because so far only these following parameters can be used when you choose to use the template:

{{Lyrics 
| japanese              =    (Optional) Japanese lyrics 
| japanese-citation     =    (Optional) Citation to the Japanese lyrics 
| romaji                =    (Optional) Romaji lyrics 
| romaji-citation       =    (Optional) Citation to the Romaji lyrics 
| english               =    (Optional) English Lyrics 
| english-citation      =    (Optional) Citation to the English lyrics 
| english-dub           =    (Optional) FUNimation English Lyrics 
| english-dub-citation  =    (Optional) Citation to the FUNimation English Lyrics 
| kanji                 =    (Obsolete) Same as japanese 
| kanji-citation        =    (Obsolete) Same as japanese-citation}}

Therefore if you add something other than those above, it won't show because it's not encoded to the template. The only way to include other languages is to add them into the template itself. However, the question here is that should we do it ?

While adding a few more parameters is not technically impossible (and I think that even I can do that), but I'm sure that the "tabs" and "tab" extensions that Maurice wrote for the wiki (which were used to display different languages of the lyrics by creating separate tabs) do have some kind of limitation. It's natural that we have the English translation for the lyrics because this is a English wiki. However, when you add another language (be it Korean, German, or Arabic...) to the template, people from other countries would naturally think that it's unfair and start adding their own too. But because of the limitations, I don't think we can include that many tabs for every language.

However, when you add another language (be it Korean, German, or Arabic...) to the template, people from other countries would naturally think that it's unfair and start adding their own too.

I agree that this is a valid point. But I think we could display the most common languages only, should technical limit be present. How we determine what a common language is may be up for debate, though.