Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
tengaku squared

Magical Chemical Labratory

This isn't exactly the best place to put the topic, but I don't know a better place to put it than Stories.
I've been in a poem mood. Surprised? Anyways, this topic is going to hold some of my short works. Not much else to say here. Enjoy, perhaps?

Stars are Sure Bright Tonight:

Stars are sure bright tonight
They shine awful bright light
On the yard I own
And the plow I work.

Untitled:

The woman stops at the gravestone
She puts a flower on the grave
Then sits down and cries for her loss
While two boys play cops and robbers

Never Be Repetitive:

Whatever, whatever you do

Never be repetitive

Never be repetitive 

Oh, did I mention: 

Never be repetitive?

Life is a rocket wheel, coasting the shore 

Life is a conception of the fanatical fringe 

Do what you want to 

Or don’t do what you don’t want to 

Because this is your life 

Life is yours

But remember

Never be repetitive.

Confusion:

I think, therefore I am confused 

All this talk leaves me quite confused 

I think that everyone is confused

Let us all be confused

• Upvote 1

Stars are Sure Bright Tonight:

[stars are sure bright tonight

They shine awful bright light

On the yard I own

And the plow I work.]

So what does the poet actually say in this poem? or he just describes the stars while he works for some unknown reason at night time instead of day, plowing his yard? X_X

So what does the poet actually say in this poem? or he just describes the stars while he works for some unknown reason at night time instead of day, plowing his yard? X_X

I wasn't actually saying anything in this one. But if you found a message of some sort, then sure, go with it.

I wasn't actually saying anything in this one. But if you found a message of some sort, then sure, go with it.

The stated stanza is an Extract from the the poem "Stars are Sure Bright Tonight" which has been skillfully composed by the poet Sir Mark 'Shi'. The poet describes a sight of stars he witnessed on a clear, moonless night while he worked hard.

Stars are a natural beauty of this universe. One can wonder why the sky still remains dark and does not light up with the magnificence of stars. Stars are stationary bodies which gives off light and are located at great distances from earth, but it's an unaccountable gift that not all stars are out of the reach of the human eyes. The poet describes that the stars shine awful bright light. Man has always taken many things for granted, and not all can truly understand the meaning behind saying that the moon is beautiful yet here lies a message contained in the next lines, which are:

On the yard I own

And the plow I work

The poet states that he's working on the yard he owns. He understands that he must work on his own to succeed, a reality many know but do not act upon. He works at night while many people sleep ignorant of the unsung labour of such people. It's human nature to want to be ahead, but the poet strives for self satisfaction. As he rests for a moment, he see the stars, shining beautifully. He little thinks what wealth he's being shown and resumes to work.

If we notice, the poet's message is plain: Hard work is the key to success, but the main aim of any achievement is that should be obtained by honest means only. Some things might try to impede our progress, but we might as well witness some truly great moments, such as the shining stars on the nights the poet works.

..........................*facepalms*

If we notice, the poet's message is plain: Hard work is the key to success, but the main aim of any achievement is that should be obtained by honest means only

HALT!

I cannot allow you to say that!

Oh, it pains my soul just reading those words! Never ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER say something like the "message is plain"-- it's HORRIFYING!

The beauty of poetry comes from the fact that everyone is free to interpret in their own way. Your interpretation of it: " Hard work is the key to success, but the main aim of any achievement is that should be obtained by honest means only" can be different from everyone else's. Poetry is never "plain" because there will always be a million and one possibilities. 

(I am too lazy to interpret it for myself at this moment.)

Ah, heck with it:

Another theme could be mockery. The first two lines are spoken in a much more familiar tone. You would expect a friend of yours (or maybe a stereotypical overall-clad, straw-chewing farmhand) to talk like this. It's easygoing and natural.

But then he decides to say, "On the yard I own. And the plow I work."

Why is this so distant? Why does it sound so reflective?

This is where the mockery comes in. It could be that the stars are mocking all his hard work. Their brightness is like a slap to the face, saying, "Ha ha, no matter how hard you work, you'll always be below us! You can never shine like we can!"

There. Another interpretation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In conclusion, poetic messages are never plain.

And if I may offer some words regarding the actual topic... *ahem*.....

After rereading both pieces, I notice that both start off with a familial tone. 

There's never a WRONG tone in poetry, but usually you don't shove two tones together.

Now, I'm not sure if you did this on purpose in order to portray something, but I just wanted to point it out.

Oh wow, so my school books always lie! I knew Wordsworth was anything beyond plain. Wait so how am I even supposed to get marks if there are a million and one interpretations of a single poem? and when I say plain, I actually mean it in the light of the evidence derived before. That's paraphrasing, or if you understand, "Qaseday bandhna" it means that you bring attention to what you interpret from the poem and give a proper conclusion for that only.

Oh wow, so my school books always lie! I knew Wordsworth was anything beyond plain. Wait so how am I even supposed to get marks if there are a million and one interpretations of a single poem? and when I say plain, I actually mean it in the light of the evidence derived before. That's paraphrasing, or if you understand, "Qaseday bandhna" it means that you bring attention to what you interpret from the poem and give a proper conclusion for that only.

If your teachers are saying your interpretation of a poem is wrong, then I'd suggest challenging them.

IF you have proper reasons to back up your interpretation that is.

I do that for fun. I once turned a beautiful poem about love and family and fatherhood into a tale of child abuse and incest. My teacher tried to stop me in order to protect the innocent minds of my classmates, but let's just say we all learned things we weren't supposed to that day.

And if that's what you meant, I'd dub it as a bit of a misleading way of saying it.

If your teachers are saying your interpretation of a poem is wrong, then I'd suggest challenging them.

IF you have proper reasons to back up your interpretation that is.

I do that for fun. I once turned a beautiful poem about love and family and fatherhood into a tale of child abuse and incest. My teacher tried to stop me in order to protect the innocent minds of my classmates, but let's just say we all learned things we weren't supposed to that day.

And if that's what you meant, I'd dub it as a bit of a misleading way of saying it.

The teacher would think I was annoying her purpose :V like,

T: So class, in this poem, the things important for a good and happy life are-

AL: Money! if the poet had not been blessed with such a wealth, he would have wrote about poverty instead, not just wandered off like his father owned a factory of some sort. The thing is, with money you think you'll be fine without money and without money you'll think it is how the world revolves. Two such persons of different opinions would think the other nuts.

To annoy her on purpose is the whole point.

I'm guessing your school's VP isn't an ex-army officer that beats first and questions later.

I'm guessing your school's VP isn't an ex-army officer that beats first and questions later.

We're spamming, but I'd say taking a beating is for the sake of poetry is nothing~ ^^

We're spamming, but I'd say taking a beating is for the sake of poetry is nothing~ ^^

Just listen to yourself :V It's great you're so passionate and everything, but it's easier to say one can just take a beating.