Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Miss Smiles

Slices of last ending

Disclaimer: I don't own DC characters. :)

Slices of last ending - Prologue

'Mr Shinichi Kudou!' The name was called and heard vividly over open space of home. A new home. Shinichi had moved from Japan joining his parents as he couldn't agree more with his parents after his departure from Japan.

They all are turning Westernized. But it's not I'm blaming or something, I've been look forward to stay one day and know what it's like stay in America. Shinichi thought as he came in with door slammed closed behind him, his wane smile never leave his face. This is where I live, from today onwards?

He looked around his new home and sighed, idled as his eyes lazily taking in description of his home. Welcome to America. This warm thoughts introducing him to think more of his parents and friends from Japan, Heiji, Ran, best friends who stay by his side but scenario has changed. He also changed. To their eyes he was the same person however Ran speak differently with coldness, her eyes never leave him the moment he knew, deep down she won't forgive with blank look, she has on her face, he couldn't blame her. This lead him feel guilty with admonishment of harshest lesson given.

As he walked down to path he could see his bedroom, since it was right behind sofa and pathway, which is wide enough for his luggage to move through, the sound of footsteps were heard nearer, with repetitive thud.

He knew who was coming down the stairs, confirming answer in his thoughts when the silence break, 'Do you really need my help, young man, you're old enough to heave it through.'

His mother said with firmness edge in voice.

'I know, I know...' he answer.

Inpatience is his flaw but it is to his advantage.

'Just give me a break a moment,' he said before he opened the door.

Yukkiko looked with concern, her contemplating stare was last thing Shinichi want to see from her before closing It.

'I see you during dinner.'

He was off contemplating in his bedroom with silence to regard it as greeting to two person in life. One is mother, and other is Ran.

Disclaimer: I don't own DC characters :)

Chapter 1 - Unofficial announcement

It was uneventful dinner after Shinichi came out from bedroom. He straightaway return to sleep, as if there was nothing to do in past time but feeling jet lag after sitting long hours in plane.

His closed eyes had him lull as if darkness in room speak of ghosts, the memories he has locked back in his mind and brain; it is inviting. You look closer as flash of light is portal back to past.

Over the dinner Shinichi looked apologetic at his mother; his sad smile were reserved, he blinked and his face expression changed, his eyes looked down at his plate of fried rice as he aware of stares he receiving from two sides. This moment he had not looked up as he knew the atmosphere in the air is different as he was in Tokyo, now was sitting with Mouri's family. Mouri Kogoro coughed with deliberate attention, by it Shinichi looked up to catch Ran in glance before setting eyes on his uncle.

'I can forgive you as I promise not to pursue the case you solve in past.' Uncle looked with solemn stem in his voice.

'Seriously?'

Shinichi had had not a chance to pursue as Kogoro continued.

'But Ran has her opinion to forgive you or not when she believe you so easily as she's your girlfriend.'

His voice turned tight. Shinichi did not flinched and give tiny nod.

'Dad! Leave it to us to settle! Please!' Ran had hand thrown on table as it crumbled in vibration.

'Sit down. Ran...' Eri reminded her with begging stare, as it often reserved for her when knowing Ran's capability of item incapacitation.

And Ran sat back.

'I know whatever I said won't change anything as I'm guilty and charged. Of lying to her... Ran, I'm like a wolf. If you don't trust me in life I understand, you did so much to help me when I'm a child and forever grateful. I'll remember it as good deed.' Shinichi's voice turned surprising soft when he address her.

'What are you leading to? Shinichi, are you planning something that I should know?'

Shinichi took a moment to take a spoon of fried rice before replying back, 'No, in past I've keep this feeling when I was alone with my friends.'

'You're right about it. If it isn't for me, I can't imagine what will happen to you. During first few nights I have nightmares thinking did something happen to my boyfriend, is he dead, or injured... Truth to be told, if I know you from start either, or, with suspicions, I rather thinking to solve you after taking you in.' Her words started to break. He took this opportunity to voice his thought.

'My words are nothing more, can't be compared with yours. It's the truth.' She stared at him like she watched with unreadable look.

'I'm guessing you want to leaving, oh gosh, do- do you really want to leave here?' Her face suddenly turned guiltstricken as if her words hurt herself.

'Yeah, I'm planning to go to America.'

Those words had settled in into awkward moment of silence, Mouri family stared in shock. This final unofficial announcement had him remember his last dinner with them, eating his last favorite bowl of fried rice in Tokyo, only Kogoro clear his voice again, breaking ice.

The taste has linger in his bud of tongue, it's memory were remaining in Tokyo and even in his sleep, from Tokyo to Washington.