Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Your Favorite Female Character!

Your Favorite Female Character!  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these characters are your favorites?

2. 2. More characters

• Someone on another list
    • Koizumi Akako

I love them all so much, so instead of picking all of them, I picked Ran because I think that I might like her a teensy bit more than any other girl...maybe. Depending on the day.

Why do I love Ran?

• She's sensitive.
  • She's kick-ass.
  • She's gentle.
  • She's sweet.
  • She's patient.
  • She's kind.
  • She's not a damsel in distress (usually.)

I love them all so much, so instead of picking all of them, I picked Ran because I think that I might like her a teensy bit more than any other girl...maybe. Depending on the day.

Why do I love Ran?

• She's sensitive.
  • She's kick-ass.
  • She's gentle.
  • She's sweet.
  • She's patient.
  • She's kind.
  • She's not a damsel in distress (usually.)

are you a guy? (just askin cuz usually girls and guys have different opinions... i mean, we girls can get very agitated with that sort of girl cuz they like ALWAYS get the guy...and sometimes i feel bad for the one who has had it worse and really deserves him more.... or the one with the darker personality... like ai/shiho ^-^)

Is she sensitive? i thought she threatens to hit shinichi whenever he comes back...

Ok, i can agree, she is a little kick-ass...

is she gentle? she threatens to hurt shinichi and she's a karate person.. is that gentle?!?

Sweet? come on, it's the same answer as gentle and sensitive...

Patient? Ok, she is patient in waiting for shinichi, but as soon as he comes back she can't wait anymore.

Kind? isnt that the same as gentle?

Damsel... YES SHE IS. think bout it,she is always screaming, and someone is always running to her rescue... its like she can't do anything for herself...

ok i know most are negatives... but i'm not sure i like Ran... yes some of the ones i put negatives down for are true, but that's to most characters, except shinichi or her karate opponent -.-

Nice one TTW ^_^

thnx! ^-^

oh yeah ... where were you yesterday? i was on literally ALL DAY and i was so freakin bored!

nobody was really online... and i wanted to talk to someone while i was cleaning my room and such... i even posted 9 chapters!

Yesterday? I was online and all... wait... owww yeah! I slept from 10 to 5(which is morning for you) and went to school from 5 to 2 and was busy with my homework till now

aww... >.< i was so bored! but today in an hour or two i should start my hw before my partners come over to work on a project with me... we have to sing -.-

Wooo... coool... And I'll start discussing wit my fellow prefects on how we should perform and organise the teacher's day celebration... BTW, Let's get back on topic

are you a guy? (just askin cuz usually girls and guys have different opinions... i mean, we girls can get very agitated with that sort of girl cuz they like ALWAYS get the guy...and sometimes i feel bad for the one who has had it worse and really deserves him more.... or the one with the darker personality... like ai/shiho ^-^)

First of all, no I am not a guy. You don't have to be a guy to like characters like Ran. Personally, I don't get agitated by characters like Ran. And what "sort of girl" is Ran? And why does she not "deserve" a guy? I like both Ran and Ai/Shiho. I think both Ran and Ai have equal right to find that someone that they want to be with. Sure, Ai has had it bad, but I think that partly her own doing. She did decide after all to join the Black Organization to begin with (Ignore this striked out part. Thanks HalfAngel for correcting me) Ran's also been in many tough situations. Consider her mother getting shot and her parents getting a divorce and living separately. Sure, perhaps it wasn't quite as "dark" as Ai, but I'm just saying that Ran has problems too. And why does Ai really deserve someone more? I don't think people really "deserve" other people. Relationships need to be built as well, not soley earned. And hasn't Ran been waiting a long time for Shinichi to return? I think that merits some consideration.

Is she sensitive? i thought she threatens to hit shinichi whenever he comes back...

In this case, I meant sensitive in that she is more aware of other people's feelings. I have no idea what her "threatening to hit Shinichi" when he returns is relevant to her being sensitive. And apparently, you're one of the few people who don't understand that it's a joke because when has she ever really hit Shinichi when he came back?

is she gentle? she threatens to hurt shinichi and she's a karate person.. is that gentle?!?

Have you ever seen how she treats Conan? She is always very careful with him and taking care of him. I would say that is gentle. Just because someone knows karate doesn't mean they're not gentle.

Sweet? come on, it's the same answer as gentle and sensitive...

I'm pretty sure she's sacrificed her safety for that of someone else many times. Like that time in Countdown to Heaven when she jumps to save both Conan and herself? And she has a genuinely friendly personality. Sure, she may threaten to hurt Shinichi from time to time, but I think it is an example of how these two show that they care for one another. But it's not like she threatens to hit everyone that she sees.

Patient? Ok, she is patient in waiting for shinichi, but as soon as he comes back she can't wait anymore.

Um...that was a redundant sentence. When Shinichi comes back, she is essentially, NOT WAITING ANYMORE. And another example of her being patient is her attitude towards her father. She looks after him and tolerates his weird habits and quirks.

Kind? isnt that the same as gentle?

Not necessarily. I'd say more kindness is a quality of someone who is gentle. She goes out of her way to help people. That doesn't necessarily make her gentle. Gentle would be more how you treat someone whereas kindness is more what you do for someone else. Have you ever considered how many times she's helped the little ones with their problems? But, according to you, gentle and kindness are the same. I guess you think that she isn't kind but I imagine that in that context, it's hard to find anyone that is kind. Particularly, if they know martial arts.

Damsel... YES SHE IS. think bout it,she is always screaming, and someone is always running to her rescue... its like she can't do anything for herself...

Not all the time. I've seen her take down many a bad guy with her karate moves. I'm pretty sure she can do things for herself. And like I've said before, she has sacrificed herself for the safety of others before.

ok i know most are negatives... but i'm not sure i like Ran... yes some of the ones i put negatives down for are true, but that's to most characters, except shinichi or her karate opponent -.-

I'm pretty sure you don't like Ran. But everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. I'm not sure what gave you the urge to go and tear apart my little post because as I said, "to each their own". Just because you dislike Ran, doesn't mean that everyone else does as well. Also, your opinion of Ran seems purely based on her statement "I'm going to hurt Shinichi when he comes back" and her ability to do karate. Perhaps you should try re-watching a couple episodes with a more open mind and that will help you to appreciate her more.

Just my two cents worth.

dripdrop, I completely agree with you. :D

Only, she was born into the organisation so she didn't exactly have the choice of 'joining' or not.

Thank you very much HalfAngel!

And thank you so much for correcting me. I'll cross that out. Haha.

First of all, no I am not a guy. You don't have to be a guy to like characters like Ran. Personally, I don't get agitated by characters like Ran. And what "sort of girl" is Ran? And why does she not "deserve" a guy? I like both Ran and Ai/Shiho. I think both Ran and Ai have equal right to find that someone that they want to be with. Sure, Ai has had it bad, but I think that partly her own doing. She did decide after all to join the Black Organization to begin with (Ignore this striked out part. Thanks HalfAngel for correcting me) Ran's also been in many tough situations. Consider her mother getting shot and her parents getting a divorce and living separately. Sure, perhaps it wasn't quite as "dark" as Ai, but I'm just saying that Ran has problems too. And why does Ai really deserve someone more? I don't think people really "deserve" other people. Relationships need to be built as well, not soley earned. And hasn't Ran been waiting a long time for Shinichi to return? I think that merits some consideration

dripdrop, your fun ^-^ just saying, i like to be able to fight to make my point, sometimes its hard to find ppl, usually i'm only talkin to shuu cuz we would be the only ones talkin in some forums :P

anyways, ok so yes, 'deserve' a guy might be going a bit far, don't forget tho that her mother being shot is not an actuall part of the series since it was a movie.... ok yes, she has been waiting for shinichi for a long time, but i also think that someone shouldn't wait that long... at least not in this situation... (i don't mean the shrinking situation)... i mean, she doesn't seem to trust him enough, at least that's what i feel like... she's always worrying that maybe he HAS found another girl... nd i know that its a joke that she'll hit him (from those other parts of the quote section you did) but sometimes... i think that it's a bit too much, i mean i may joke around nd lightly punch playfully and they'll understand... but the way ran does it... it looks more like a threat than anything else to me...

ok, now it's time for Ai's part ^-^ (my fav part)

ok so, 'deserving' a guy isn't really the right word, but sometimes, even though i'm a writer, i suck at finding the right words! i'm human too (i think)! now Ai on the otherhand, her parents and sister dying ACTUALLY happened in the series, and she may not have been waiting for shinichi, but i think that IF she really does like him, she DOESNT try anything or show it because she ruined his life and wants to bring his life back to normal, even if that means giving him back to ran... she's willing to sacrifice herself for him...and ai trusts him A LOT. no matter how hard things get, she always trusts him to pull her out of it, i don't mean to make her sound dependent, she's not. but she knows she can trust him. (on the otherhand tho, doesn't look like conan trusts her :( he thought she would run away...) and ai... for the joking thing, she jokes a bit differently... i wonder if she's joking tho...she's said things like in one of the earler cases where she was talking about her age... she said something along the lines of 'I'm 18, just perfect for you' (that was one translation i've read, or 'I'm 18, just a year older than you' but i'm not sure which one i like, so i'll use the first one ^-^) just saying, i can go on forevermore about ai, but if you read other sections that i've commented in, i cover the broad expansion of things about Ai/Shiho....

so, i'm glad to welcome you to the forums and become your new Ran/Ai(Shiho) debate partner! ^-^

i like you, you get one point back ^-^

dripdrop, your fun ^-^ just saying, i like to be able to fight to make my point, sometimes its hard to find ppl, usually i'm only talkin to shuu cuz we would be the only ones talkin in some forums :P

I don't understand why you feel the need to fight to your point. I've already accepted your views on the matter. I don't understand why you feel the need to pursue it further. Can't you just accept that Ran is my favourite? We should just agree to disagree.

anyways, ok so yes, 'deserve' a guy might be going a bit far, don't forget tho that her mother being shot is not an actuall part of the series since it was a movie.... ok yes, she has been waiting for shinichi for a long time, but i also think that someone shouldn't wait that long... at least not in this situation... (i don't mean the shrinking situation)... i mean, she doesn't seem to trust him enough, at least that's what i feel like... she's always worrying that maybe he HAS found another girl... nd i know that its a joke that she'll hit him (from those other parts of the quote section you did) but sometimes... i think that it's a bit too much, i mean i may joke around nd lightly punch playfully and they'll understand... but the way ran does it... it looks more like a threat than anything else to me...

I think you're taking the exaggeration of manga, because from your statement I assume that you don't feel that the anime/movie is part of the "real" story, a little too seriously. Many of the things that you see characters do in manga/anime don't necessarily occur in real life.

ok, now it's time for Ai's part ^-^ (my fav part)

ok so, 'deserving' a guy isn't really the right word, but sometimes, even though i'm a writer, i suck at finding the right words! i'm human too (i think)! now Ai on the otherhand, her parents and sister dying ACTUALLY happened in the series,

I didn't say that I did not believe that it had occurred.

and she may not have been waiting for shinichi, but i think that IF she really does like him, she DOESNT try anything or show it because she ruined his life and wants to bring his life back to normal, even if that means giving him back to ran... she's willing to sacrifice herself for him...and ai trusts him A LOT. no matter how hard things get, she always trusts him to pull her out of it, i don't mean to make her sound dependent, she's not. but she knows she can trust him.

Wouldn't this be applicable to Ran as well?

(on the otherhand tho, doesn't look like conan trusts her :( he thought she would run away...) and ai... for the joking thing, she jokes a bit differently... i wonder if she's joking tho...she's said things like in one of the earler cases where she was talking about her age... she said something along the lines of 'I'm 18, just perfect for you' (that was one translation i've read, or 'I'm 18, just a year older than you' but i'm not sure which one i like, so i'll use the first one ^-^) just saying, i can go on forevermore about ai, but if you read other sections that i've commented in, i cover the broad expansion of things about Ai/Shiho....

In my previous post, I didn't mention anything about how I didn't believe that Ai/Shiho could be with Conan/Shinichi. I didn't even say that I didn't like her. My post was purely about my affection for Ran. I don't understand why it necessary for you to continue to bring pairings in to the situation. Also, I'd say your support for the Ai/Conan relationship is purely based on speculation. There is no solid evidence.

so, i'm glad to welcome you to the forums and become your new Ran/Ai(Shiho) debate partner! ^-^

i like you, you get one point back ^-^

I wouldn't necessarily call this a debate. Clearly, you did not read my other post very carefully. I said that I believed that there was no reason for you attack my post on why I like Ran. Not the whole world. You're allowed to disagree with me, but I don't see how it is necessary to negate my every statement. Also, this isn't really a "debate" as you failed to comment on numerous points in my previous post and you also failed to acknowledge the opposing view.

This poll was made for people to say which female character was their favourite and why they were their favourite. It wasn't made for people to argue about why so-and-so is better than someone else. When you criticize and belittle someone else's feelings, it's disrespectful and rude. Perhaps this is something you should consider before you reply to another fan's post.

I don't understand why you feel the need to fight to your point. I've already accepted your views on the matter. I don't understand why you feel the need to pursue it further. Can't you just accept that Ran is my favourite? We should just agree to disagree.

I think you're taking the exaggeration of manga, because from your statement I assume that you don't feel that the anime/movie is part of the "real" story, a little too seriously. Many of the things that you see characters do in manga/anime don't necessarily occur in real life.

I didn't say that I did not believe that it had occurred.

Wouldn't this be applicable to Ran as well?

In my previous post, I didn't mention anything about how I didn't believe that Ai/Shiho could be with Conan/Shinichi. I didn't even say that I didn't like her. My post was purely about my affection for Ran. I don't understand why it necessary for you to continue to bring pairings in to the situation. Also, I'd say your support for the Ai/Conan relationship is purely based on speculation. There is no solid evidence.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a debate. Clearly, you did not read my other post very carefully. I said that I believed that there was no reason for you attack my post on why I like Ran. Not the whole world. You're allowed to disagree with me, but I don't see how it is necessary to negate my every statement. Also, this isn't really a "debate" as you failed to comment on numerous points in my previous post and you also failed to acknowledge the opposing view.

This poll was made for people to say which female character was their favourite and why they were their favourite. It wasn't made for people to argue about why so-and-so is better than someone else. When you criticize and belittle someone else's feelings, it's disrespectful and rude. Perhaps this is something you should consider before you reply to another fan's post.

no offense, but i feel as if your coming off as a jerk... i mean, i DO NOT want this taken the wrong way... i mean, i just like to be able to 'debate' with people cuz in doin so i can see things i didn't see before which might change my opinion on things, and i don't really think it's arguing, i'm just stating why she is my fav character... even if i fail to comment on numerous things, that either means i agree, i forgot, or i have nothing to say about it even if i disagree... i know ur post was purely ur liking for ran, but i mean, sometimes forums seem bland without some sort of conversation going... if we only state our fav character... its sort of a borin forum... i like to spice it up ;) so i mean, i don't really intend to contradict everything you say, but if i think of something i want to say or i'm questionin it, not necessarily calling it wrong, i will type out what i'm thinking, i don't want to come off as wrong, i just want you to understand my point of view as well........ anyways, the anime IS part of the manga and storyline... but the MOVIES AND OVA'S AND MAGIC FILES... those are all created by aoyama's apprentices (or something like that... that's what people have told me) so if that's true, than it can't be counted towards the actual storyline.. the ANIME IS part of the storyline, the manga is as well... anyways, i hope we can continue this 'debate' on a more positive note....

(Sorry if something came out wrong, even though i write, somehow i can still be at a loss for words when i'm trying to explain something that i think or is factual and not something i've 'fantasized' or thought up...)