Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Pokémon Fans, Anyone?

I only like the Manga and Games. I especially like the the Ruby one. icon_mrgreen.gif

Emerald and Platinum are my favorite games. ;D Mainly because they have more features than say Ruby or Pearl. :3 And I <3 the manga. FranticShipping (and just Ruby in general) FTW!

I'm playing an Emerald Nuzlocke. If anyone doesn't know what that is, these are the rules.

1. If a Pokemon faints, it dies. You must either release it or permanently box it.

2. You can only catch the first Pokemon that appears on each route. You can choose whether to use the duplicate clause. If you kill the Pokemon, too bad. See the Pokemon you want but it's the second one to appear? Too bad. You must kill it.

3. Nickname all Pokemon. Even the ones who sit in your box and rot.

HAVE FUN. XD

I'm actually doing really well. :3(because I grind like hell everywhere I go) 4 Badges and 0 Deaths! icon_twisted.gif

Party Pokemon (nicknames in parentheses):

Grovyle (Sei): Lv. 31, Male, Naughty Nature

Beautifly (Pei): Lv. 30, Male, Quirky

Pelipper (Bei): Lv. 31, Female, Quiet Nature

Linoone (Mei): Lv. 31, Female, Hardy Nature

Swellow (Swei): Lv. 31, Male, Bold Nature

Manectric (Rei): Lv. 31, Male, Mild Nature

If you're interested in jazzing up your Pokemon game, give the Nuzlocke a shot! Honestly, I panic every time the opponent uses an unexpected move against me. I've thought I've lost my Pokemon so many times... When Baltoy used Rock Tomb against Pei, I thought Pei was dead for sure. But I survived to wreak havoc! :D You'll learn how useful some of the trash-Pokemon can actually be if given the chance (I <3 Zigzagoons and Linoones now. My Linoone's gotten me a King's Rock, Rare Candies, Full Restores, Ultra Balls, Hyper Potions... I <3 Pick-up.) ... AKA You have to use them unless you're ultra-lucky and catch a Ralts first. :P

EDIT: I beat the game... With zero deaths... That was a bit too easy, seeing as my Pokemon aren't really the most impressive ones around.

Hall of Fame Stats:

Sceptile(Sei) Lv. 54 (Killed Wallace)

Beautifly(Pei) Lv. 54 (Killed Sidney)

Pelipper(Bei) Lv. 54 (Killed Drake)

Linoone(Mei) Lv. 54 (Killed Phoebe)

Swellow(Swei) Lv. 54 (became an unstoppable force after being burned by Phoebe... Facade+Guts=total pwnage)

Manectric(Rei) Lv. 55 (took out everyone he faced)

NO deaths? :o That's amazing. How'd you do it?

NO deaths? :o That's amazing. How'd you do it?

I grinded like hell. XD No... Seriously. All my Pokemon were Lvl. 16+ when I took on Roxanne and I used my Zigzagoon to kill her Nosepass. (AKA Plan was: Sand-Attack and Growl until Nosepass was helpless and switch into something to troll it. I forgot the thing knew Block. So... it was a stall match to see who ran out of 'Harden' or 'Tail Whip' first.) I was literally in Victory Road for about... five hours before I decided 'You know what? I'm going to go beat the heck out of the Elite Four.' (Entering Victory Road: Team is about... Level 45. Exiting... Level 55. :P I wanted no deaths!) It also helped that Mei, my Linoone, found about 10 Rare Candies through the course of the game...

I grinded like hell. XD No... Seriously. All my Pokemon were Lvl. 16+ when I took on Roxanne and I used my Zigzagoon to kill her Nosepass. (AKA Plan was: Sand-Attack and Growl until Nosepass was helpless and switch into something to troll it. I forgot the thing knew Block. So... it was a stall match to see who ran out of 'Harden' or 'Tail Whip' first.) I was literally in Victory Road for about... five hours before I decided 'You know what? I'm going to go beat the heck out of the Elite Four.' (Entering Victory Road: Team is about... Level 45. Exiting... Level 55. :P I wanted no deaths!) It also helped that Mei, my Linoone, found about 10 Rare Candies through the course of the game...

I have no patience, so I don't grind a lot. Still, I'm doing fairly well. In my FR Nuzlocke, the only main teammate that died was Raichu, and BOY was I upset about that. :(

I almost always choose water element~

Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander? Squirtle.

No, no, no, choose Charmander. :(

Playing the DCTP FireRed nuzlocke (and about to epically fail :D). Also playing a hacked version of Black (Blaze Black) which includes all Pokemon from all regions (including legendaries) that can be found in the wild. <33333333333333333333 Both are on my computer. At the same time, I'm wrapping up Diamond and somewhere in my White (the actual game this time).

I have no patience, so I don't grind a lot. Still, I'm doing fairly well. In my FR Nuzlocke, the only main teammate that died was Raichu, and BOY was I upset about that. :(

You managed to catch a PIKACHU at Viridian Forest? Jealousy.... ... ... I freaking love Raichu... And I saw a Weedle and I killed it because I wanted Caterpie... In my current LG Nuzlocke, most of my Pokes died in the process of grinding. Most notably my Mankey. (I'm doing a no healing items run) Stupid Poison Sting attack... TNT died of poison right outside the Pokemon center... TT-TT

Playing the DCTP FireRed nuzlocke (and about to epically fail :D). Also playing a hacked version of Black (Blaze Black) which includes all Pokemon from all regions (including legendaries) that can be found in the wild. <33333333333333333333 Both are on my computer. At the same time, I'm wrapping up Diamond and somewhere in my White (the actual game this time).

Charmander FTW! I used a Lvl. 32 Charmeleon to beat Misty (because all my other Pokes died...) Where is this dctp Nuzlocke? I need to join now!!!!!!

I played a variation of the Nuzlocke with two additional rules: One, evolving Pokemon is not allowed. Two, healing Pokemon outside of Pokemon Centers is not allowed.

It was brutal.

I'm not using healing items this run. :x I'm evolving Pokemon though.... I'm going to give not evolving a shot next. And I'm going to do that in... ... ... Shiny Gold X! :D

Blaze Black.....which I gave you. *cough* :rolleyes:

<3

DCTP Nuzlocke: http://forum.dctp.ws...hp?topic=8058.0 Don't know if you can still join (it's a little bit late) but if you beg properly it should be okay. :P

I asked (and ranted about my current Nuzlocke). :3 Nuzlockes are so fun... I just spent two hours training my Lvl. 14 Gastly up into Haunter... And now it's kicking ass. :3 I just have one question: Should I keep Hypnosis and Dream Eater or teach it Psychic and replace Hypnosis with something more useful? Dream Eater's really powerful (and might be useful seeing I'm doing a 'No Healing Items' run) and heals Haunter, but Hypnosis only has a 60% hit rate. So what should I do?

I asked (and ranted about my current Nuzlocke). :3 Nuzlockes are so fun... I just spent two hours training my Lvl. 14 Gastly up into Haunter... And now it's kicking ass. :3 I just have one question: Should I keep Hypnosis and Dream Eater or teach it Psychic and replace Hypnosis with something more useful? Dream Eater's really powerful (and might be useful seeing I'm doing a 'No Healing Items' run) and heals Haunter, but Hypnosis only has a 60% hit rate. So what should I do?

WEll, it depends on what game. If this is Generation IV and above, then sure. You might be able to find a wide lens later, which would help a lot.

If this is Gen. III, then personally I would keep it anyways. No healing items will REALLY hamper you, and I think Dream Eater would be an effective way to cope. It's pretty powerful, too. I agree, though that 60% isn't as good as we would like it to be.

Are you going to evolve it? I'm a big fan of Gengar. :3

WEll, it depends on what game. If this is Generation IV and above, then sure. You might be able to find a wide lens later, which would help a lot.

If this is Gen. III, then personally I would keep it anyways. No healing items will REALLY hamper you, and I think Dream Eater would be an effective way to cope. It's pretty powerful, too. I agree, though that 60% isn't as good as we would like it to be.

Are you going to evolve it? I'm a big fan of Gengar. :3

I'd love to evolve it... But... The iTouch emulator can't trade. :P I'm going to try and hack the rom to make it work though. XD (I'm going to change the evolve status from 'trade' to 'evolve at lvl. 36'. It's Gen. III. There's no DS Emulator on the iTouch, and I can't find my stupid DS charger because it disappeared two years ago. (I think my parents threw it away to stop me from playing Pokemon... It worked for two years.) I'm going to keep Dream Eater. ;D (and hope Li, the Haunter, survives because it has crap for defenses.)

I'd love to evolve it... But... The iTouch emulator can't trade. :P I'm going to try and hack the rom to make it work though. XD (I'm going to change the evolve status from 'trade' to 'evolve at lvl. 36'. It's Gen. III. There's no DS Emulator on the iTouch, and I can't find my stupid DS charger because it disappeared two years ago. (I think my parents threw it away to stop me from playing Pokemon... It worked for two years.) I'm going to keep Dream Eater. ;D (and hope Li, the Haunter, survives because it has crap for defenses.)

Most good attackers have crap defenses. Like Infernape and Espeon. I love them both, but they seriously lack in defensive stats.

Most good attackers have crap defenses. Like Infernape and Espeon. I love them both, but they seriously lack in defensive stats.

I don't like monkeys... (so I dislike all Poke-monkey lines. :P) I want an Espeon so badly... TT-TT LG/FR, why you no have internal clock? RSE, WHY YOU NO HAVE EEVEES? I seriously trained Eevee from Lvl. 25 to Lvl. 52 once trying to get either Espeon or Umbreon (it was carrying a Soothe Bell) until I found out you can't get them without trading... I got a new team member! :D Azure the Lapras!

Dream Eater's really powerful (and might be useful seeing I'm doing a 'No Healing Items' run) and heals Haunter, but Hypnosis only has a 60% hit rate. So what should I do?

Give Haunter Dream Eater, get a Paras, and give it Spore. Spore = 100% sleep rate and accuracy. :P

I don't like monkeys... (so I dislike all Poke-monkey lines. :P) I want an Espeon so badly... TT-TT LG/FR, why you no have internal clock? RSE, WHY YOU NO HAVE EEVEES? I seriously trained Eevee from Lvl. 25 to Lvl. 52 once trying to get either Espeon or Umbreon (it was carrying a Soothe Bell) until I found out you can't get them without trading... I got a new team member! :D Azure the Lapras!

:o Lapras are awesome. The fact that you're guaranteed to get one doesn't hurt, either.

Same, never liked Ruby/Sapphire, and it's the one generation I never got into OR beat. Same, 2nd gen is my favorite. Crystal is the best game in the entire series, IMO. Even if you can't get Celebi in the US version unless you cheat. :(

DDD:

I don't care what all of you say ;w; 3rd Gen is my favourite generation ever.

My Lapras kicks butt. :3 I had it kill Fighting-types with Psychic! :D (so I guess Haunter won't be getting it. XD) Finally have HM Surf... I needed a Water-type move. :P

@Moho: No. I don't like the Paras line. I'll stick with my Weepinbell's Sleep Powder and Haunter's Hypnosis. The Haunter knows Thunderbolt now, so it's not completely screwed...

@Akicha: Emerald's my fav game. :3 I've played it four times, and once on a hacked version. XD Gen III FTW! (though Gen IV is good... Stupid missing DS charger...)

:<

pokmon-but-starters-are-too-mainstream1.jpg

I played with a Parasect on my main team when I was a kid... But then it got deleted. :P And it could do about... no damage on anything. The thing has six weaknesses! (and two are X4!) It's weak to Lorelei, weak to Bruno (his Pokemon all know Rock attacks...T^T Found out the hard way.), weak to Agatha (that Gengar knows Sludge Bomb!), weak to Lance (he has a ton of Flying Pokemon), and weak to your rival too. It wouldn't be much help outside of capturing Pokemon. (which isn't that important in a Nuzlocke IMO.)

Meh, I've never used a Parasect. I usually prefer Butterfree+Sleep Powder.

Tried to do a White Nuzlocke, and epically failed. D: I'm just way too lazy to grind a lot. I just get lucky, I guess.

I just have one question: Should I keep Hypnosis and Dream Eater or teach it Psychic and replace Hypnosis with something more useful? Dream Eater's really powerful (and might be useful seeing I'm doing a 'No Healing Items' run) and heals Haunter, but Hypnosis only has a 60% hit rate. So what should I do?

Clearly, you need to battle more Snorlax. :V