Detective Conan World
Detective Rohit

DCW's Rock and Metal Music Community

Welcome to Rock & Metal Music Community/Club!

Description: Want to discuss, Bands, Singers, Guitar Solo's, Latest Albums, Live shows, World stage, Awards or anything related Rock and Metal Genre? Want a place to post pictures and link about your favourite artists? This is the perfect place to do so :)

Rules:

1)Discussion of combination of Genre's and sub genre's like Classical Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk Rock, Thrash Metal, Heavy Metal, Folk Metal, Blues-Rock, Grunge, Rap Metal, Electronic Rock, Soft Rock Etc etc is also allowed.

2)Discussion of other genres, Especially Pop and Rap is not allowed!

3)Any mention of "Justin Bieber" will be regarded of as an insult to the topic as well as to the Genres under discussion. In short and simple words, DO NO EVEN MENTION him.

4)Do not insult any Artists under discussion.

5)Refrain from speaking ill about other Genres.

6)Try not to speak about Satinic and Gothic Artists (Eg Cradle Of Filth, Gorgoroth) as their content can be abusive to many.

7)Follow DCW's Forum rules.

8) Try not to go Off-topic.

9)If you think that i should add/modify some rules, PM me.

History of Rock.

Rock music is a genre of popular music that developed during and after the 1960s, particularly in the United Kingdom and the United States. It has its roots in 1940s and 1950s rock and roll, itself heavily influenced by rhythm and blues and country music. Rock music also drew strongly on a number of other genres such as blues and folk, and incorporated influences from jazz, classical and other musical sources.

Musically, rock has centred around the electric guitar, usually as part of a rock group with bass guitar and drums. Typically, rock is song-based music with a 4/4 beat utilizing a verse-chorus form, but the genre has become extremely diverse and common musical characteristics are difficult to define. Like pop music, lyrics often stress romantic love but also address a wide variety of other themes that are frequently social or political in emphasis. The dominance of rock by white, male musicians has been seen as one of the key factors shaping the themes explored in rock music. Rock places a higher degree of emphasis on musicianship, live performance, and an ideology of authenticity than pop music.

Rock Music has been actually originated from Rock and Roll Genre. Elvis Presley is regarded as King of Rock and Roll.

More details explaination can be found on this Link

Some artists popular Artists in Rock category and its sub Categories.

--> Guns and Roses

--> Pink Floyd

--> The Beatles

--> U2

--> Linkin Park

--> The Red Hot Chilli Peppers

--> Jimi Hendrix

--> The Eagles

--> 30 Seconds to Mars

--> Breaking Benjamin

--> Bruce Springsteen

--> Evenescence

--> Nirvana

--> Oasis

--> Foo Fighters

--> Avenged Sevenfold

--> Green Day

--> System Of a Down

--> Coldplay

--> Puddle of Mudd

--> Creed

--> Nickelback

--> Papa Roach

--> Stone Temple Pilots

--> Aerosmith

--> Bon Jovi

--> Soundgarden

--> Alice in Chains

--> Frank Zappa

--> Steve Vai

--> Sex Pistols

--> The Rasmus

--> Les Paul

--> Porcupine Tree

--> The Rolling Stones

--> The Cranberries

--> Red

--> Hawthrone Heights

--> Disturbed

There are many others, but for now i remember these. If you want to add any other band or any other band from your particular country, please post, ill add it ASAP.

History Of Metal Music:

Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a genre of rock music that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s, largely in the Midlands of the United Kingdom and the United States. With roots in blues rock and psychedelic rock, the bands that created heavy metal developed a thick, massive sound, characterized by highly amplified distortion, extended guitar solos, emphatic beats, and overall loudness. Heavy metal lyrics and performance styles are generally associated with masculinity and machismo.

The first heavy metal bands such as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple attracted large audiences, though they were often critically reviled, a status common throughout the history of the genre. In the mid-1970s Judas Priest helped spur the genre's evolution by discarding much of its blues influence; Motörhead introduced a punk rock sensibility and an increasing emphasis on speed. Bands in the New Wave of British Heavy Metal such as Iron Maiden followed in a similar vein. Before the end of the decade, heavy metal had attracted a worldwide following of fans known as "metalheads" or "headbangers".

In fact "Led Zeppelin" are regarded as pioneers of Metal Music especially after their famous song "Stairway to Heaven".

More detailed information can be found on this Link.

Some popular Artists:

--> Led Zeppelin

--> Deep Purple

--> Black Sabbath

--> Iron Maiden (My favourite)

--> Metallica

--> AC/DC

--> Ensiferum

--> Opeth

--> Megadeth

--> Slayer

--> Blind Gaurdian

--> Judas Priests

--> Panthera

--> Anthrax

--> Bullet for My Valentine

--> Ozzy Osbourne

--> Dream Theater

--> Equilibrium

--> Slipknot

And many others. Please post if you want to add an artist that i forgot to post/ from your country.

Some Famous Tracks:

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

Metallica - Master Of Puppets

Pink Floyd - Comfirtably Numb

Breaking Benjamin - The Diary Of Jane

U2 - Beautiful Day

Guns 'N' Roses - Sweet Child of Mine/Paradise City

Linkin Park - Numb/ What Ive Done/ In The End/

Aerosmith - Walk This Way

Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark/Dance of Death/ Hallowed Be Thy Name/ The Trooper/ Run to the Hills.

Coldplay - Yellow/ Viva La Vida/ Fix You

Puddle Of Mudd - Blurry

Ensiferum - Wanderer

Green Day - 21 guns/ Boulevard of Broken Dreams / When September Ends

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Nickelback - If Today Was Your Last Day/ Rockstar

Red Hot Chilli Papers - Snow

30 Seconds To Mars - Closer To The Edge

Slipknot - Psychosocial

The Beatles - Help/ Hey Jude

Equilibrium - Mana

Papa Roach - Last Resort

Megadeth - Hanger 18

Evanescence - Bring Me To life

Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child

Opeth - Burden

The CranBberries - Zombie

Creed - Rain

You may now discuss! :D

I've heard of some of the bands in your list for 'Rock' but I've hardly heard of any bands from the 'Metal' list.

The Beatles, Linkin Park, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Green Day, Nickelback, Bon Jovi

my fave on your list, i like more rock then metal

Even i listen to rock more than metal...but Rock and Metal are brothers :D

LINKIN PARK!!!!

Forever <333333

ROCK FTW.

That is all.

Did you know why they introduced Grammy Awards?

Because they were afraid! Rock was so on the rise that they thought all the other genres will die..xD

I've heard of some of the bands in your list for 'Rock' but I've hardly heard of any bands from the 'Metal' list.

I wont blame. Even i dont listen to Metal much except Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin. But these are some of the famous metal bands.

I hate to say this, but I have one problem with Led Zeppelin, which is generally well known... Which is that they were notorious for stealing riffs, or songs entirely without crediting the original source. That said, I still love them, and I still regard Jimmy Page as one of the best guitarists ever.

Are we including punk and post-punk into this discussion? (Ie the Ramones, Sex Pistols)

Also... Detective Rohit, shame on you for forgetting Frank Zappa in your lists.

I hate to say this, but I have one problem with Led Zeppelin, which is generally well known... Which is that they were notorious for stealing riffs, or songs entirely without crediting the original source. That said, I still love them, and I still regard Jimmy Page as one of the best guitarists ever.

Are we including punk and post-punk into this discussion? (Ie the Ramones, Sex Pistols)

Also... Detective Rohit, shame on you for forgetting Frank Zappa in your lists.

Yes we are including Punk..

And sadly i forgot Frank Zappa..Les Paul..Steve Vai too.. *Sigh*..ill add these 5 to the list.

Yes we are including Punk..

And sadly i forgot Frank Zappa..Les Paul..Steve Vai too.. *Sigh*..ill add these 5 to the list.

Les Paul is more blues and jazz than rock. He did do rock, but if you saw him live, it was far from his primary genre. (and before you ask, yes I did see him live, yes he was amazing, and yes it was unforgettable) He did make it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame though. So I suppose I cannot blame you for including him.

Les Paul is more blues and jazz than rock. He did do rock, but if you saw him live, it was far from his primary genre. (and before you ask, yes I did see him live, yes he was amazing, and yes it was unforgettable) He did make it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame though. So I suppose I cannot blame you for including him.

I wish i had his Guitar :S

Anyways..Here's Iron Maiden Live: Rock In Rio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMWAsS2xP7E

I wish i had his Guitar :S

Anyways..Here's Iron Maiden Live: Rock In Rio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMWAsS2xP7E

Oh dear... if we are going to start posting videos I have a whole slew of em... Anyone here go to a G3 concert?

If not here is a taste of what you missed out on:

And that video reminds me... where is Dream Theater on list of metal bands? Their vocals suck but their instrumentals are choice.

Oh dear... if we are going to start posting videos I have a whole slew of em... Anyone here go to a G3 concert?

If not here is a taste of what you missed out on:

And that video reminds me... where is Dream Theater on list of metal bands? Their vocals suck but their instrumentals are choice.

Well..yes..we are allowed to post pictures and videos. :)

Ill also update the first post with adding some more content to it. Added Dream Theater and equilibrium to the list.

Didn't know this thread existed until now. I mostly listen to rock..''Slow Rock'', that is. I sometimes listen to metal as well though. Well, in my case my fav bands/singers are Bruce Springsteen, Brandon Flowers, Snow Patrol and some certain songs of several of the groups listed above such as Evanescence,BFMV or Linkin Park. There also some songs I find epic indeed, such as Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin) or the Diary of Jane (Breaking Benjamin). Listen quite randomly to the rest.

Edit: Couldn't help adding the song in the end..

I listen to rock and metal music almost everyday and Linkin Park and Coldplay are always on my playlist. However, the two bands I really love are My Chemical Romance and Dragonforce. My Chemical Romance's songs are meaningful, not always about love. Dragonforce's songs has fire in it, the music always light a fire in my soul.

If you have no idea about what I am talking about, take a look:

and this (watch the fingers during the guitar's solo) :

Well, I just found this thread.

Anyways, my favourite metal is The Berzerker and The Devil Wears Prada. However, I also like Breaking Benjamin and Chimaira too!

Guns and Roses
--> Pink Floyd
--> The Beatles
--> U2
--> Linkin Park 
--> The Red Hot Chilli Peppers

--> Jimi Hendrix
--> The Eagles
--> 30 Seconds to Mars
--> Breaking Benjamin
--> Bruce Springsteen
--> Evanescence