Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Emiko Seiei

Gundam00?!

Has anyone here heard of Gundam00?! o.O

It's not really a detective anime, but it's a really cool science fiction type anime :D

As a result of the depletion of fossil fuels, humanity had to search for a new source of power. The power was found in the form of massive arrays of solar power collectors orbiting the Earth, and supported by three orbital elevators, each one serving one of the three "power blocs" on the planet, namely Union, controlling the region surrounding North America; Human Reform League, consisting of China, Russia and India; and AEU, which controls mainland Europe.

With this nearly inexhaustible source of energy benefiting only the major powers and their allies, constant warfare erupts around the globe among minor countries for fuels and energy. Countries that once economically relied on the sale of fossil fuels have plunged into poverty. Some even believe that solar energy threatened the "promised land of God", resulting in the 20-year Solar Wars. This chaos led to the formation of a private military organization, called Celestial Being, dedicated to eradicating war and uniting humanity through the use of four humanoid machines called Gundams. Mobile Suit Gundam 00 follows four mobile suit pilots termed Gundam Meisters, sided with Celestial Being. The main protagonist is 16-year old Setsuna F Seiei, a taciturn young man who grew up in the war-torn Republic of Krugis. He pilots the GN-001 Gundam Exia, a high mobility mobile suit effective in melee combat.

I love this anime! :D

It mentions a lot of interesting things about war. Gundam00 really changed my out look on things.

Setsuna F. Seiei is super cool too x) I love him ♥~

Plus the opening and ending songs used in this anime are really thought inspiring and meaningful.

Most people say it's mostly a boy kind of anime, but I think girl's will also enjoy it if they have an open mind towards thing :3

Out of the all the different Gundam series, I like Gundam00 the best :D

So have any of you watched or heard of it before, and what is your opinion about it?

And have you seen any other Gundam series? :3

• Upvote 1

I know someone who's obsessed with the Gundam series.

He has posters of Gundam in his room, tons of expensive gundam models that he built by himself...

He's totally obsessed. IMO.

I know someone who's obsessed with the Gundam series.

He has posters of Gundam in his room, tons of expensive gundam models that he built by himself...

He's totally obsessed. IMO.

Wah!! \o/

really?! that's so cool!!

I want gundam posters and models sooo badly >w< !!

TT^TT but I share a room with my siblings, and models can be expensive after the first few...

I only have a few models OTL sigh. that sucks.

I have heard of this anime but I've never watch it.

I watched Gundam Seed Destiny before. It's pretty awesome.

I've seen Gundam Seed Destiny too! :)

I thought it was pretty awesome as well ^ ^

but you should try and watch Gundam 00 too if you ever get the chance :D

I've seen Gundam Seed Destiny too! :)

I thought it was pretty awesome as well ^ ^

but you should try and watch Gundam 00 too if you ever get the chance :D

Sure!

I gotta say, it's really cute how positive this thread. The Gundam forums and subreddit are occasionally really negative, and SEED and SEED Destiny get almost nothing but negative attention over there, so seeing people say they liked it and thought it was a nice experience is a nice breath of fresh air.  Haven't seen 00, SEED, nor Destiny yet as I'm currently knee deep in UC stuff. I've heard 00 introduces aliens, so I might skip it. I plan on watching SEED, but I might skip out on Destiny because I'm impressionable

As for UC stuff, 0079 was alright, Zeta was great, ZZ's been ok so far, Gundam-san was cringey, Thunderbolt's fantastic, 08th MS Team wasn't as good as I was expecting, 0080 was also great, and I have yet to see CCA, late UC stuff, 0083, and the Origin ovas, but I plan on starting the Origin ovas soon and finishing ZZ so I can go ahead and watch CCA, 0083, and Victory (and maybe F91 eventually too)