Detective Conan World
Guest Hajime Kindaichi

To moderators (about adding a Kindaichi section to the wiki)

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

I would like to add a section dedicated to Kindaichi on our wiki, but before I do that I would like to get a green light to go ahead and start from one of the moderators. Anyway thanks.

Update: I have created the first Kindaichi wiki at http://thekindaichicasefiles.wikia.com/wiki/ if anyone is interested in helping go there, any help would be great.

I personally feel like adding this section would only have been appropriate if Kindaichi was part of Aoyama-sama's storytelling universe

I will, however, defer to the other mods, if they disagree

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

I personally feel like adding this section would only have been appropriate if Kindaichi was part of Aoyama-sama's storytelling universe

I will, however, defer to the other mods, if they disagree

So if the other mods agree I can do it?(because this is probably the only place were kindaichi could get a wiki)

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

You could've PMed them, couldn't you? :mellow:

yeah your right ( I feel stupid now :lol: )

But what does Kindaichi have to do with DC other than both being mystery manga? I'm slightly confused on the 'why' part here. This is Detective Conan World, and it would seem somewhat out of place. Unless it's going in the 'related' section of the wiki. I'm just wondering how many other manga/anime would be added on if one gets approval, because that's basically saying a mystery manga just gets the okay. I have nothing against it, however I can't help but question the purpose.

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

But what does Kindaichi have to do with DC other than both being mystery manga? I'm slightly confused on the 'why' part here. This is Detective Conan World, and it would seem somewhat out of place. Unless it's going in the 'related' section of the wiki. I'm just wondering how many other manga/anime would be added on if one gets approval, because that's basically saying a mystery manga just gets the okay. I have nothing against it, however I can't help but question the purpose.

Kindaichi is a rare and less known series compared to detective Conan (It is a great series though) I believe that a wiki for it would make the series better known also I believe DCW is the only place were we could put it because, once again it is not well known, and I doubt we could get a site dedicated to it(at the moment) because not many people know about it, also DCW also is a mystery fan site so People would enjoy it. And finally the main goal of this wiki would be to get people into the series. (especially Fan translates so they can finish subbing the series) Anyway please mods, give me the go ahead I really want to do this.

We also host Magic Kaito and Lupin, though the former appears in DC. :V

But it's the detective conan wiki, not the "little known mystery anime" wiki :/

Bingo.

Start your own wiki if you want to do something about Kindaichi. This isn't the best place to do it. That's like adding a section about some unknown series similar to Harry Potter on a Harry Potter wiki because it's like Harry Potter but more obscure.

We also host Magic Kaito and Lupin, though the former appears in DC. :V

Not counting a brief description on Lupin's character page, as well as the special where Conan meets Lupin, tell me what we host about Lupin on the wiki.

I kinda agree with CC that if you want to start a Wiki about Kindaichi, it should be independent and unrelated to DCW, otherwise it wouldn't be a good idea.

Just because KCF is not as popular as DC doesn't mean it has little information. If we throw all of the Kindaichi pages (e.g characters, plots, anime, manga...) into the DC Wiki, it will be inconvenient for outsiders (especially for those who doesn't even know this series). Therefore, if you believe you have the good condition for starting a Kindaichi Wiki, then why not do it independently ?

Also, I personally don't like the idea of using Conan's fame to advertise Kindaichi or to draw people's attention towards the series. KCF is a good mystery manga, so what if it's not well-known ? I don't like it when Kindaichi has to stand under Conan's spotlight to become more famous. This is the worst side-effect. So again, if you really want to make this series truly famous, I'd rather you made its Wiki independently.

I had a good point made to me last night by a friend

The premise goes like this: there's a Conan/ Kindaichi game... therefore, a single wiki page is justified as long as it's limited to information about the series that would be helpful for understanding the game

I'm still not 100% sold on the idea, but this did turn me a bit favorably towards it

The premise goes like this: there's a Conan/ Kindaichi game... therefore, a single wiki page is justified as long as it's limited to information about the series that would be helpful for understanding the game

I'm still not 100% sold on the idea, but this did turn me a bit favorably towards it

Southpaw makes a point. Perhaps you could have the Conan/Kindaichi game page on the DC Wiki and then link it to a separate and individual Kindaichi wiki which would be sufficient.

• Upvote 1

Southpaw makes a point. Perhaps you could have the Conan/Kindaichi game page on the DC Wiki and then link it to a separate and individual Kindaichi wiki which would be sufficient.

I agree with this idea.

Indeed. The only problem is that that is not what the OP had in mind, nor do I think that they would really want to compromise with that.

Indeed. The only problem is that that is not what the OP had in mind, nor do I think that they would really want to compromise with that.

I know... which is why when I threw it out there, I said I'm still not sold on the idea

Yeah, I think a whole Wiki would feel quite out of place... I mean, I've heard of KCF from a couple places, so you can't exactly say it's unknown. (DC is pretty rare in the US as well... Other than it's scattered supporters.) I believe a page on the game linking to some outside wiki would be okay though. Like I said before, if we accept one, that it could be used against DCW in future arguments about adding different mystery manga to the wiki. It wouldn't really be a DC wiki then, it'd be a ragtag collection of mystery manga wiki. And people are here for DC, and if we want to find new manga, we ask people for recommendations in the Anime/Manga Off-topic boards. You can see if there's a topic for it there and put some more info into it or make a new topic for it, but I don't think you should go much farther as far as a wiki on DCW is concerned.

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

Sorry I was out on vacation this week That is why I didn't contribute for the past few days. I see we pretty much decided no for an answer, but let me throw out a few more comments. (and if you guys still say no then I'll shut up :lol: )

I'm liking this Idea, just have one page on the background of the characters that appear in the Conan and Kindaichi game, in doing this, people will understand(and enjoy) the game better, and it's like the background page that are for Lupin the 3rd, and Magic Kaito. (anyway final offer, if you guys say no then I will stop begging for a wiki page)

(Also If I was to start my own wiki, are there any sites that let you make one for free and be as good as our wiki, here at DCW?)

I'm liking this Idea, just have one page on the background of the characters that appear in the Conan and Kindaichi game, in doing this, people will understand(and enjoy) the game better, and it's like the background page that are for Lupin the 3rd, and Magic Kaito. (anyway final offer, if you guys say no then I will stop begging for a wiki page)

(Also If I was to start my own wiki, are there any sites that let you make one for free and be as good as our wiki, here at DCW?)

The wiki runs on the MediaWiki open source software. I suppose if you had a website (which do cost money), you could run that.

You requested a free alternative, though. I could suggest WikiSpaces. Wikia's also known for hosting some of the larger wikis. I'm pretty certain both give you a subdomain on their servers.

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

The wiki runs on the MediaWiki open source software. I suppose if you had a website (which do cost money), you could run that.

You requested a free alternative, though. I could suggest WikiSpaces. Wikia's also known for hosting some of the larger wikis. I'm pretty certain both give you a subdomain on their servers.

Cool, I look into that, thanks

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

Read my update on first post if anyone is still interested in a Kindaichi wiki.