Detective Conan World
Miss Smiles

Sato's fanfiction: Conan's unlucky day

Conan has unlucky day, but he has friends who help him!

I've finish drawing Shinran, I have finish writing two chapters. :)

CHAPTER 1

It was night time when Conan woke, and he remembered the trouble he has been through: he saw a culprit was about in action. That was a worst case scenario he admitted to see, and it was last thing he want to involve, as he has this wish if he wasn’t being caught. But it did happen. And it was matter of time when Heiji found out where he was

Six hours earlier, Heiji and Conan were walking down the streets, planned to meet Kazuha and Ran in Western restaurant. When he reached, he saw them giggling together, suspecting they were talking about love life and thought, I never understand them what they thinking or saying. When Ran looked up, she waved at them and motioned her hand towards the table they were sitting, Heiji and Conan joined them.

‘What are you on about behind my back?’ Heiji asked, looked suspiciously at them.

‘Why must I tell you? You look at me like you’re interrogating a criminal. No. Way.’ Kazuha said with a tongue sticking out at him.

‘Oi, I’m hungry. Aren’t you both?’ Conan complaint and his stomach growled.

‘Well Conan. What do you want to eat?’ Ran politely asked, earned a bright smile lit on Conan’s face.

‘I want to try pasta. Pasta is nice,’ Conan answered, ignoring the bicker between irritated Heiji and Kazuha.

‘Heiji and Kazuha, what do you want to eat?’ asked Ran, and received the answer immediately.

‘Lasagna!’ Heiji and Kazuha glanced at each other with a frown, when Kogoro took his seat and checked the menu.

At the moment, they heard the scream and groaned.

‘I might have to take a drink, I don’t know how long the investigation will takes…’ said Heiji, drank a whole cup of warm water.

‘And Kogoro soon will make his appearance! As a best detective I am in Tokyo! Mwahaha!’ Kogoro laughed in the air.

That’s when Kudo have you in sleep, ojiisan, Heiji thought, felt the sweat rolling down his forehead.

They hear their surroundings were full of bustled diners and staff members, one of the staff members exclaimed in shock: ‘Dead! There’s a dead person among the customers!’

Heiji, Conan and Kogoro rise to their feet and proceed to crime scene, where they found a male lie on the floor with eyes wide as Heiji took the pulse.

‘He’s dead for twenty five seconds,’ he said, before he was interrupted by a person who came to his side.

‘Move aside, I’m a doctor,’ the person said in business-like, and bend down to check the vital signs, before starting to pump his chest. Later the dead revived, he gasped for air while Conan called the ambulance without Heiji to tell the instruction.

‘Good thing there’s a doctor here,’ Kogoro said with relief.

Police and ambulance arrived; it took the victim away as Megure head towards them with Sato and Takagi behind him.

‘It’s you again…’ he said, looked bored but took down the notes as he looked at the site where victim lie on the ground.

‘You’re talking about me? I’m in your service when you need me to solve the cases!’ Kogoro exclaimed with glee.

Megure looked at them as if he was referring to Heiji and Conan.

‘Inspector Megure, it was attempted murder by food poisoning, but clearly murder didn’t succeed,’ Miwako said, scribbling on her notebook.

Megure nodded with his fingers on his chin, contemplating on the case.

Conan looked around for the clues, and noticed a faint trail of transparent liquid, bend down to see squint when Heiji looked at his right side the moment a police came in with a plastic bag, which filled of can inside.

‘Inspector! I found a smell of poison come from this can!’ the police said.

‘Good job! Miwako, have it send to lab for test results,’ Megure ordered and Miwako took over, examined the can.

‘Kudo, have you noticed that suspect is suspicious?’ Heiji asked in whisper, bend down to talk to him while glancing at four suspects. The four suspects looked uncomfortable and anxious, a tall blonde woman bit a finger absentmindedly and a male sat stiffly in his seat.

‘Tomiko, stop biting your nail,’ the guy snapped, and earned a glare from two women who sat beside him.

‘yeah, I wonder how the person do it,’ Conan said and his eyebrow nearly meet together. Heji stepped forward and bend down to pick up a paper debris.

Conan came closer to take a look, realize there is a writing of English three letters: ‘ter’.

Kogoro suddenly took it away from Heiji’s hand. ‘Let me take a look. Leave the job to police,’ he said haughtily.

Heiji narrowed his eyes at him while Takagi talking to four suspects.

‘Can you tell me your sitting position?’ Takagi asked them.

‘I was sitting beside Tomiko and Duke, my friend who was poisoned,’ Kumiko said, ‘Tora sitting beside Tomiko and Naomi.’

Conan listening to them while walking, and almost slipped down. He looked down and felt the ray of gaze on him, suddenly turned around to the four suspects but saw nothing menace in their eyes.

He looked up to see a waitress walked past, noticed a trail of wine was leaked from the tray. He hear Heiji and Kazuha arguing again about the amulet he supposed to wear which left on the table, and curiosity won, he started to follow the trail of transparent liquid which lead to toilet but bumped into a leg.

‘Gomenasai! Are you alright?’ the waitress asked and help Conan up.

‘It’s okay!’ Conan answered with a smile. ‘Don’t worry about me.’

The waitress nodded and leave, he then continued, thinking to believe there is another clue of mystery in the toilet.

He went into male toilet, and found himself pointed with a gun pointed on his forehead. Before he knew it, he fainted when the barrel hit his head.

CHAPTER 2

After six hours Conan felt his head throbbing when he woke, felt his hands and feet were handcuffed and his mouth was gagged with duct tape. He heard a crash outside and Heiji’s shout.

‘Conan!’

Conan let out a muffle as loud as he could, and received a response, the door crashed open before Ran switched on the light.

‘Conan-kun!’ Ran yelled anxiously. ‘What did culprit did to you? Your head bleeding! Satou, can I borrow your handcuff’s key?’

Satou immediately give it to her. ‘Takagi already call the ambulance,’ she said and Ran nodded.

She put the key on the ground and removed the gag as Heiji unlocked the leg’s cuff.

‘The murderer has been nabbed?’ Conan asked Heiji.

‘yeah we did. The culprit confessed about kidnapping you,’ Heiji said as he took the handcuff. Ran took the key and unlock one on Conan’s wrists.

‘Do you want to know the rest of story how we figure out the murderer?’ asked Heiji, received immediate answer from Conan with a nod but winced, Kazuha forced him to lie down while waiting and listening to Heiji’s story.

~~~

‘You ahou! I don’t have to wear that amulet all the time!’ Heiji shouted at Kazuha.

‘That amulet is important, you can’t anyhow put it aside and on the table. You are the ahou, not me!’ Kazuha said hotly.

‘Oi, this is crime scene! Not the spat lover’s area!’ Megure roared at them, which caused them to jump.

‘I can’t be bothered to continue arguing with you,’ Heiji said with resigned voice.

‘So do I!’ Kazuha declared and stormed off.

‘Hey Kudo, lets-, eh?’ Heiji looked surprised to see Conan was gone. He turned round to meet a waitress walked by. ‘hmm… have you see the kid?’

‘You mean the kid with glasses? He went to toilet,’ she said with a warm smile.

‘Arigato,’ Heiji said, returned grateful smile and headed towards the toilet. He opened the door to let himself in.

‘Eh?’ he doubled back when noticing a crimson liquid on the floor, nearly stepped on it. He bent down to see it was blood, with a jolt of realization and fear stabbed into his mind.

Could it be, Heiji thought, could it be Conan’s blood? This doesn’t look so good.

He ran out of toilet and called for police. ‘Megure keibu! Blood spotted in the toilet! There’s attack inside there before, and can someone call for blood DNA test!’

‘I’ll do it!’ reported Miwako, ‘Who do you think has been attack?’

‘Conan-kun,’ Heiji answered, forced himself to stay calm and composed but feeling of dread started to sink in. ‘He wasn’t inside as the waitress saw him enter the toilet. Megure keibu, which suspect slipped away?’

‘It’s Tora and Tomiko. Takagi, I want you to find the location of suspects right now!’ Megure ordered and Miwako ran to toilet as Takagi ran opposite direction.

‘Heiji, is it really Conan-kun? You’re not lying, I- I can believe you?’ Ran asked frantically.

‘I hope it’s not true. But I can’t keep promises, and Conan isn’t in the toilet as the waitress say,’ Heiji said with sad look at Ran.

‘Conan-kun,’ cried Ran, her hands covered her face.

‘Don’t worry, Ran, we will find him no matter what,’ Kogoro said with determination and fierce eyes, as if he wanted to throw a punch at murderer or kidnapper.

Kazuha hugged Ran in her arms, consoling her with assurance but she cried.

‘I think I know who’s the murderer, but evidence is not enough,’ Heiji assessed, a frown was drawn on his face.

‘I think I know who’s the murderer!’ Kogoro said with triumph, but Heiji looked at him, felt less thrilled to hear from Kogoro and was afraid to hear his deductions that may raise questions of his reasoning. ‘It was Tora! She must be murderer, and somehow was in the toilet until she saw the brat show up but don’t want him to tell tale, kidnapped him.’

‘Ojiisan, we might as well as rescue Conan straightaway,’ Heiji stared at Kogoro and hear Miwako’s running footsteps gaining, passed by him towards the door to hand over the evidence bag of a small blood stain on cotton bud inside.

‘You both stay here,’ Heiji ordered Ran and Kazuha, Kogoro joined him to return toilet and investigate.

Heiji bent down to see a tiny stain beside a small pool of blood, found it familiar and remembered Conan has eat a small set of French Fries for snack before entering the restaurant.

‘Damn it, I hope Conan is alright…’ said Kogoro, looked worried, but Heiji was smiling as he figured out who is the kidnapper.

Later he ran forward to the back door, opened to reveal bushes outside. ‘Help me search the location Conan might be hidden earlier,’ he said hurriedly, looked through the bushes.

Five minutes later, Kogoro yelled for Heiji to investigate the clues he found. Heiji went to Kogoro’s side, found a clean set of gloves and a roll of duct tape on the grass.

‘Why the kidnapper didn’t use all the duct tape? This is odd, and here is a clean set of gloves which look like it haven’t been used. Could it be the answer when handling the poison?’ Heiji whispered under his breath but Kogoro heard him.

‘If it is the case, the evidence might be here somewhere, but what I see is all are bush’s sticks…’ Kogoro said as he examined the small field of grass. ‘And this is the place where Conan is hidden, I did see the ruffle of grass and it’s blood stain.’

Heiji looked further and noticed what Kogoro said is true.

‘It’s Conan’s blood alright. And the size of ruffled grass fits the child’s height when the murderer has to hide a child.’

Heiji looked at the sticks which hidden inside the bush, and noticed odd one which doesn’t match the forest of brown sticks. He picked it up and wrapped with his clean handkerchief.

‘Let’s go back,’ he said and they returned inside.

‘Any findings?’ Inspector Megure asked.

‘We did, the blood in toilet belongs to Conan, and there’s blood stain in clear field at right side of bushes. The kidnapper did hit Conan’s head hard. That person will pay for what he did to him!’ Kogoro said angrily.

‘Satou, come with me to the back of restaurant!’ Megure barked order and they went to second kidnapping site.

‘I have a question for you both,’ Heiji asked two suspects. ‘Do you both have a habit to take drinks’ order first before all of them arrived?’

‘Yeah, we do… today I ask friend to have a dinner with us so first person who arrived here have to help and take order,’ Naomi said.

‘Who is busiest today?’ probed Heiji and Kumiko was first to answer.

‘I sleep late last night, I sleep around two o’clock and wake up at 10 o’clock before I work on art project. Tora says she hasn’t finished her typing assignment and agreed to put on hold, that she want to join us for dinner. I plan to ask her about my belongings she burrowed this morning. This afternoon I take a short break and went to salon and have my finger nails cover with nail polish because I don’t have accessories with me.

Now Tora and Tomiko are gone, I don’t know where they are and I can’t believe one of them actually is a murderer and kidnapper…’

‘What did Tora burrow from you?’

‘She burrow my earrings, she says she like them and want to wear them today. We all wear makeup, and she did, I’ll say she look fabulous and she talk about me being the one have the whole accessories more than hers. I have many accessories in my cupboard.’

‘We all like makeup, there’s nothing wrong about it,’ Naomi said. ‘We all wear the lipsticks, and Duke like mine and Tora’s most.’

‘And Duke said he have his eyes on you, likes your dress and Tora’s. I find Tora’s dress match Duke’s shirt’s colour, it’s clearly to know straightaway they are dating together,’ Kumiko said.

Heiji lose himself in thoughts, but he smirked as he realized the answer of the case.

‘I think I know who’s the culprit now! It’s Tomiko!’ Kogoro said quickly, but later interrupted by the police.

‘Megure-keibu! One of the suspects was spotted in Beika hospital but she left!’ the police reported and received order from Megure, who return from the back of restaurant.

‘What are you waiting for? Go there for witness questioning and catch suspect to the police station!’ Megure said and the police obeyed and moved forward to the exit.

Heiji felt a pat on his shoulder. ‘Did you keep evidence on your body?’ He turned to see Satou Miwako looked at him sternly.

‘Why should I do that? I know better than do that…’ Heiji protested, covered up for his lie.

‘I hope you’re frank about this part,’ Miwako said, fixed her suspicious gaze on him before walking off.

Heiji’s face was full of sweat rolling down, but he snapped out of it as he heard of second suspect’s whereabouts.

~~~~

‘Conan-kun, you have heard the first part of story, I’ve mentioned all the clues enough for you to piece together who is your kidnapper and murderer,’ Heiji grinned down at him as he sat on kid’s hospital bed.

‘How does the kid know, I think it’s difficult for him to think of answer!’ Kogoro exclaimed with glee.

‘Ojiisan, I can take on the challenge! It’s a second suspect on the loose, am I right, Haittori?’ asked Conan with smirk, now his head was covered with bandage around his head.

Ran and Kazuha manage to have their face with acting expression of curiosity, now they were sitting beside the bed like Heiji did.

‘Is the second suspect a murderer? Are you really sure who am I referring to? I’m not going to say, but let’s continue on with my story!’

Woah... So it didn't post. I could have sworn I commented. (stupid computer) I just wanted to tell you this is a very interesting story! (though I'm nowhere near a detective and can't figure out the mystery!) Please continue it! ;)

A/N: Hello! I feel better, I've been away as I was ill, I've manage to finish it on one night. Next morning, I woke up with fever. Today I feel better and check it, and been inconsistently less active, 2 days 1 post on different community forum. I haven't hang out in my forum, when I one look at it I realize I need energy to look after. I can be active in ten minutes and it's restricted whenever I'm online or I will be nagged by my mother non-stop about health. She's a doctor and is very convincing storyteller about biology of health when having flu. I don't want to hear it again. *shudder*

okay here's the story you have waited! It's last chapter! Once I recover, I will post next drawing of Sato and Takagi kissing and married on boat, with a scenery of city! I was bored when I was resting so I draw it. :D

Thank you for reading, Mabel and friends! Thank you for reviewing, and chapter 3 is last chapter. Please tell me what you think about the story :)

CHAPTER 3

‘Megure-keibu! The second one spotted with a bleeding child in his arms is nearby! The person… did taking him away!’ the officer shouted as he ran nearer.

‘What in the world?!?!’ growled Megure through gritted teeth, looked mad. ‘Where’s the person heading?’

‘That person driving the car and they’re behind the restaurant. I spotted it. The driver’s waiting for traffic to change light. Car number is 6DY4SD ‘

‘You did a good job, well done; now Satou and I are going to fly the helicopter. The police soon will be on red alert,’ Megure barked as he took out his walkie talkie, started to send out orders.

At the same moment, Heiji turned around to talk to Naomi. ‘Naomi, do you have Tora’s address?’

She nodded, realized the severity of scenario about Conan’s kidnapping. She took out her notebook and pen from her bag, scribbled the address then ripped the paper before handed it over to Heiji.

‘You did the right thing,’ Heiji said with a grin. He turned around to find miserable Ran sitting near to Kazuha, he walked closer.

‘Ran, do you think you can help me for a moment?’ he asked.

‘If I can help to find Conan, I will,’ answered Ran.

‘We will find him, but you got to keep your cool when we’re searching. I need you to go to Beika hospital, talk to Duke. Tell him…’ he put his mouth near to her ears and whispering, Ran’s eyes turned wide when hear from Heiji but nodded upon the request.

‘Good. Kazuha will accompany you. Would you do that?’ Heiji looked at Kazuha, she nodded.

‘What he want you to do?’ asked Kogoro and received Ran’s answer

‘We’re going to let him meet the person who tried to kill him.’

Four hours later, the resident’s house was quiet in the night when every nature was still in slumber until it wait for every citizen to fall sleep, and that’s when they woke to silent world of night life; the beginning of twilight approach as life of small inhabitant live to breed in dark world where no human can see. But one was not asleep, the resident’s house was haunted by gleam of night light’s ray and shadows of the trees, the figure of a woman’s step was nimble outside the entrance door; she walked in through opened door.

On her face a smile was lit, her eyes stare what she comprehend in the house, by her figure cloud the night’s light as its silhouette, her slender figure stood with her quiet laugh. Her smile widened, her expression was unreadable in the shadows of the night.

‘You foolish woman, you won’t be Duke’s girlfriend no more,’ she said as she took up her photo, but it was hidden by her shadow.

‘And you’ll be the person who take my place,’ said the shadow, as she bend down to zip open the bag, her eyes gleamed by the thoughts which was running in her mind. But she startled by the sudden moment when she noticed the room was now bright, and turned around to see the crowd surround her and block the doorway of entrance.

‘Just as I thought, you’re the person who tried to kill Duke. Tora-san,’ Heiji said, smirked as he looked at her. ‘I’ve figure out you will break in Tomiko’s house. You can’t keep the evidence, and the police will take it away.’

‘You think I’m a culprit? I don’t see why you think of me this way, but I assure you you don’t know what is really going on.’

‘Really? Then you’ve meet a person who knows too well about attempted murder. I’m not ordinary teenager, I’m detective Hattori Heiji. Would you like to hear my deduction?’

Tora gritted her teeth. ‘What makes you think I’m the person who tried to kill Duke?’

‘It started with your first appearance in the restaurant. Before you make appearance there, you went to buy a can of drink and cotton bud. You intend to use it as your storage, put the poison in but you have no intention to use it. That’s when murder was planned to roll out after you spend remaining resting hours to buy it. And it’s the time after you put your assignment on hold when you decide stick to plan.

You buy a spare glove as your back up plan, to create a dead end that the police unable to figure out and will discontinue the moment they found it and duct tape together.

Afterwards you use old glove to handle the poison by putting it into empty can. You abide time, waiting for your opportunity. When you notice it’s time, you then put on your make-up, and you also use nail polish today. After you reach restaurant, nail take longer to dry after you apply the nail polish. You reserve your seat and know Duke will sit beside you; you use cotton bud to dip the poison, rubbing it on the cup’s rim, before throwing the can away except the glove.’

Tora laughed. ‘You actually based on deduction to pinpoint me as the culprit. Those doesn’t have my mark of evidence, it could be anyone.’

‘You’re one of the suspects. But I’m clear it’s your doing,’ Heiji said with smirk.

‘Am I hearing this wrong?!?! You’ll be wrong if you both police listening to all these crap by this teenager,’ she said furiously at them with menace and snarl edged in her tone.

‘I guess you like to hear more. They like to hear what you going to say after I tell you what I know about the evidence in the bag,’ he hinted with a comfortable smile as he put his hands into his pocket. ‘It’s old gloves you use before.’

Tora stepped backwards as she glanced at Heiji uneasily.

‘At the back of forest, you discarded the cotton bud to scattered sticks,’ continued Heiji, pulled out his handkerchief which held cotton bud, ‘But when you throw it, you didn’t know one of your fingers leave a line of nail polish on it. You’re the one who attempt murder on Duke. But you know the moment he will die after drinking, as unfortunately you didn’t expect there’s a doctor there saving his life.’

‘Since he’s not dead, I’m not the murderer. I got nothing to lose. But, why you didn’t go straight for Tomiko? She also escaped from the restaurant,’ replied she.

‘She’s the first suspect who comes to visit Duke in the hospital. The police know the situation has changed; they are part of this plan waiting for you to appear with the key you’ve stolen. The key belongs to Kumiko, that’s when you burrow earring from her in her home. You intend to break in here, if your plan to kill Duke didn’t succeed.’

He saw Tora’s hand shaking in anger.

‘We have met Kumiko, she also thought she has been arrested, but she was surprised by us when she knows the truth from us. She’s now beside Duke,’ he smiled as he stood aside, revealing Duke on wheelchair and Kumiko standing behind.

‘So it is you,’ Duke said, looked stunned. ‘I should expect it after we argued last night. I- I deserved it what I got after my love life change. I know I wasn’t being honest with you. I end up thinking Tomiko will love me but I realize she has no feelings for me anymore.’

‘Please don’t say these things to freak me out. This is not I want to hear from you right now. From my sight, I know Tomiko has reserve her feelings for you as you both sharing… sharing this kind of chemistry thing between two set of both of your eyes!’ shrieked Tora. ‘Yesterday you say you don’t like me to change my name. And you just ripped that note apart. How can I stay calm since I can’t prove my love, since I’ve dream myself I can live in other country. But you said you have other things in mind. I knew on that time you are thinking to love Kumiko more!’

Now I know why there’s a paper debris of three letters “ter”, and Conan is first who found it.' ‘ Heiji thought.

‘I know what I did is unforgivable, for choosing this time when we’re engaged. I fall in love with a girl when I know I shouldn’t… I also can’t forgive myself either. But I beg you, please forgive, forgive for what I did…’ his word trailed away, looked at her with sadness. ‘From today onwards, Kumiko is a best friend I have in life only.’

Tora choked after she heard what Duke said, fought not to cry.

‘Why I am in this state? All in my life I want to be a wife I can live in other country and not to be here! Why are you so persistent to have wedding in Japan? This is not I wanted, but all the things I’ve done which can’t be undone. I can’t believe this! Seriously, I think she’s a wolf as well. She’s Conan’s kidnapper!!’ Tora cried dramatically as she pointing at Kumiko, but Ran went forward without warning, slapping her face.

Kumiko cried when she heard accusation from Tora when buried in Duke’s arms: ‘I swear I’m not a kidnapper!’

‘You liar!’ cried Ran to Tora, the murderer who gave her a glaring face, ‘You already taken Conan away to your place. I teach you a lesson for being dishonest!’ Before Ran could launch a karate kick, she was instantly grabbed and restraint by Kazuha and Kogoro back from her. ‘I’m sure it’s you! Don’t deny it!!’ she yelled when fighting the arms of restraint as her arms held by her father and Kazuha.

‘I haven’t really seen your favorite kid. Don’t be too quick to think I am the one responsible for it!’ Tora retaliate back with cold glare, jabbing her fingers. ‘You stay right there away from me!’

Kumiko sobbed hard when she heard Tora’s denial, the police frozen in their spot to glare at the kidnapper.

‘She already sees what it’s standing or staring at her,’ Heiji said, with a smug smile.

‘What evidence did you see?’ she turned pale as she turned her neck to look at Ran.

‘I saw the stain on your pants, and that is stain of small French Fries on hem. That’s the proof you cannot deny it!!’ Ran shouted, but relaxed on the grip holding her. When they noticed her calm down, they slowly released her arm the moment Tora looked at her pants.

‘So, I’ve been discovered. Well, that was it,’ she said. Her cold mask changed as her tone unexpectedly turned uncharacteristically cruel. ‘But for all of this, you think, you think you can stop me? I wish you didn’t pursue about kid. I may have second thoughts about what I done in restaurant. Now the plan changed. You think it’s easy for you to find him. Once I-‘

She was interrupted by Kazuha, who was pinned by her hands onto the wall in tight hold.

‘I do care! If you have decency to let him go, the police will reconsider the verdict of punishment! We all know what you’ve done to knock him out,’ Kazuha choked and ignore Heiji’s protest when he tried to pry her hands off but with no avail.

‘Give me a reason to slap her again, or I throw judo on her,’ she said angrily.

‘Toyama, let her go. We need to know where Conan is, please do that. Please.’ Megure said in exasperation.

‘Kazuha-kun…’ Satou and Takagi said weakly when they stepped forward, prepared to pull her off.

‘She’s not going any where.'

At this moment, Tora tackled away Kazuha’s arms and pushed her into Heiji’s arms. When he held her tight, Kazuha’s face blushed faintly.

‘You better stay back! If you wish not get things out of hand, and want Conan back, you walked back ten steps. Ten steps. And you also, so don’t make me. I already give you one fairest warning,’ Tora said sternly with a glare to Heiji. ‘You’re the calmest person in the room now, and I want your co-operation. I can only ask once.’

‘Fine,’ he then steered Kazuha in his arm. ‘I saw it. Are you thinking of me kissing you?’ he added with astonished whisper, in the end he earned hand shove from her and she nearly dropped to the ground, but saved by Ran in time. She turned her blushing face away as Heiji return to pressing matter.

‘If you’re guessing, I have enough evidence you’re the culprit and kidnapper. I will ask you again, the moment you get yourself confessing me the truth. I want the whole truth. First I will ask you about duct tape, did you use it and not to let Conan talk?’

~~~

‘So the kidnapper confessed the location after I interrogating her. She admitted she did hurt you badly after she knock you out. The police took her away into jail where she will stay,’ Heiji narrated. ‘Later Satou-san and Takagi-san took us in car trip to warehouse where you’ve taken captive. Afterwards we went in, and you know the rest. Your answer is right. She’s the second suspect when Tomiko visit Duke.’

‘A person has change of heart and never love fiancé back. That’s tragic story of two persons can’t love together as one is desperate in corner,’ Kazuha said, thinking of the case. ‘Heiji… would you break up the relationship with a girl who loves you but when you found out the second person you love didn’t return her feelings?’

Heiji looked at Kazuha astounded, contemplating on the question. ‘Why should I bother with second girl who doesn’t love me? I might as well remind myself the reason why I like first girl in first place!’

‘Heiji, I’m glad you think this way,’ Kazuha said, smiling genuinely at Heiji.

Conan and Ran exchanged a secretive smile they know what they’re thinking, leaving Heiji looking suspiciously at them.

‘What happen to Duke after she was taken away?’ Conan asked.

‘Duke said he did commit the mistake falling in love with third party, but don’t blame Tora after she put herself in the mess all for love she want from him. Duke knows she know what she did to you is unforgivable; she answer my questions and told me her confession and explanation. She’s totally fallen apart after she said all of it. When Duke saw her want to turn herself in, he tells her he can wait long until she released from jail and wanted to start over. She find him foolish for doing that but he realized he still love her from start knowing she is a kind girl with warm heart which locked inside her cold blood. If she didn’t kidnap you in first place, if considering the possibilities when kidnapping hasn’t happen, she doesn’t have to make Duke wait longer. Ah, the relationship is so complicated.’ Heiji said.

‘Well she vowed not to look up after you after she was released from prison in the future. I also agree we won’t meet her again,’ Kazuha confirmed with satisfied smile.

‘Thinking of this case, these are the ones of kind which giving me headache. And this brat need a lot of rest, I think you lose a lot of blood after we rescue you,’ Kogoro gruffly said while rubbing his temples. ‘I am having headache and I’m feeling like I want to rest on hospital bed!’

‘Eh, Otousan, you would want to stay over with Conan? If you can, I don’t mind!’ exclaimed Ran with bright smile, but received Kogoro’s immediate protest.

‘What? Why I want to stay with Conan? My head hurts after I accidentally knock my head on signboard! The signboard supposed to hang on the wall quickly when I was about to run into the hospital entrance door. I’m going to have nosebleed!’

Ran looked exasperated to hear Kogoro’s ranting as she crossed her arms with her hands on her hips. Their conversation earned amused stares from her two best friends, they solemnly agree the days are better as Conan was on his bed by their side. Heiji exchanged smirk with Conan. Now they relieved good and old days when they once bickering and hang out, and Kogoro liven it up as they are together in Tokyo where they share good moments. They felt their stay is like they are home with friends who come to visit and live by together to be part of their daily lives.

‘Otousan!!!’

thank you for reading! Akakata and Nobody :D

Nobody: there's no limitations. If it's less than 10,000 words, it's short story.

10,000 words over to 40,000 words, it's novella.

50,000 words over, it's novel.

Great story. By the way, how short does a story have to be so it can be posted here?

...I don't think there's such a thing as a short story... :P OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!