Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Hostage crisis at the Mouri Detective Agency (771-774)

Vote for the culprit, Sera's suspicion of Conan, and ???  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who killed Sawaguri Miku last month at the ryokan in Gunma?

• Mitsui Tanami (41) - beanie hat
    • Yuchi Shinobu (36) - buckteeth
    • Nihei Sumika (39) - glasses
    • Sawaguri Isao (37) - crazy hostage taker
    • Sawaguri Miku committed suicide
    • Sawaguri Miku's death was an accident
    • Multiple suspects were involved
    • Someone else
    • Sera Masumi
    • Bourbon
  2. 2. As of the end of this case how far will have Sera's suspicion of Conan progressed?

• She just thinks Conan is unnaturally smart.
    • She suspects Conan's appearance and Shinichi's disappearance have a common connection.
    • She suspects Conan might be Shinichi.
    • She KNOWS Conan is Shinichi.
    • Something not listed. (explain below)
  3. 3. What or who is responsible for the flickering light?

• Okiya Subaru
    • A police officer
    • Prof Agasa
    • One of the Kudo parents
    • An FBI agent
    • A CIA agent
    • Scar Akai
    • Someone in the Black Org (eg Bourbon)
    • Sonoko
    • An inanimate object
    • Someone else
    • SomeTHING else

@Chekhov MacGuffin Possibly, I can't read the chinese but if it turns out like that then it's going to be annoying. Another thing, though, is that I can't say I'm happy about the english lines (or more likely engrish) about the... green hat? ( :unsure: what's a hat got to do with it anyway?). Still, I suppose we get some plot advancement and I have to wonder if there'll be later consequences of Conan using the bowtie to 'imitate Kudo Shinichi' in front of the DB. I mean, he actually said his name in front of them so it's not like he can claim the voice belonged to someone else...

:mrgreen:

To be fair, Haibara pushed them out, but they heard it. Ayumi had some questions when she made her unwilling exit. Sera's reaction shows she also has some serious questions about why Shinichi is on the other end of Conan's cell phone. I hope she tries to prove the Conan is Shinichi theory by sprinting over to Agasa's house once the case if over. I'm upgrading my vote to she is suspicious Conan is Shinichi, and depending on the translation, possibly sure.

I'm slow at reading Chinese, but this is a summary of what I've read so far:

It's mainly an explanation of the case, it's a closed room murder, but the evidence of murder lies in shattered glass and a bloody handprint left by the victim. She made journal entries calling the three woman 'elephant', 'fox', and 'mouse'. In the journal it says the 'mouse' killed her. So, basically, it's like the red, white, yellow man thing

• Upvote 1

It's mainly an explanation of the case, it's a closed room murder, but the evidence of murder lies in shattered glass and a bloody handprint left by the victim. She made journal entries calling the three woman 'elephant', 'fox', and 'mouse'. In the journal it says the 'mouse' killed her. So, basically, it's like the red, white, yellow man thing

Thanks. That should help.

That should rule out Buckteeth because she's the obvious choice for mouse, unless Gosho is double crossing us and the culprit is the obvious choice!

Who voted for Bourbon:

Skyron

icon_mrgreen.gif
I'm crack-voting for Sera until I actually come up with a real theory. Should have had a joke option...

Just read the file 772 (Chinese), what did Sera see outside the window that make she say :"Looks like we don't need to bother Kudou-kun about this anymore", could that be a sniper ?

Okay, finished it. Not much more information, but here's the major cliffhanger.

The man figured out the cell was still on, and was about to shoot Ran when Conan says in Shinichi's voice that he was the one who told Ran to keep it on! Ran is wondering why Shinichi is with Conan, and Conan knows the truth. However, if he reveals it, the man will shoot the culprit and set off the bombs! What is our favorite little tiny chibi detective going to do? I really wanna know how he'll trick Ran this time. ^-^

Okay, finished it. Not much more information, but here's the major cliffhanger.

The man figured out the cell was still on, and was about to shoot Ran when Conan says in Shinichi's voice that he was the one who told Ran to keep it on! Ran is wondering why Shinichi is with Conan, and Conan knows the truth. However, if he reveals it, the man will shoot the culprit and set off the bombs! What is our favorite little tiny chibi detective going to do? I really wanna know how he'll trick Ran this time. ^-^

Thank you Aeyra!

It seems to be a lot more exciting than I thought. We'll have to wait and see to find out how everything turns out.

Thank you Aeyra!

It seems to be a lot more exciting than I thought. We'll have to wait and see to find out how everything turns out.

You're welcome! I think it'll be awesome!

772 spoiler

This case looks like it might involve a wordplay solution... I'm not looking forward to that.

so, not happy about that, if thats the case there is no way i can solve this case :mellow:

To be fair, Haibara pushed them out, but they heard it. Ayumi had some questions when she made her unwilling exit. Sera's reaction shows she also has some serious questions about why Shinichi is on the other end of Conan's cell phone. I hope she tries to prove the Conan is Shinichi theory by sprinting over to Agasa's house once the case if over. I'm upgrading my vote to she is suspicious Conan is Shinichi, and depending on the translation, possibly sure.

So now the DB may be suspicious of his identity, maybe they will end up telling Sera that...

Woot! i hope Conan uses the antidote :smile: excited for it! :grin:

Abs. and I put our heads together about the solution and we noticed the following. There are colors associated with each animal:

狐色 - light brown (fox color - "Kitsune-Iro")

鶯色 (鶯茶) - greenish brown (nightingale color - "Uguisucha")

象牙色 – ivory (elephant tusk color - "Zouge-Iro")[this should be white, but then it would be unreadable...]

鼠色– dark grey, slate (mouse color - "Nezumi-Iro")

And then of course there is the issue of the mysterious light pointing in at the detective agency on the last page of 772. Abs. jokingly suggested Subaru with a sniper rifle. Just who or what is it?

Sorry for the double post but the final question is up. I couldn't add another question about what was causing it, but give your thoughts about what it is in the comments! Is it a sniper rifle, just a laser pen, or something else?

If you already voted and want to change or vote in the final question, click remove vote and simply recast it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the case there is one obvious theory based on the above colors and the suspects' professions and hobbies. I don't know if it is right...

Mitsui's stonemasonry goes with mouse grey (stones are grey)

Yuchi's bakery goes with the fox color (think baked bread color)

Nihei's seal business goes with the ivory white (seals are made out of ivory/are often ivory white)

Isao's camo colored survival gear goes with the nightingale green brown

However... did the "rat" really commit the crime? We have more clues to work out including the damp books and the locked room mystery. Remember the poll is not who is the "rat", but who the killer was!

here is what i'm thinking

I thought about the same thing Chek had in her theory,it makes sense but i'm not completely satisfied. So i was thinking maybe she based it on their personality, and it made more sense to me, Gosho really revealed a lot about their personality. For instance, Sawaguri Isao (37) A.K.A crazy hostage taker, does survival games. Her sister called him a Japanese Bush Warbler, which often is heard before being seen. This is a good tactic in survival games to lure an opponent in a designated area for an attack. There color helps them blend in with the environment around them, making them hard to spot. So it got me thinking maybe the qualities don't have to be annoying but could be something admirable. We must also consider the conditions of the books the wrinkled one may be because of the large amount of steam in the victims room due to the trick the culprit used which i believe means Nihei Sumika did it. No other book was wrinkled. one seemed new, but it was signed and was on the first run of printing(but i think she forged her signature, that's why the book seems so new, so she won't look guilty when the police checked her stuff). The other was torn, but no wrinkles so i believe Mitsui Tanami story, plus she has a witness that saw her run and leave. Nihei Sumika was the fox, because she is sly and cunning. She set up the trick,she left where Sawaguri Isao broke in( she is the only one fit enough to do it). She probably disposed of any other evidence because it happened a month ago, but their is still hope because it was ruled a suicide before she left the hotel, she may have gotten comfortable and forgot something important that she should have disposed of, like the clothes she wore, knife used, or a receipt she used to get the blood out of her clothes from the cleaners. so there is only two animals left. Yuchi Shinobu seems pretty self centered and lazy so i say she is the rat and her buck teeth, leaving Mitsui Tanami as the elephant (obvious reasons).

the light in the window

sniper lights usually isn't that noticeable and is red in color, Sera may have contacted who ever it is, maybe someone from England(when Sera was first introduced, recall the UK's flag on the back of Conan's pants on the cover?) That may have something to do with this. Not sure. It could be Subaru signaling Sera because Kudo contacted him to do so (makes more sense), or even Takagi, still inconclusive though. The DB did go do something about the police right? they may have also tried to grand stand Conan(not the first time they tried that).

The trick for the crime

The culprit drugged the victim maybe a sleeping pill, which means she had to give it to her a while before in a drink or something. Came back, and impersonated a the rat. This person was cunning as a fox, Nihei Sumika. She came with the intent of killing the victim. But because the victim texted her brother goodbye as a dying message, he ran to help her. The Culprit was surprised and hid in the dense steam and grabbed her book(The victim just got out of a shower and now the culprit had the water running), when he noticed his sister he ran to her aid, while the culprit escaped. Her plan was to blame this on the rat, but the locked room was even better, so she kept quite. This is why her book was distorted because of the steam. She chose to impersonate the rat because of her low IQ. This explains Nihei Sumika reaction to the SNS messages

Sera definitely put two and two together a long time ago, the DB probably are going to tell her about the bowtie thing afterward

Also Conan may try to say he put Shinichi on three way with Ran and his connection, but he still may have to use an antidote, we will see.

Thanks :grin: , and sorry for some of my typo's i think i fixed them now.

How do you always think of these things? You might as well be Conan.

I saw a few spoilers for Chapter 773...

The flash of light was a sniper. He's wearing some sort of baseball cap. And Detective Kudo was close... I think they thought Nihei Sumika was the culprit. But I think the actual culprit was 'Elephant' woman. I don't know what the trick is, though...

haha! yea i understand, i usually think about it in the back of my head and come back to it and put all the pieces together and post my deduction. Some are easier than others and it dosn't take me long after reading the file, to post a deduction, but this one took a little longer (the case itself wasn't hard, the animal names had me stomped for a minute, it directly affected the deduction)

I saw a few spoilers for Chapter 773...

The flash of light was a sniper. He's wearing some sort of baseball cap. And Detective Kudo was close... I think they thought Nihei Sumika was the culprit. But I think the actual culprit was 'Elephant' woman. I don't know what the trick is, though...

Hm... The flash of light was a sniper? With a baseball cap? Scar Akai or Akai, anyone?

Hm... The flash of light was a sniper? With a baseball cap? Scar Akai or Akai, anyone?

Just... Some guy... I've never seen him before... I could be wrong though... Yeah, it was a baseball cap. Not any hat, but a baseball cap.

Just... Some guy... I've never seen him before... I could be wrong though... Yeah, it was a baseball cap. Not any hat, but a baseball cap.

Wait a minute, it was a sniper? why was the light white and obvious? Maybe the sniper was someone from England (refer to my deduction) I can't believe i was wrong on this one...i blame it one the animal names. Just how did she pull it off, she is very noticeable, and large in build. ugh Gosho!