The Crimson Love Letter
The Crimson Love Letter is the 21th movie in the Detective Conan franchise. It was released in Japan on April 15, 2017.
A bombing case at Nichiuri TV in autumn. The Satsuki Cup, which crowns the winner of Japan's Hyakunin Isshu, is currently being filmed inside the facility. The incident results in a big commotion and, while the building is burning to ashes, the only people left inside are Heiji and Kazuha. They get rescued just in time by Conan, who rushes to the scene. Both the identity and purposes of the bomber are unknown.
While confusion takes over due to the explosion, Conan meets a mysterious beautiful girl who claims she is "Heiji's fiancée". Her name is Momiji Ooka and she is the Kyoto High School champion of the Karuta game. As fate would have it, Kazuha is going to face Momiji in the Hyakunin Isshu, so she begins to train with the help of Heiji's mother, Shizuka, who is a skilled Karuta player.
At the same time, in a Japanese house in Arashiyama, Kyoto's outskirts, the reigning Satsuki Cup champion is murdered. Pictures of the crime scene reveal Momji's presence. Additionally, several Karuta cards were spread around the victim.
Conan and Heiji, along with the Osaka and Kyoto police departments, begin their investigation on the Satsuki Cup and the related murder case. As the inquiry goes on, they come across a secret connected with the Hyakunin Isshu.
The post-credits teaser at the end of the movie shows falling momiji leaves. Heiji Hattori's voice says: "So... You've been keeping that a secret, huh..." (しのぶれど・・・っちゅうわけか Shinobure do・・・tchi yuuwakeka).
- 2017's Conan movie is planned to be a super love comedy (laugh).
- The protagonist of next year's movie is Kazuha ♥. (laugh)
- Heiji will show up in next year's movie (laugh).
- There are many appearances of Heiji in next year's movie (laugh).
- Next year's movie is planned to be Heiji and Kazuha's love comedy ♥.
- 2016-09-25 The new movie's teaser is finished
- 2016-09-25 It's pink and red and lovey-dovey
- 2016-09-25 The title is "Ka◯◯◯◯◯ no ◯n◯" (revealed to be "Karakurenai no renka")
- 2016-10-03 I can't believe you figured out the title...;
- 2016-10-03 Some said it was "Kazuha-chan' samba"...⇒
- 2016-10-03 ⇒ There are a lot of possibilities ( ` з ´ )
The poster drawn by Gosho Aoyama and the Japanese title were revealed in the Shonen Sunday issue #01/2017 on November 30th, 2016.
- Takahiro Ōkura, a detective novelist famed for his Assistant Inspector Fukuie series (featured in Volume 85), wrote the script for the movie. It was his second Conan work. The first is the script for The Mysterious Boy, which is different from the movie, being really showyand and flashy.
- The film has a running time of 112 minutes.
 See also
|Detective Conan Movies|
|Movies||Movie 01: The Time-Bombed Skyscraper • Movie 02: The Fourteenth Target • Movie 03: The Last Wizard of the Century • Movie 04: Captured in Her Eyes • Movie 05: Countdown to Heaven • Movie 06: The Phantom of Baker Street • Movie 07: Crossroad in the Ancient Capital • Movie 08: Magician of the Silver Sky • Movie 09: Strategy Above the Depths • Movie 10: The Private Eyes' Requiem • Movie 11: Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure • Movie 12: Full Score of Fear • Movie 13: The Raven Chaser • Movie 14: The Lost Ship in the Sky • Movie 15: Quarter of Silence • Movie 16: The Eleventh Striker • Movie 17: Private Eye in the Distant Sea • Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie (crossover) • Movie 18: Dimensional Sniper • Movie 19: Sunflowers of Inferno • Movie 20: The Darkest Nightmare • Movie 21: The Crimson Love Letter • Movie 22|
|Related Cases||16 Suspects!? • Conan, Heiji, and the Vanished Boy • Time Travel of the Silver Sky • Follow the Vanished Diamond! Conan & Heiji vs. Kid! • A Challenge from Agasa! Agasa vs. Conan and the Detective Boys • Magic File 2: Shinichi Kudo, The Case of the Mysterious Wall and the Black Lab • Lupin III vs. Detective Conan (crossover) • Magic File 3: Shinichi and Ran, Memories of Mahjong Tiles and Tanabata • Magic File 4: The Osaka Okonomiyaki Odyssey • Magic File 5: Niigata~Tokyo Souvenir Capriccio • Magic File 6: Flower of Fantasista • The Missing Sweets in the Old Shop • The Coded Invitation • Promise with a J-Leaguer • Munch's Missing Scream • The Shadow Approaching Amuro • The Mystery of the Vanished Black Belt|
Dec 2: ありがとうございます。うーん、紅葉のキャラクターの成り立ちについては、ここでは企業秘密にさせて下さい……。そのうち、お話できる機会もあるかもしれません。「から紅」は、「唐紅」と漢字にしたり、「からくれない」とすべて平仮名にしたり、色々のようです。 (https://twitter.com/muho1/status/804631734998315008)
Note that Karakurenai is one word
- ^ "Detective Conan - Anime Schedule". plus.google.com. 2016-03-17. http://plus.google.com/+ShuichiAkai84/posts/Qi5jvToUCym. Retrieved on 2016-08-15.
- ^ a b c d Let's Talk with Gosho Aoyama-sensei Day 2016
- ^ [カ◯◯◯◯◯の◯ン◯] ⇒ [カラクレナイのレンカ]
恋歌 = れんか (renka)
- ^ "Movie 21 Script Author Tweets". 2016-12-01. http://yesyunniechan.tumblr.com/post/153892395806/movie-21-script-author-tweets. Retrieved on 2017-03-05.