Detective Conan World
CoolKid94

Format for Manga Volumes Pages

What type?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. On the manga volumes pages, how would you like case descriptions to be?

• File by File - A Description for each Individual File
    • Case by Case - One Description for Whole Case: if case spans two volumes summary will be split in two
    • Don't care one way or the other

Greetings to all of you! I just wanted to propose a single overall format for the individual manga volume pages on the wiki. Essentially, each case should look something like this:

Name of Case: (EX. Roller Coaster Murder Case)

Link to corresponding anime episode.

Characters Introduced: Pictures and Descriptions

Gadgets Introduced: Pictures and Functions

List of all files related to that case.

Summary of case. Should include how it starts out, and evidence obtained throughout. Resolution and Solution of case should be in a spoiler box. Aftermath of case should be after the spoiler box, but outside it. Summary itself shouldn't be too detailed, as we want people to buy the volumes. Reading on the wiki should be no substitute to reading the manga.

Anyways, that's my proposed format. I've already fixed up most of the Volume One page to this format. Anyone who doesn't like it can revert to a past version of the page, but please check it out BEFORE doing that. My proposal is that we use this format for all the cases in the manga, as it's simple and easy to follow. And a wiki about a manga this good should be uniform to make for easy reading.

So what do you all think? I'll continue to use this format, but if others help me out, that'll be awesome!

There's a prime example on the Volume One page, for those who wish to see it. Here's the link: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Volume_1 .

Of course, that's only if someone hasn't changed it already. Some discussions between some top users that were launched after I changed the page seem to like the old format.

Chime in with your opinion in the poll!

Definitely file by file. Case by case causes description splits over the pages, and makes it less precise to describe what occurs in each file. Episode cases are okay because we combine all the episodes necessary into a coherent case. We can't do that for the the volumes, which leads to half on page and half on another in many scenarios.

File by File looks like this

Well, the page got changed back, so to see case by case you'll have to look at past versions of the page. In the future, I'll do summaries with the file by file format, though I don't really approve of it, and I've stated my reasons elsewhere on the site.

As this discussion is over, this topic should be locked.