Detective Conan World
Glass Heart

"The Dark Knight Rises" by Christopher Nolan. Topic News.

As the shooting of the movie is set to next year, we could have a little topic to discuss about this much anticipated sequel.

Some official news:

-The title of the movie will be "The Dark Knight Rises". It will be released in 2012.

-Tom Hardy (Bronson, Inception) joins the cast in a role still unknown.

-The Riddler is not the movie vilain.

-Christopher Nolan will direct the movie which will entirely be filmed in I-MAX (but not in 3D). It will be his third (and probably last) Batman movie. He will also produce Zack Snyder's Superman movie (a new version, not a sequel to Superman Returns).

-The script was written as the end of a trilogy. It was written by Jonathan Nolan (scriptwriter of The Dark Knight) from a story conceived with Christopher Nolan and David Goyer (who is the scriptwriter of Batman Begins and who also helped conceiving the story of The Dark Knight with the Nolan brothers).

-Hans Zimmer will compose the score of the movie.

-Nolan and the producers are currently searching for the female lead. For the moment, it doesn't seem like they are searching for a famous actress but more an unknown name.

Batman...... The series that was my favourite before DC kicked it out...

Wooo... sound interesting. Expecting an amazing and worth queuing movie.... yep....queuing

Batman...... The series that was my favourite before DC kicked it out...

Wooo... sound interesting. Expecting an amazing and worth queuing movie.... yep....queuing

Well, I liked/loved every Christopher Nolan's movies I have seen. The Prestige was pretty good, Batman Begins was excellent and The Dark Knight and Inception are masterpieces, so I am pretty confident for the new movie.

I forgot to add, Christian Bale (Batman/Bruce Wayne), Michael Caine (Alfred Pennyworth), Gary Oldman (James Gordon) and Morgan Freeman (Licius Fox) are all supposed to reprise their roles in the new movie.

I just love Christopher Nolan's Batman movies (the best version with Tim Burton's Batman Returns) so I will absolutely see this one. I still remember how I was thrilled when I've seen Batman Begins and The Dark Knight on the big screen ! :grin: Epic ! Truly epic ! :)

Yep. The only bad thing is that they change Batman's characteristics

What do you mean by "characteristics" ? Christian Bale's Batman is very close from the original character (in a realistic perspective).

Confirmed cast:

Christian Bale: Batman / Bruce Wayne

Michael Caine: Alfred Pennyworth

Anne Hathaway: Catwoman / Selina Kyle

Tom Hardy: Bane

Gary Oldman: James Gordon

Morgan Freeman: Lucius Fox

Joseph Gordon Levitt: John Black

Marion Cotillard: Miranda Tate

Josh Pence: Ra's Al Ghul (flash-back)

Unconfirmed:

Juno Temple: A smart girl from Gotham's streets

Nestor Garbonell: Mayor Anthony Garcia

i hate the fact that the story is different then the old batman versions. There is no robin, the jocker was different, the batmobile is a tank not a car, Ra's AL ghul was his mentor and ect

the movie is great but at least a robin would be nice

btw did any one hear that a justice league movie is coming 2013

i hate the fact that the story is different then the old batman versions. There is no robin, the jocker was different, the batmobile is a tank not a car, Ra's AL ghul was his mentor and ect

the movie is great but at least a robin would be nice

btw did any one hear that a justice league movie is coming 2013

There is? Cool :D

Has anyone noticed that Christopher Nolan really likes using Hans Zimmer music for his movies? LOL the Batman and Inception soundtracks sound like... exactly the same :P

The cast:

Christian Bale: Batman / Bruce Wayne

Michael Caine: Alfred Pennyworth

Tom Hardy: Bane

Anne Hathaway: Catwoman / Selina Kyle

Gary Oldman: James Gordon

Marion Cotillard: Miranda Tate

Morgan Freeman: Lucius Fox

Joseph Gordon Levitt: John Black

Josh Pence: Young Ra's Al Ghul (flash-back)

Liam Neeson: Ra's Al Ghul (flash-back)

Also, another look at Bane, with clothes on this time:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=43326

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=43293

And there is also another huge spoiler that hitted the web. Check it at your own risk because it's supposed to come as a big surprise.

HUGE SPOILER !

Cotillard's character is very likely to be in fact Talia Al Ghul, which would be the third villain of the movie. Some pictures that just hit the web seem to confirm it.

I agree. So far, Bane and Catwoman are the worst depicted Batman's villains of Nolan's movies visually. Joker and Two-Face were good, and even Scarecrow with his stupid potatoes' bag on the head was way more convincing than that. At least, it contributed to make the character weird and a little scary.

Ra's Al Ghul, it was because Batman Begins was an origin story and that Goyer found it interesting to make young Bruce's mentor the main villain of the movie. The same with casting Liam Neeson, known for his mentor roles (Star Wars, Narnia...), as Ra's: it would be shocking for the audience to see the "father figure" turning out to be the main bad guy.

Well, even though it was far from the original character, I liked the idea of mixing Ducard and Ra's as the same character. But I was disappointed that Ra's daughter, Talia, was absent from Batman Begins because, in the comics, the dynamic between Batman, Ra's and Talia is wonderful, a real tragedy, and it was something that I missed deeply in the movie.

The tank, well, it was to be more realistic (for the beginning of his crusade, Batman took what he could take) and bad-ass. But I have to admit, even though I like the tumbler, I would like to see a new real Batmobile.