Detective Conan World
Kiel95

Downfall of the Syndicate: Chapter 15

ok,well here's the newest chapter! do enjoy! i got no clue when it ends cuz it ends whenever i got nothng ele to write or i come up with an ending!

anyways, enjoy!22.gif

Even though she wanted to hear more, her heart couldn’t take it, and her brain, listening to her heart, forced her feet to turn and walk away.

“I’m sorry, I know you were waiting for me to propose to Ran the whole time, but…” Shinichi trailed off. “I don’t know… I need to figure something out first, then I will continue from there.”~Tacticalwolf~

Shinichi’s face showed relief as he said, “Thanks for understanding dad.”

He hung up and sighed.

“I wonder what’s taking her so long,” he mumbled to the empty room.

When he went on set, he saw her getting ready to go on stage.

She saw him out of the corner of her eye, and made sure to pay no attention to him.

Leah became a distraction. She talked away to Shinichi to keep him from approaching her friend.

Keiko thought ironically as she was getting into her role and reading the script one last time, Somehow the director chose the perfect scene for this situation didn’t he?

“And Action!” the director called out.

The main male lead said, “Wait! Mary!” He grabbed Keiko’s wrist as she tried to walk away.

She yanked herself free of him and said coldly, “No, I’m done waiting. After you promised to protect me, you were the one to hurt me most.”

“Cut! Let’s do a retake. Keiko, show a bit more emotion!”

Shinichi was standing off set behind Keiko and he didn’t find anything wrong with the scene.

“Can we switch positions?” called out Keiko.

Baffled, but willing, the director agreed.

They got into position and Keiko was facing both her acting partner and Shinichi.

“And, Action!”~Tacticalwolf~

Again the male lead role said, “Wait! Mary!” He grabbed her wrist once again as she tried to walk away.

She had tears streaming down her face, but a cold expression as she said icily, “No, I’m done waiting.” She yanked herself free and wiped away a few tears. Facing her partner, yet directing her words directly to Shinichi she said, “After you promised to protect me, you were the one to hurt me most.”

Everyone was stunned by the sudden change, and this time the director let the scene continue.

Shinichi’s mouth went dry.

Keiko’s face twisted in agony. “I… I believed your words. In the end, I’m only hurt again and again.”

Then in the silence she wiped away the rest of her tears and hardened her face.

“Mary, please, wait,” he pleaded.

“Derek, we’re through. You betrayed me.”

With that she turned and walked off, leaving the actor alone on stage with a deeply hurt expression.

A few awkward seconds passed when the director finally realized the scene was over and shouted, “Cut! That was amazing! Great work Keiko! You too Mark!”

The two actors walked over to the TVs to watch a replay.

Shinichi was standing stock still. Emotions and memories invaded his mind.

“Was it really the position change that helped you?” asked the director in wonder.

“Yes.”

“How?” he asked incredulously.

“Let’s just say that this was a special case. With that position change I was able to do the scene the way I wanted too.”

They looked at her in question.

She only grinned at their confused expressions.

Leah pulled her aside. “You changed positions so you could say it to Shinichi as well, didn’t you?”

Keiko nodded her head and sighed. “I finally got to say the words I had bottled up inside of me for so long to him.”

“There’s definitely a lot to your past I still don’t know isn’t there?”

Keiko sighed, “You have no idea.”

“Anyways, you should go to your dressing room to prepare for the next scene.”

“Yeah, see you in a bit Leah,” she smiled. Then she hurried off, not noticing that a certain detective was gone.~Tacticalwolf~

As soon as she opened the door to her dressing room, stepped in, and closed it, somebody grabbed her and pushed her against the wall.

Her eyes widened when she noticed that it was Shinichi.

“Wh-what are you doing?” she stammered in her Keiko manner.

“Drop the act. When you were saying your lines… you wanted to change positions so that you could direct your lines towards me.”

She stopped acting and said, “Child, you’re annoying. You’re younger than me yet you harass me. Do you even know how much older than you I am?”

“A year older,” he said confidently.

“I’m 7 years older than you. This face is made using a thing called make-up. We middle-aged women use it to hide our flaws.” She lied of course, but it sounded so truthful to his ears.

“Why did you direct those lines to me?” he asked nervously. He was beginning to doubt his own deduction skills.

“Actually, I faced your direction because there was less light. When I turned away in that scene, I looked into the bright lights to help my eyes begin to water.”

He released her in surprise.

“Please do not do this again. You’re quite bothersome. Also, don’t you have something else to do? Like propose to your girlfriend?”

He was shocked. “How did you know about that?”

“I came to talk to you but you were on the phone. I didn’t want to interrupt so I left.”

“Oh,” he mumbled as he shuffled his feet.

Sighing she said, pulling back her cheery manner, “Now then, if you will excuse yourself, I need to get ready for the next scene.”

As he walked to the door he mumbled, “Sorry, I mistook you for a friend. I just can’t accept that she’s dead.” His voice was laden with grief.

Keiko was having a hard time keeping herself together.

When he left the room, she fell to her knees shaking. It was hard to lie to him. She hated having to do it, but her peace of mind depended on him being with Ran and disappearing, once again, from her life. She couldn’t let him worm his way back in and turn it into a huge mess.~Tacticalwolf~

When she came to that conclusion her face hardened and she muttered, “A few more days and I’m free of him and these damn emotions. That’s it. I can keep this up for a few more days. I will keep this façade up. I won’t give in.”

BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! m087.gif

Shiho is awesome m054.gif But shiho should've m098.gif after listening to his words, and shinichi m120.gif and it goes like sleeping beauty. lol...It's really awesome! lookig forward to chapter 16

NICE CHAPTER! worth all of that waiting :) i waited for it so impatiently! but poor shiho she must have told shinichi i feel sorry for her T,T anyway... i enjoyed reading it though it was quite short unlike the other chapters...

good luck in the next chapter IM WAITING FOR U! FINISH IT!

wow! i didn't even guess that!! and shiho impressed me but shinichi im disappointed he's a detective and shiho fooled him WOW! shiho is such an amazing actor u know 4 2 seconds i believed shiho then i was like "its shiho WAKE UP!!" anyway wat i mean from all wat i wrote is: AMAZING CHAPTER!! NO ONE GUESSED THAT WILL HAPPEN(I GUESS :P ) WILL BE WAITING HARD 4 CHAPTER 16 TO COME OUT!!

i'm sorry everyone!!! 43.gif

i have a test tomorrow45.gif and i have to do two studyguides for it tonight 116.gif there's no way i can get up the next chapter tonight, you'll have to wait till tomorrow! Sorry!!!53.gif

it was very scary... i was jittery all day ... it like escalated, from easy quiz, to hard quiz, to hard test... then went back down for an easy test... anyways, i'll be typing up the next chapter in a lil bit, just putting the final touches on the handwritten version... sorry this one was so short, it was longer in my writing, but i mean, my handwriting isn't exactly small or neat.... i also have to stop at a good point or else it's boring if i don't stop at a slightly suspenseful part or something... i just have to find the right spot...