Detective Conan World
Kiel95

Downfall of the Syndicate: Chapter 13

not too much action going on... but anyways, do enjoy! i'm gonna like writing the next chapter ^-^

“See you in a year right?” asked Shinichi with a smile.

Shiho hesitated to respond and said with a sad smile, “Yeah.”

After her last goodbyes, she was placed in an ambulance and brought to the airport.

When she boarded the plane, she looked out the window at the falling snow. Sighing deeply she whispered, “Goodbye Japan, and goodbye, Miyano Shiho.”

~Tacticalwolf~

A month after arriving in America, there was a problem. Her health slowly declined until her death.

Apparently, she had received too much blood of the wrong caliber, and her body couldn’t handle it. Since the blood she received had not been acclimated to the APTX 4869 that had taken over her blood cells and filled her bloodstream, her body couldn’t take it.

Her heart had been pumping the infected blood since it first received it.

When too much clean blood entered her body, it offset the balance, making her condition worse and worse as the two types of bloods fought against each other.

If she had received blood little by little, she would have lived, but the sudden large transfusion is what ultimately killed her.

At least, this was what Shinichi and the professor were told.

Her old class was told she had heart failure during one of the surgeries.

3 years later.

~Tacticalwolf~

By now, Shinichi was finally dating Ran.

His brief moments of realization towards his true love, Miyano Shiho, never faded. He had told no one his true feelings, but even when standing at her grave, he couldn’t bring himself to say it.

Also, he graduated college in two years and began to work for the Japanese police force.

Miyano Shiho was no more, and in her place came Shizuma Keiko. Shiho, having let her strawberry blonde hair grow out, dyed it black.

Nowadays she became a well-known actress. Not only was she the most popular and beautiful actress, but no one knew why she only chose bullying roles, or those of criminals. She was nice enough to be herself in so many movies and TV shows that it was ridiculous.

Yet she always, always chose the part of a cold-blooded killer first, and she always got the part, playing it beautifully and with a killer’s aura.

~Tacticalwolf~

“Ok, that’s great,” smiled the director. “You can have the part.”

Keiko smiled in thanks.

Another girl came up to complain, her name, Leah Cornwall.

“I’m better than she is! The movies she is in always need to fix her acting to make it seem more menacing! She only said the words correctly without acting for real!”

Keiko looked at the girl and said with a smile, “I don’t mind acting. We can even have a competition if you so desire. Both of us can go at each other at the same time.”

The girl let an evil grin slip through, “Can we fight for real as well?”

The director tried to break it up when Keiko said with her still cheery smile, but a cold and heartless voice, “Of course.”

A few staff members on set shivered, but Leah was not going to stand down, not now.

The director sighed in defeat, and brought the two girls to the set to fight it out in front of everyone.

“Ok you two, here’s the scenario for the two of you to use. For now you’ll be using your real parts in the movie. So Keiko is a traitor of a large organization, and Leah, you’re a member of the organization. You’ve come to kill her.” He pulled out two realistic looking dart guns and handed them to the two girls. “Good luck you two.”

Keiko and Leah moved on set and both demeanors of the two girls changed.

Leah brought the gun up to the unmoving Keiko.

With a sneer she said, “Your time is finally over.” She pulled the trigger, but Keiko was no longer where her bullet was flying.

Before Leah knew what was happening, Keiko had the gun to her head.~Tacticalwolf~

“You have a long way to go. I’m guessing you’re a lower member of the organization. I’m not even fully trained but I’m better than you. Any last words?”

Leah gulped.

“Bang,” said Keiko as she pulled the trigger.

The director clamped.

Leah grumbled, “Ok, I’ll settle for this part. I guess I don’t need the main role.”

At that conclusion, the director called out, “Ok then! Everyone, pack your bags and be here on time next week. We’re going to Hawaii!”

The whole staff cheered, and after a while they died down and dispersed in eager anticipation.

Keiko tapped Leah’s shoulder. “Let’s go out to eat to celebrate.”

“Sure,” Leah smiled, finally accepting Keiko.

After they packed up they headed towards a new sushi bar.

“So why did you want to be the main character who’s a traitor?” asked Keiko, picking out some sushi. “I mean, she dies in the end.”

“I could ask the same of you.”

“Personal reasons.”

“Well, I’m looking for any lead acting roles. I’ll take what I can get. You’re lucky though, you get any kind of part you want and you can be picky as well,” said Leah as she popped some sushi into her mouth.

“I don’t think I can do anything other than criminal roles,” she mumbled.

“What are you talking about? You’re an amazing actress. You can portray any character,” she said in protest.

“I can portray any character I want, but, as of right now, I don’t have the right to do those sort of happy roles, not to mention they don’t fit me.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t think those happy go lucky roles suit me, my personality is hard enough to pull off.”

“I wasn’t talking about that but the part where you said you had no right… and you’re faking your personality?”

Keiko chuckled. “You have to fake everything in the business world.”~Tacticalwolf~

“Be real with me then.”

“Ok. About the part where I said I had no right, I lied to some good friends. I don’t deserve to be happy when I made them sad. I’m only running away from fate.” At her own words, Keiko smiled ironically, remembering the bus-jacking case.

“But can’t you and your friends get past that lie? Then you can move on and be happy again.”

“I’m a gloomy person. Besides, could you move on?”

“Of course.”

“Even if the lie was faking your own death so that the guy you love will be with the correct girl and not the one that ruined his life? No matter what?”

Leah thought over the whole baffling situation. “I guess not,” she sighed, “But you have one hell of a past. Is that why nobody can dig up information on you?”

“Yeah.”

“You sure you should be telling a rival this?”

“No, I trust you.”

“Why?”

“Because, you’re not filled with malice, hatred, or jealousy anymore. As of right now you see me as a friend and only that.”

Leah laughed, “So you can read emotions too?”

“No,” she smiled, “body language.”

“You never cease to amaze me.”

“Believe me, I could be a lot more amazing if you knew my past. But that’s just it. It’s my past, and I really don’t want it to come back.”~Tacticalwolf~

“Then let’s drink and screw the whole conversation.”

“Yeah.”

The two clinked glasses in toast, right before they were surrounded by their fans who had been dying to talk to them for a while.~Tacticalwolf~

neither did i, but the thought just sort of hit me... i thought of making her a scientist.. but i mean... shinichi could easily search for the top scientists, see her background info, put one and one together and get two.... y'know, i doubt he ever thought she would be an actress so i was hoping this would work out ^-^

hmm.. you'll just have to wait and see! i think i've completed the next chapter... but i'm not sure when i'll type it up... right now i just really want to play sims 2 and don't feel like typing and editing my story... :P sorry, but don't worry i'm def gonna finish this fanfic! you'll just have to wait till i'm in the mood to write... like in another 3 hours when everyone in my house is asleep and i'm still awake and at full energy ^-^ i'm a night person... ^-^ i function better at night.... i got no clue why....

darn, sorry bud, like i said, it's only if i get around to it at 3 am in the morning, but i ended up having to do some stuff (lets just say that my parents know that i'm a night person and try to make me due stuff at night)

lol, ok then, i'll try to finish it before then... guess i should get to work on typin it up! i don't think this chapter has much.. >.< i'm still workin on it y'know? just tryin to fix it up... and i think i need to go into more details... *sigh* sometimes, details can be the death of me...