Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  

A manga page not subdivided in to volumes

I'd really like to see a manga page that is not subdivided into volumes. In this respect it would be like the anime page is now with a list of all of the chapters as links that are clickable that take you to a page about that case. For example the anime page currently has a listing like this

56 - Ojamanbou Murder Case -> links to a page for episode 56

57 - Holmes Freaks Murder Case -> links to a page for episodes 57-58

58 - Holmes Freaks Murder Case -> links to a page for episodes 57-58

59 - The First Errand Murder Case -> links to a page for episode 59

Where the links to the same case, even when they are more than one episode, lead to the same page. I think that it would be a good idea to put the manga in a similar style of linking that would make individual manga cases easier to access rather than having to guess around what volume of the manga the case appears in. It makes it really difficult for figuring out where cases are when you are looking for something that occurred "somewhere between volume 40 and 60"  Currently the manga is listed by volumes like this

Volume 1 -> links to a page with all chapters for Vol 1

Volume 2 -> links to a page with all chapters for Vol 2

ect...

Wouldn't it be easier if instead we had a page that listed them by cases? or at least by chapter numbers? Something like this...

CH 1-2 Roller Coaster Murder Case

CH 3-5 Company Presidents Daughter Kidnapping

CH 6-9 Bloody Idol 

OR something like this

CH 1 Heisei Holmes

CH 2 The Great Detective Turned Small

CH 3 The Unwelcome Great Detective

If such a project were ever taken up, I would definitely be willing to help with it. For the time being I have a lot of spare time on my hands and do not know what to do with it. 

I mean this

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Volume_78

this volume contain 3 case, while the anime counterpart separates it case by case

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/The_Jet-Black_Mystery_Train

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Conan_in_a_Locked_Room

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Kaitou_Kid_and_the_Blush_Mermaid

Manga sort by volume, anime sort by case (not episode)

But I do think we have to keep the volume format somewhat. People need reference to Vol. too, not just case

in reference to The Black Demon's post, I mean something like that but all of the volumes on the same page, the way that the anime has all of the seasons and episodes on the same page. Also I think it would be nice if the actual chapter listings were links to the cases themselves rather than going to a page for the full volume. Basically the same way as the the anime has it listed. You could have Volume boxes like on the page you posted but without the summaries from the backs of the volumes or the explanation of the plot icons. Only having the plot icons next to the specific chapters they go with rather than just for the volume as a whole. Essentially the same way that User 4869 explains it, having a way to sort it by manga case would be nice. 

Anime Page

---------SEASON 01

ECT.

---------SEASON 02 

ECT.

I'd like to see the same for the manga, where everything is on one page and each chapter links to that case specifically in the same way that the anime page does

-----VOLUME 01 

ECT

-----VOLUME 02

ECT. 

I don't know if I am explaining it well enough because I even seem to be confusing myself a bit in the way that I am trying to explain.