Shuukichi Haneda's article  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a name for Shuukichi Haneda's article

• Shukichi Haneda
    • Shuukichi Haneda
    • Shūkichi Haneda
    • Shûkichi Haneda
    • Other options (please explain)

As Gosho has confirmed that he will appear again, I decide to create a separate article for Haneda. The name of the article is now up for voting. Please pick one option that you think is the best.

Note: The current existing redirect was named "Shuukichi Haneda".

I personally think that the option we go with in the end should be the one that follows standard Japanese romanization, or whatever it's called. Unfortunately, I don't know any of that stuff. 

If that isn't an option, we should go with the standard name format that's been used on the wiki.

With that in mind, I think Shuukichi Haneda is fine as is.

I personally think that the option we go with in the end should be the one that follows standard Japanese romanization, or whatever it's called. Unfortunately, I don't know any of that stuff. 

If that isn't an option, we should go with the standard name format that's been used on the wiki.

With that in mind, I think Shuukichi Haneda is fine as is.

Unfortunately, there is no standard name format, which is why this thread existed in the first place.  :P Usually, most main characters' name usage in the Wiki don't have the long vowels, exceptions are "Mouri", "Tooru", "Jii", "Kaitou" Kid for specific reasons, which explains why there are strange things like "Kogoro Mouri" (supposed to be Kogorō Mōri). There was a discussion about this.

I chose "Shukichi" because Shuichi Akai's article (same Kanji 秀) only uses one "u" and not two. There is also no special reason why we have to use the long vowel.

Unfortunately, there is no standard name format, which is why this thread existed in the first place.  :P Usually, most main characters' name usage in the Wiki don't have the long vowels, exceptions are "Mouri", "Tooru", "Jii", "Kaitou" Kid for specific reasons, which explains why there is strange things like "Kogoro Mouri" (supposed to be Kogorō Mōri). There was a discussion about this.

I chose "Shukichi" because Shuichi Akai's article (same Kanji 秀) only uses one "u" and not two. There is also no special reason why we have to use the long vowel.

That is a problem. Again, not much I can do there.

If there really is no difference between the two names at all (no different accentation or what not) then I guess Shukichi would work better.

Okay, so there haven't been any new votes for over a week now, I'll choose the option with the highest number of votes:  Shukichi Haneda (6 votes [46.15%])

Here is the article itself: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Shukichi_Haneda

Thanks everyone for your participation. This topic will be locked, and further discussions can go to the article's talk page.