Detective Conan World
MeitanteiSnow

Sleuthing or Stealing? You decide: Reader-Insert (Boy/Girl Version)

Okay, this is my first reader-insert, so if it gets confusing, tell me and I will start a new topic with separate genders reader-insert.

Dedicated Kouhai-chan and Shirayuki/Twin

Legend:

_ = your name (I'm not going to bother with kun, chan, or san because it's too confusing.)

_(h/c)_ = hair colour

_(h/l)_ = hair length

_(l/n)_ = last name

/= words for different gender. The girl version word will be on the left side of the / while the boy version word will be on the right side. (Ex: "You were the cutest/most handsome student in your entire class.)

[ ] = your thoughts

Chapter 1

(A/N: This is before Shinichi becomes Conan.)

The alarm would ring at exactly 7:00 am everyday, regardless if you were going to school or not. Typically, every morning, you would groan and slap the alarm clock. You would get ready in your Teitan High uniform and leave while eating toast. Ran, Sonoko and Shinichi were always waiting for you in the exact same spot every school day. "Ohayo, _!" Ran shouted. "Ohayo, Ran." You replied. Sonoko snickered. "Someone looks a little sleepy today." You glared at Sonoko. "Well, let's hurry up or else we'll be late for school." Shinichi said and started bouncing his soccer ball and walked at the same time. You were Ran, Shinichi and Sonoko's childhood friends and Shinichi's partner in detective work. Sometimes, you would talk about cases on the way to school, during class time and maybe every free minute you had when you two had a case. Shinichi would always bounce the ball while talking and you would always have the urge to throw the ball onto the street and under a 10-ton truck.

School was boring as usual. Students always swarmed around you at break time, mostly because you were a famous high school detective. Boys/Girls will confess to you all the time, but you weren't interested at the time. Instead, when you weren't in a case, you would sit in your desk and think about the next Kaitou Kid heist that was coming up. You couldn't avoid any of his heist no matter what happened because you can't. By day, you were a famous detective, but by night, you were Kid's accomplice. You didn't have a choice, because you are Kaito Kuroba's cousin.

After school, you went straight to Ekoda High to meet Kaito there. Aoko waved when she saw you coming and you waved back. When you reached his classroom, you could still see the mess Aoko and Kaito left behind when Aoko chased Kaito around with that mop. [That Kaito...] you thought as you entered. "Hey, _ what's up?" Kaito said. "Nothing. Ready to go?" You said. Kaito grinned. "Nope, I have to clean up Ahoko's mess." He replied. Aoko snapped back. "You were the one to provoke me first, Bakaito." Her hand reached for the mop. Kaito flinched and you sweat-dropped. "Come on, _" Kaito said as he dragged you out of the classroom and through the school.

"Okay, what's the plan for tonight?" You say as Jii-san drove you two back to Kaito's house. "I need you to bring a spare Kid suit and gets bunch of smoke bombs to act as a decoy, while I get the jewel." He ordered. "Awwwww.... How come you get the jewel all the time?" You complain. "Because I'm the second generation of Kaitou Kid." You grumbled. "Fine." Kaito smirked. The car stopped and you arrived at Kaito's apartment. When you stepped in, you saw Kaito's mom in there, sitting on the couch. "Oh! _! Welcome back!" She said and got to hug you. You hugged back and said. "Hey Aunty-er, Chikage-oneesan." She had given you the look when you called her 'Aunty'. "How are you? How's your mom?" She didn't mention your dad, who was Kaito's dad's brother. He had perished along with Uncle at the explosion and you and Kaito swore revenge on the day the organization revealed themselves. "Oi! _! Let's go!" Kaito called from his room. You said your goodbye walked into his room and followed him through the portrait. You grabbed a suit, and loaded it with tricks and smoke bombs. "Are you ready?" Kaito asked. You nodded. "It's show time!"

Chapter 2

This is going to be a super short chapter. 

*The Next Day*

The first thing when you woke up was a newspaper in your face. "Do you mind?" You say, groggily. Sighing, the newspaper was lifted from your face. Kaito was seen grinning at you. "We're on front page again!" He crowed, ignoring you shushes and warnings about the neighbours hearing him. Finally, you couldn't take it anymore and you threw a pillow at his face. You stood up. "First of all, YOU are on the front page. Second, you should keep quiet, before the neighbours call Inspector Nakamori after you. Third, HOW DID YOU GET INTO MY HOUSE?" You whisper-shouted into his ear. "The front door, of course." Kaito grinned arrogantly. "..... After I picked the lock. Don't underestimate me." You rolled your eyes. "Never have, never will." You replied. "Anyways," Kaito continued. "You should be proud, because we shared half the work. Without the background people, the actors would fail." He said. "I'm going to school and hurry up, it's 7:40." He got up and left. You glanced at the clock. "Shoot." You said and hurried up to get ready. 

*30 minutes later*

Somehow, you manage to make it in time. Now you were walking with Shinichi and Ran to school. You thought about being in the newspaper. [it's fun to be in the headlines, but it doesn't feel right. I like being in the headlines for good things better.] You thought a you arrived at Teitan High. You were back to the detective part of your life again. 

In the classroom, Shinichi took out his phone and scrolled through the news. "Damn. He got us again." He mumbled. Then he raised his voice and shouted across the room. "Oi! _! We're going after Kaito Kid in his next heist!" He said. You nodded, but then stopped. Kaito needed your help to create some illusions for the next heist. You can't back out now or cancel your plans with Shinichi... Or could you manage them at the same time? Just running back and forth at the same place should be easy. The heist was on Friday. That should give you enough time to prepare.