Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

The After Battle II

Yo! This is the second chapter of The After Battle (I think I chose the title too quickly, I want to change it, but I can't after I had posted it, so let just get along with it XD !), I worked on it just recently, so please enjoy!

The After Battle - Chapter 2:

Shinichi was still clinging to the wall, he can't stop thinking... about how the fight between the BO and FBI going on... and also, he was worried about Haibara... her situation was serious, Gin shot at some of her vital points, one close to her liver, and when she was in the ambulance, she was bleeding alot... so, the hospital need to take a blood transfusion from the bank nearby... also, it's already done... but about the surgery... they might not make it...

Haibara... Damn it! Why this have to happen!! If she... if she couldn't make it, this... this would be all my fault! Haibara, please be alright!

1 hour had past...

He was waiting... (he couldn't solve the code on the scrap of paper due to his worry T_T)

2 hours had past...

He fell asleep on the bench...

4 hours...

It was 1 o'clock at late night.

6 hours...

The sign of the surgery room was still red... "UNDER OPERATION" it says.

After 8 hours... a sudden noise woke Shinichi up. The surgery was finished... a doctor walked up to him, and told him what happened... the surgery... the surgery was... the surgery was a success!! He then sighed with relief, Haibara...! He asked the doctor if he can see her...

"Ah, about that... you can't at the time being. The blast she took was too great, even after the surgery her condition is still... it was very lucky that you got her to the hospital in time... if you had delayed it just a bit more, her life wouldn't have been saved. Now she is in the care of a special surgeon... so there's nothing to worry."

"Ah, I see..."

"You can visit her after a week maybe... please be patient. Also Sir, you looked tired waiting all this time... I can get my acquintance to get you home."

"Ah, that was very nice you Sir, but I think I'll take a taxi..."

Shinichi got out from the taxi and was infront of his mansion's gate...

He went into his house, and to his surprise to see his parents were there... "Kaa-san! Too-san! Why are you guys here?!"

"We were worried about you, Shin-chan!" Said his mother, looking worried."Look at yourself! Are you injured?!"

"Ah, no... this isn't my blood..."

"Judging that you came home... means that you are safe..." said his father. He was reading the newspaper, and Shinichi couldn't see his face,

because the newspaper was covering it, he then said with a relaxed tone, "since you are here safe and sound... my worries had gone like a puff of smoke."

"Haa..." said Shinichi with a dull face, "but didn't I told you in the phone...? I told you-"

"But Shin-chan! Would you think we would just enjoy ourselves there knowing our son is in danger!?"

"Hai, Hai...!"

Shinichi then changed his clothes which was covered with Haibara's blood... and after that he told his parents what happened. Although, he was very tired...

"So? Did you see her yet?" said his mother.

"What? Who?"

"Of course, I'm talking about her! Your girlfriend~" Yukiko said teasingly.

"You mean Ran?" said Shinichi pretending he just noticed, "No... not yet... I think I will see her later, not now."

The next two days...

Jodie-sensei came to Kudo's house, and she informed Shinichi for what happened:

Gin was arrested...

Vodka comitted suicide as he was cornered...

Vermouth is still one the run, they had no idea where she is or what she's plotting...

Korn & Chianti was arrested too.

The boss and his location is still unknown...

Their hideout was found and the FBI arrest most of them...

"Also, I heard that little girl was shot by Gin, how is she?"

"Ah, you mean Haibara?" Said Shinichi, "her condition is still not good. Although the surgery was a success..."

"I see..."

"Ah, Jodie-sensei, I've solved the code that was in the scrap of paper, and I have an idea where could the Boss's location is... although, I'm not really sure, this might be a trap..."

So, Shinichi and Jodie discussed over it in the living room... Shinichi gave her a full explanation... (I have no idea what they are talking about >_<). Also, the discussion is over, and Jodie-sensei left to inform Akai Shuuichi and the FBI.

Then next day...

Shinichi went to visit Ran, he is now finally relaxed that most of the men in black has been arrested... although, there's still something to worry about... the Boss... but since his important members are no longer there for him, he can do nothing much... even if they are, he'll be focusing on the FBI, not Shinichi Kudo & Sherry...

Ran was so happy to see Shinichi, and she even shed tears of happiness! Shinichi decided that he would like to talk to her in a private, in a restaurant where he and she last time went together. She agreed. The appointment was again in 'Central Kyoto Tower's Sight-Seeing Restaurant'.

At The Central Kyoto Tower's Sight-Seeing Restaurant, 7:16 PM:

"Here again?" said Ran.

"Hahaha!" Laughed Shinichi, "We didn't finish the last time we came here, right?"

"Oh? So, what's this thing you want to discuss about?"

"Actually... actually... the real thing is..."

"Ah, what about this case that took you too long to solve?" Said Ran, "I'm so curious...! I would like to hear about it :)"

"Ah, about that... well, it's so complicated, and you might not understand most of it, also, you might get bored." Lied Shinichi.

"Geez... I thought you would be happy to tell me about the case... oh, by the way. Do you know Conan's address in US?" Ran asked suddenly, "you know, I quite miss him..." she said with a sad smile, "I wanted to write him letters and see how's he doing... after living with us for quite a long time, I felt like he's kind of like a little brother to me... You know Shinichi... even though you were far away... I always thinking about you... wishing you good luck... but I felt somehow strange... like you were always next to me... always there protecting me... always there for me..."

"Really?" said Shinichi, not finding the words to say anything else.

"But... whenever I looked... it was always Conan... I always wondering... if Conan were really you... if so... I would be very happy... now that he's gone... I felt somehow strange..." she then said, "ah, I sound so silly...", she then wiped her tears that rolled down her cheeks...

"Do you miss me that much? Ran-neechan!" said Shinichi in Conan's voice (wearing his bowtie), and also, he wore the glasses he use to wear as Conan. "Sorry to hide it from you all this time, Ran... the truth is that Conan and I were acually and always the same person..." he said suddenly, surprising her and made her speechless.

He then told her everything! How he was poisoned with a mysterious drug, and how he shrunk to his 6 years old self... how Agasa told him not to tell anyone... he told her that he lived with her in the Detective agency was to get information from those men in black (it wasn't to spy on her)... he then told her that it was all for her sake... to keep her away from danger...

After hearing all this, Ran first, was speechless... and then tears were filling her eyes, she then smiled from relief, "I'm so glad...! That you finally told me yourself. I was always suspecting you, but each time I do, you always proves me wrong... wait, what about at the school festival that last time? I saw Conan when you were there at the present!"

Shinichi then told her it was Haibara disguised as him.

"Eh, and what about the woman who claims to be Conan's mother?"

He told her it was Yukiko Kudo, his mother who disguised herself as a fat woman. Then Shinichi told her about Sherry, who was a former member of the organization, but now betrayed them, was actually Ai Haibara that lives in the professor's house. That also made Ran surprise. He then told all what happened.

Ran was pissed of too, because of how many times he had deceived her. She somehow looked like a foolish woman just then. Then she remembered... something that made her blush and angry at the same time! The time when she took a bath with Conan/Shinichi, the time when she slept with him in the same bed (because she was scared), and the most embarassing time of all, when she told Conan/Shinichi that she loves him!

But before she could rampage, Shinichi told her with a red face that towards her, he feels the same, he told her that he... loved her... he loved her more than anyone in this world!

Ran's anger went like a puff of smoke! Instead, her face went red like tomato! She too, told her true feelings directly to Shinichi (although she already told him [Conan] before ^_^).

Anyway, the romantic dinner continues... so let's skip it! Let's leave them alone >,<! (Sorry if the confession isn't that good T_T, I'm not good writing those [romance] kind of things!)

To be continued... (next chapter's hint: Shinichi Kudo visits Shiho Miyano)

please come out with the 3rd part soon >w< im dyin to read it... although i really wish shinichi would end up with shiho... pleaaaase make them get together and make ran fall in love with someone else... make shinichi have started to fall out of her heart so that they slowly distance from a romantic relationship.. bring on the shinichiXshiho pleaaase!

• Upvote 1

please come out with the 3rd part soon >w< im dyin to read it... although i really wish shinichi would end up with shiho... pleaaaase make them get together and make ran fall in love with someone else... make shinichi have started to fall out of her heart so that they slowly distance from a romantic relationship.. bring on the shinichiXshiho pleaaase!

Yo! I thank you for reading, and was very pleased to read your comment... umm... about bringing Shiho and Shinichi together... although, I like Shiho and Shinichi to be couples, but I don't think that it would ever happen in the real story :( , because Ran and Shinichi were childhood friends, and that would be very sad if they didn't go together XD. Also, if I made Ran die in the story and bring Shiho and Shinichi together, that would make Ran's supporter upset >_<... and if I make her go with someone else... that doesn't quite just fit for what I had in mind (gomenasai!). But, I would make something unbelievable happen, that anyone could never have thought before! Even maybe you will like it! So, please be patient :D ! Something will happen to both Shiho and Shinchi! Something unthinkable!

As nice as the first one. You skipped through a lot of part . I don't mind you skipping through the taxi travel, the waiting and all but I wanted to 'see' hoe the BO were arrested and all.And one more serious mistake.... WHY ISN'T RAN ANGRY ABOUT THE SHINICHI's m042.gif

• Upvote 1

Yo! I thank you for reading, and was very pleased to read your comment... umm... about bringing Shiho and Shinichi together... although, I like Shiho and Shinichi to be couples, but I don't think that it would ever happen in the real story :( , because Ran and Shinichi were childhood friends, and that would be very sad if they didn't go together XD. Also, if I made Ran die in the story and bring Shiho and Shinichi together, that would make Ran's supporter upset >_<... and if I make her go with someone else... that doesn't quite just fit for what I had in mind (gomenasai!). But, I would make something unbelievable happen, that anyone could never have thought before! Even maybe you will like it! So, please be patient :D ! Something will happen to both Shiho and Shinchi! Something unthinkable!

I wish that somehow there could be a shinichi and a conan... but i guess that won't happen... usually i am one that wishes for the childhood friends to be together... but i like Ai better.. her personality is more developed... and also... i think ran's character is a bit too childish still.. she is like 17 or 18... why the heck is she so.. so.. kiddish... Ai at least acts like an adult... but Ran freaks out about the littlest of things... oh well.. i always wish that an author would make more than one ending... cuz then depending on which character you are a fan of ... that would be the ending you bought... y'know? ... ah well.. its just me wishing here :P anyway, loved the story, can't wait for the next part...:D