Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Miss Smiles

Shading and line 'highlights'

Do any one felt interest to have artwork pop out like it take another level? It's not impossible! In the past I bounce across to see incredible drawings like they are drawn from engineer, but they're not engineer- only artist, they have drawn endlessly as artists were shown respect for drawings they made for animations and credibility. Don't envy any more! If you're beginner and started on shading, always know the basics first before go for advanced, you're on right step taking forward to next level.

I've come across to see incredible drawings in art forum online and many has surpassed my skills, as my major is painting in landscape. Since my diploma years I've studied commerical art drawing skills, surprisingly they are good courses to get started with colours and, shading. But there is a trick: pencils and artist's markers are important to bring out vividness of drawing, after they create artworks they also create contrast well.

A lot of artists prefer B and lower to create distant look of object which placing furthest away from eye's point of view. The one closest to you the outline is dark emphasizing closeness and solid object you see right in front. And the artwork has dynamic shading as it was placed with artist's observation to have objects 'stretched'.

Normally when objects drawn and shades required in artwork are different matter; it consist of contrast and brightness. When objects are bright, the sun show a lot of shadings. When objects are vivid, the image show detail of thin and bold lines. Many artists use this as advantage to enhance form into 4D effect to challenge and jump into new dimension as drawings and paintings pop out like they make of real item. And which is true!

How this apply to drawings? The black dotted line make of size and matter once you create your drawings. Artists use it to create space and bigger forms of outlines. If you see professional drawing which look difficult, artist use a lot of lines' size or vague consistent lines to create effect. Imagine you use the spray to create volume of words onto wall, and word turn bolder. If notice a form has few small series of big black form, they create volume with capacity for realistic effect. If 2B pencil use with 6D pencil, 6B is good for shading and 2B pencil's true colour of contrast between black and white. If 2B colour vividly fill in circle form inside the square, it's in 2D form. If square is filled with shade, it's '4D' form.

How many shades you can fill in four sides? If the sun is high up shining at block of square the form has mass and the square below never be shown because it's invisible for realistic effect. If the box tilt, the square bottom will be shown as form, not as a shadow. Lines does matters.

• Upvote 1