Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
DetectiveConanfan

Hi!

My name is Julia and i started reading/watching Detective Conan about 6 months ago. i'm on episode 42 and chapter 614.

I LOVE DETECTIVE CONAN/CASE CLOSED!! :D

It's my ABSOLUTE favorite manga/anime.

I also like DN Angel and Shugo Chara!

Hi, Julia! I'm Kat, and I just wanted to welcome you here. :D

Just curious--did you start reading the manga before watching the anime? Cause you're pretty far off with the manga chapters. XD I watched the anime before reading the manga, you see, so after a few tankoubons, I stopped reading the manga but am catching up with it. :D

Anyways, see you around! :D

You're so young! O.O I'm only turning 20 in a few months yet I suddenly feel so old. XD

How did you come across Detective Conan? Seeing as you read the manga first, maybe you read the English translated DC (or Case Closed) by Viz? Or maybe you read it online? XD

haha.

yeah... most of you guy are old... hehe

and yeah... i first found it when my mom suggested it for me after she found it at a library. then i looked it up and started reading it online, since the library only has vol. 15-24 right now, but i think they're getting more.

You live in CA right? me too. Where are you??

San Diego. :D You?

Oh, and it's great that your mom was the one who actually recommended it. XD Although my own mother encourages my love for books, she tries to keep me from manga and anime, as she thinks I don't get anything from it. Ah well...it's too bad that I love it. XD

And no, we're not old, lol. You're just young. XD

I live in Placentia, in Orange County.

Small place.

yeah, but i think my mom regrets it. XD She probably thinks i'm obsessed with it now, always reading it online, and says i'm getting fat, sitting in front of the computer all the time. XD Lucky, your mom encourages you to read. My mom always says i read too much and like limits my reading times, or tries... and my other family members don't really approve of me reading manga.

poor me. :(

Hello Julia! :D

Yay, you finally registered! ;)

Do you actually prefer the manga to the anime? or are they both more or less the same to you? =o

I was planning to start reading the manga (I'm mainly watching the anime right now). I just need to find time, heh.

Oh and there's no age for appreciating a good manga/anime. :)

Lucky, your mom encourages you to read. My mom always says i read too much and like limits my reading times, or tries... and my other family members don't really approve of me reading manga.

My mom says that reading widens my knowledge about the world (not to mention my vocabulary), so she lets me read as much as I want, only with the exception of mangas, so I do have to pay for my mangas with my own money, which I really, really spend a lot on. And she never did mind me reading as long as I kept my grades up, which I do, so we get a win-win situation.

And I really don't get what people have against manga/anime, seriously. My father doesn't like it and says it's childish, but oh well...they really can't do anything now since I've already grown up loving it. XD

Oh and there's no age for appreciating a good manga/anime. :)

LOL. I definitely agree. XD

And I really don't get what people have against manga/anime, seriously. My father doesn't like it and says it's childish, but oh well...they really can't do anything now since I've already grown up loving it. XD

I totally agree. My sister makes teases me and my dad says it's childish, like your dad, but then he says that about everything i do online... :roll:

But sadly for me, i'm not grown up yet, so they CAN do somethings about it.

My mom doesn't like me reading, cause i only read fantasy books, and she says i don't get anything from them. I have good grades though!

Oh and there's no age for appreciating a good manga/anime.

i totally agree too

Do you actually prefer the manga to the anime? or are they both more or less the same to you? =o

they're like the same, but i think i like the manga a bit more, but not by much.

i don't really watch the anime that much 'cause if i do my sister would tease me non stop.... i like watch it when no one's home..hehe (and they take so long! each episode is like 30 mins!)

Hi I'm new here and I am 11 and I tottaly agree you are not to old or to young to watch anime, or read the books personally I like the books better because I can take it on the go. The great thing about that is you can bring it to places that you think are boring. I only have book 1and 3 but I am getting more and I do belive you get information from Case Closed or Detctive Conan. They give you information about what happens when something like that happens and how people losing there loved ones feel. :D