Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Rurouni Kenshin Manga Series to Return!

Ruroni Kenshin (The Wandering Samurai) aka Samurai X is an anime I used to like to watch during my childhood, and even know, recently, I've been re-following the series. I was surprised as I was checking few things on the series that it recent news saying that the author will be continuing the series that was supposedly completed 13 years ago!

rurounikenshinreturns.jpg

21374-620x-New%20Kenshin.jpg

So, here's a quoted paragraph from ANN regarding it:

Manga creator Nobuhiro Watsuki will be resuming his Rurouni Kenshin series for a brief run starting in the June issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine, which will ship on May 2, 2012. The magazine's advertising describes the samurai manga's return as a "reboot," although the magazine may not be using the term with the English denotation in mind. More details will be in upcoming issues of Jump Square.

In the meantime, Watsuki is putting his current manga series, Embalming - The Another Tale of Frankenstein, on hiatus as of the March issue of Jump Square magazine, which will ship in February. Embalming will return in the fall. This manga has been running in Jump Square since its inaugural issue in 2007.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-26/rurouni-kenshin-manga-series-to-return-in-japan-in-may

But I think it's not confirmed if it'll be a continuation, or a retelling, but I'm really looking forward to it that's for sure ali_031.gif!

I cannot imagine what more could be told, so it probably is just a re-imagining of some of it, maybe??

Didn't it have a huge thing at the end with Yahiko being older and having Kenshin's sword? There's not really any more plot to be told...

eta: Oh yeah, wasn't Misao and Aoshi married with kids or something? XD

Pish, he should do something with Saito and the Shinsengumi leading into the beginning of Kenshin. That would be amazing!

• Upvote 1

I cannot imagine what more could be told, so it probably is just a re-imagining of some of it, maybe??

Didn't it have a huge thing at the end with Yahiko being older and having Kenshin's sword? There's not really any more plot to be told...

Maybe it'd be the story between before the last chapter and the chapter before it. You know, before Kenshin married Kaouru and have their child. But I think I'm looking forward for the art, since it'll not follow the old style but the new one~ These days manga style ^^

eta: Oh yeah, wasn't Misao and Aoshi married with kids or something? XD

Pish, he should do something with Saito and the Shinsengumi leading into the beginning of Kenshin. That would be amazing!

I haven't read the entire manga, so I don't know, haha. I'm half away through (*took a little peek at the last chapter*).

PS. I think it wont be nice if it's just a re-telling.

But there's already a Kazenban edition of Rurouni Kenshin !

But happy there's a reboot ... !

*goes back to reading another manga*

Really ali_037.gif? Sorry but... what's Kazenban edition ali_011.gif?

By the way... I don't understand what's the meaning of reboot here... can you explain more to me 875328cc.gif? I'm new to re-following the series, so I'm a bit confused here ali_072.gif.

But... Kyaaaaaaaaaaaa JFBQ00184070402A.gif!! Can't wait ali_005.gif!

Kazenban Edition also called 'Ultimate Edition'.

It's mostly in Japan it's kind of a replubicitation (did I spell it right ?) but the authors most of the time change the art a bit (They changed Kenshin's scar) most manga get a ending because it's getting less popular or the author has no ideas anymore. This edition has a bit different ending. Like Toriyama said that the ending of his manga wasn't good so he changed the ending in this edition. So to put it short it has different art and sometimes a other ending.

Kenshin got this edition in 2003 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Since 2011 Glenat (a Belgian publisher) published the Kazenban edition of Dragonball.

So yeah it's pretty much a japan-only replubish. (except some manga)

A reboot is like a retelling of a story.

Kazenban is a retelling but with some changes.

If they re-tell the story they probably gonna improve the art.

Hunter x Hunter recently got a reboot of the anime (new VA's and better animation)

• Upvote 1

Thank you for all the trouble on writing this and bothering yourself to explain it down for me ali_031.gif. I see now JFBQ00236070904A.gif... thanks to you now I get the picture f529a952.gif.

I did some research, and found some of the scans in some fan site. It's quite interesting and beautiful. I also saw some of the new designs the author made for the characters, and I think they were quite cool, especially the one he did for Kenshin JFBQ00184070402A.gif.

Yeah, yeah! I saw the reboot they made with Hunter x Hunter 074.gif! But can't be bothered to watch the new version 64caf316.gif... just saw a glimpse. I prefer that they should just continue where they finished the last time yociexp109.gif.

I'm curious about this ^^

Hehe, glad that you are with us in this, too. I'd be updating this if I find anything new! ^^

P.S. I didn't know that you were also fan of Samurai X yociexp28.gif.

Not sure about this, but do you think that this is the design for the reboot?

Himura Kenshin

01-back.gif

01-inside.gif

Sagara Sanousuke

05-back.gif

05-inside.gif

Hehe, glad that you are with us in this, too. I'd be updating this if I find anything new! ^^

P.S. I didn't know that you were also fan of Samurai X yociexp28.gif.

Not sure about this, but do you think that this is the design for the reboot?

Himura Kenshin

01-back.gif

01-inside.gif

Sagara Sanousuke

05-back.gif

05-inside.gif

I sound mean , If I say no ...

The pictures are from the Kazenban edition :P

(not sure about the Sano one though)

But they might use this design for the reboot .

Off-toppic : I liked the VA's from the original Hunter x Hunter anime more xD

I sound mean , If I say no ...

The pictures are from the Kazenban edition :P

(not sure about the Sano one though)

But they might use this design for the reboot .

Off-toppic : I liked the VA's from the original Hunter x Hunter anime more xD

Oww, that's too bad 098eb4a5.gif... Although I did took it from the Kazenban edition scan collection from a certain website... but some other site says it the new character designs that the author drew for the new reboot th_118_.gif.

I found these picture somewhere, but not really sure where they are from th_114_.gif:

d043399d0825afaff7da412b137b63c71331302100_full.jpg

8b3984ed32c41edeaa5044db59ea08791331302123_full.jpg

b9c8307700c5c4d080b7186bad5f82b91331302154_full.jpgc49b501c9962a786d592d09d3de396a01331302183_full.jpg

Have any idea efb50fe2.gif?

Off-Topic: LOL, why is that? Lot of people prefer the older version, such as the voice actors, the storyline, etc.

The pictures that you have there are actually pretty plausible for the new reboot.

I don't know 100% for sure though :P

Off-Topic :Gon sounds so more childy in this one compared to the old one. Leorio sounds weird and Killua sound more playish than killlish (which is actually good)(Kurapika sounds badass no comment , in the old one she sounded girly)

Hiroka went from Clown-squeezy to kill-creepy

The pictures that you have there are actually pretty plausible for the new reboot.

I don't know 100% for sure though :P

Off-Topic :Gon sounds so more childy in this one compared to the old one. Leorio sounds weird and Killua sound more playish than killlish (which is actually good)(Kurapika sounds badass no comment , in the old one she sounded girly)

Hiroka went from Clown-squeezy to kill-creepy

Really ali_072.gif?! Yes, I think so, too JFBQ00236070904A.gif! The drawing of Kenshin resembles the one in the news thingy... so it's probably yes 014.gif.