Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
HaibaraAiFan

Rainy days part 2

Again this story isn't mine

Chapter 2

THE Shinichi Kudou? But isn't he ...?

...a damn intelligent spoilsport? THE mortal enemy of Kaitou Kid? A little twerp at the moment? And still way too dangerous...? And he's in said nemesis' home?

Oh Fuck me Kami, I fucked up great this time.

Funny, come to think of it, this time he wasn't ambushed by the little genius at all...

"Where...?"

He looked around frantically until he met her eyes. Very cold and then amused eyes.

Then a smirk.

"Shitting your pants already?" Before he could let out an undignified squeal, she continued, looking down at her book again, feigning disinterest, like he bored her.

"Don't worry, he's off visiting the other brainy in Osaka with Mouri."

Relief washed over him, though he would never admit it, since he could have taken on Shinichi Kudou easily after all. He was just a little surprised, maybe a tiny little bit nervous, but not really.

But then a whole load of new questions bombarded him. How long are they going to stay away in Osaka? Does He know? Though that seemed unlikely, considering his host's personality inclinations he has glimpsed briefly, but he cannot be sure either. Who else is in this house? What else should he know? Who knows he is here? How long can he stay in this place? How is he going to escape...?

And just who the hell is she?

Thinking about escape, he looked down at himself. Surprised for a moment, that he hadn't bothered to do so before. But now that he looked, he realized that he only wore a pair of lose pyjama pants, so comfy that maybe that was the reason he didn't notice, and a standard long sleeved t-shirt, albeitly a bit on the big side.

Nothing white, nothing flashy, and certainly no hat, no cape and no monocle.

He gave a start when again, when she seemed to read his mind and spoke.

"I've burned them. The hat and the monocle got taken away with the thrash yesterday. You're wearing Agasa's clothes." From his youthful days, which did not fit him anymore.

"Oh, I guess that's fine then. Thanks for the clothes..." He trailed off, having confirmed his suspicions of the fact that she knew exactly who he was. And damn, those clothes were expensive.

"You can keep the clothes. They don't fit him anyway."

"Thank you..." He mentally slapped himself. The normally so eloquent and poetic speech of Kaitou Kid was reduced to mere Ohs, Errs and Thank yous. How sad.

He looked at himself again. Even if he were to escape, pyjama's would still attract a lot of attention on the street. That he couldn't allow. He can't steal or borrow anything from the detective since he can not be sure when said detective would be home and notice. The best bet would be to steal something from the woman in front of him...but that would be rude also, since she seemed to have saved his life. What to do...what to do...

Then he heard her sigh. A bit melodramatically.

"Can't decide on what to wear? Oh my, guys can be so vain."

He looked at her, eyes wide and heart beating so fast he was afraid she could hear him. Maybe she even could, given the way she toyed with his every thought and reaction. He wouldn't put it past her. At least that would explain the waves of creepiness coming his way.

Oh wait. That also means she knows exactly that I'm thinking of escaping? Shit, you can't be serious!

Suddenly, charming himself out of the situation didn't seem like a realistic option anymore.

She may be only one woman, but I still have no weapon at all, whereas she might have plenty. And if she's also like that karate fanatic girlfriend of his, which I wouldn't put past her since she is his acquaintance, then I will truly be screwed.

Meanwhile she looked at his conflicted self, even if he didn't show it on the outside, well he tried to at least, and seemed to take pity on him.

"If you're finished, please put the plate in the sink, I'll do the cleaning later."

He faithfully obeyed.

She's reading that damn book of hers again. Maybe she wouldn't notice if he just sneaked out? Clothes be damned? He took one step after another towards the door. He's very good at stealth after all...

Please keep reading, please keep reading. The book is a good book...nice book...wonderful book...I feel so ridiculous, but...please!

He stopped dead in his tracks when she spoke this time, heart nearly bursting out of his chest in nervousness.

Oh shit oh shit oh shit.

But then it hit him, when he finally understood the meaning.

"Oh, and please close the gates silently. It's quite late now. You don't want to wake the neighbors."

Wh-...what?

Wait. WHAT?

"You-...you just letting me go?"

She looked at him, like he was six years old.

"Well, you seem to have legs, so technically speaking, you're 'going' yourself."

"Ah...I guess that is..true. Haha...Er, bye then..."

She simply raised one hand and waved once, not bothering to glance up again from her book.

When he was outside he took a taxi home. Thousands of questions circled in his head until he felt the need to bang his head against the car window. It didn't help that the driver kept sending him suspicious looks, having a pajama clad teenager hitting his head bloody on the poor car window tend to do that.

But it was later, when he watched his 'butler' pay the driver once home, since he didn't have a single penny on him, explaining to the slightly irritated driver that the young master went to stay with a friend and they seemed to have had a quarrel in the middle of the night, prompting the young master to just go in a fit, that the whole bizarreness of the situation finally kick in and he found himself coming to the conclusion of something fundamental.

Dude, that woman was some mindfuckery master.

Days, weeks and months passed before he saw 'her' again.

Standing on the roof of his latest escape route, he was again intercepted by the genius detective. Which he has considered in his calculations, of course. But he will still be victorious in the end anyway.

It was only the slightest turn in events which left him feeling not that invincible anymore, when the fellow tantei crew also awaited him on the roof. I can't be believe parents nowadays, letting their kids out so late at night. I will never be so irresponsible! That in itself was nothing new, given the highly irresponsible parents, and he didn't treat it with any more significance than normal, since the biggest threat was aiming his watch at him right this moment.

But then he was flying like a bird and waving back at the fuming small detective, silently thanking the wind that the little detective's stun gun couldn't hit him at this distance and then it happened. The same wind that helped him win the final round blew off the hat of one little detective girl. And his eyes widened at the familiar chestnut blond hair and the smirk when their gaze met.

He gasped when he nearly crushed against the next best building. Then everything suddenly made more sense and no sense at all at the same time. Taking together all his will he concentrated on navigating himself away from the skyscrapers, sparing himself the embarrassment of a fly crushing headlong against a window. When he landed it was anything but gracious since he found himself caught in one of the tree branches of a local park. Looking around with night-view monocle he checked if he could be discovered by anybody, but it was late and when he made sure he was alone, he started laughing.

Oh Lord. Fuck me I am famous!

hope u enjoy