Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
JMY - Teen Sloothe

An Idea I'm Not Pretty Sure Of

I was thinking that maybe we should have a section in the forum that showcases our users' fan dubs? I just thought of it while I was doing a fan dub with a few friends of mine. Well, I'd understand if not much of our users really do this. Just a mere suggestion, really. :P

This becomes a touchy subject, and if nothing else falls squarely into the "no direct links" category

In other words, so that we don't get into problems with official licensing, I'll ask that if you do decide to do it (don't want to squash people's creativity, after all), that none of the links are shared as a media tag or with the "http" prefix, since both of those options will put the video in direct link with our forums... in other words, a URL that begins "www" will be sufficient, and then people can copy and paste it into their browser

This becomes a touchy subject, and if nothing else falls squarely into the "no direct links" category

In other words, so that we don't get into problems with official licensing, I'll ask that if you do decide to do it (don't want to squash people's creativity, after all), that none of the links are shared as a media tag or with the "http" prefix, since both of those options will put the video in direct link with our forums... in other words, a URL that begins "www" will be sufficient, and then people can copy and paste it into their browser

Well, you could always share the audio file only and time it to the fansub. Then the user that wants to watch only has to dub over.

Then again... I'm not sure of the demand for fandubs in DC.... >_>

Well, you could always share the audio file only and time it to the fansub. Then the user that wants to watch only has to dub over.

Then again... I'm not sure of the demand for fandubs in DC.... >_>

That's also an awful lot of work you're expecting the viewer to do

But you're right, English dubs of DC do tend to be a sensitive topic