Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Kyuu Nye

Osamu Tezuka Tribute Thread

For those of you on here that don't know who this man is... SHAME ON YOU! No really... This man created modern Anime and Manga!

Osamu_Tezuka.jpg

Osamu Tezuka (November 3, 1928 – February 9, 1989) was a visionary that is put on par with Walt Disney, but I don't think that is fair to Walt. No offense to him, but Tezuka had such a wide range of original works far removed from reality that I cannot begin to explain it. Just read Phoenix to see what I mean...

phoenixcover.jpg

Tezuka is most known for the anime Tetsuwan ATOM (AKA Astro Boy). The story of a robot named Astro made by a scientist named Dr. Tenma to replace his deceased son. This didn't work out and Astro was adopted by another scientist and brought up with kindness and actually had human emotions. Astro became one of the first ever Japanese superheroes ever. It is a fantastic story and should not be missed out upon.

ASTBOYOMV1%20CVR,jpg.jpg

Tezuka created the concept for the current design of anime and manga characters that is used to this day. He was the one that made characters with big eyes, which he got from the old cartoons and drawings of American cartoons like Betty Boop and Micky Mouse. He wasn't just a visionary, he was also brilliant. He had a degree in medicine, and even used his scientific knowledge to his advantage (much like another writer everyone in this forum should know about, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle).

Tezuka wrote many works, most unfortunately have never made it overseas. However I urge everyone to read and watch what you can of this man and visit his actual tribute site, which I can't even begin to compare to over at http://tezukaosamu.net/en/. However, I HIGHLY recommend reading Phoenix (as stated earlier), Astro Boy and Black Jack.

(Note: I was going to do this on his birthday of November 3rd... but got bored, so I did it early)