Detective Conan World
Detective Rohit

ALIENS!

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that Aliens exist?

• Yes! They exist!
    • No! They dont!
    • I am not sure!

As my thread title states, this thread was made to discuss Aliens. Recently, for some reason, I've become fascinated by what people believe about aliens. My question is simple, do you believe in aliens and if so; why? what sort of proof is there? etc.

Feel free to use this forum.

If your too lazy to come up with your own format:

Aliens or no:

Reason/s why you believe or don't believe:

Proof/s (If you believe there is):

Other info:

How do you feel about this matter?

Not really. I don't claim that there may not be other living organisms in our universe, however, they probably aren't made the way people tend to think of when they use the term: "aliens." I won't go scientific (was never much of a scientist) but according to many of the reports I've read on this subject (has this Chinese encyclopedia with a section about alien sightings), other living organisms in the universe would most likely be single-celled organisms that do not have complex bodies and are invisible to the naked eye. Personally I think that the so-called "aliens" that abduct people are probably just bizarre abductions committed by humans.

However, I don't object to aliens existing and I wouldn't mind anyone calling me wrong. I just simply really can't bring myself to believe in extraterrestrial beings. It doesn't particularly seem to me that "aliens" want to do anything with me, so the matter itself doesn't really concern me.

EDIT: P.S. Can we add an "I don't care" option? Or an "It's possible but I'm not certain" or "I doubt it but not certain" option?

Not really. I don't claim that there may not be other living organisms in our universe, however, they probably aren't made the way people tend to think of when they use the term: "aliens." I won't go scientific (was never much of a scientist) but according to many of the reports I've read on this subject (has this Chinese encyclopedia with a section about alien sightings), other living organisms in the universe would most likely be single-celled organisms that do not have complex bodies and are invisible to the naked eye. Personally I think that the so-called "aliens" that abduct people are probably just bizarre abductions committed by humans.

However, I don't object to aliens existing and I wouldn't mind anyone calling me wrong. I just simply really can't bring myself to believe in extraterrestrial beings. It doesn't particularly seem to me that "aliens" want to do anything with me, so the matter itself doesn't really concern me.

EDIT: P.S. Can we add an "I don't care" option? Or an "It's possible but I'm not certain" or "I doubt it but not certain" option?

Umm, well, by "Aliens" i actually meant "organism living on another planet who are technologically much more advanced than us". Obviously we dont expect to see some extra-terrestrial octopusses :P. Even i dont believe in Alien abductions either.

Its finally comes whether you believe or you dont, disregarding the proofs, so the options wont come into picture. Poll remains the same.

But ofcource you can elaborate in the post.

Umm, well, by "Aliens" i actually meant "organism living on another planet who are technologically much more advanced than us". Obviously we dont expect to see some extra-terrestrial octopusses :P. Even i dont believe in Alien abductions either.

Its finally comes whether you believe or you dont, disregarding the proofs, so the options wont come into picture. Poll remains the same.

But ofcource you can elaborate in the post.

Then could we please make the options a little less certain about opinions? It seems to me like the people who choose "Yes they do!" are very certain about the opinions, which makes me unwilling to choose them. Same with "No! They don't!".

That I doubt.

Then could we please make the options a little less certain about opinions? It seems to me like the people who choose "Yes they do!" are very certain about the opinions, which makes me unwilling to choose them. Same with "No! They don't!".

That I doubt.

You are not getting my point >.<, but anyways, ill add an option.

You are not getting my point >.<, but anyways, ill add an option.

No, I think I understand what you're talking about. You're saying that we simply have to choose whether we believe it or not. I understand that. My point is that it's a little too...how would you say it? It feels like shouting. :/ Just a matter of opinion in this case though.

*thinks about aliens* *thinks about UFOs* *is reminded of an incident in the past*

Just a while ago (maybe one or two years back,) I read in the newspaper of an article about 'UFO sightings'.

There had been a Typhoon around the area for a few days...

In the article, there were 11 cases of UFO spotting.

The police found the 'UFO' in the morning. It turned out to be a flying lamp (those lamp-like things attached to streetlights/lamp posts)

lol.

XD

I don't see why there is speculation on such a thing. First off, it has been proven that no other planet could support life now, even if it had been possible in the past. I see reports of UFO sightings come to nothing over and over, and yet people still crank out as many alien movies as zombie ones. Although such a possibility appeals to our imagination, I see no reason to believe in aliens. There are those who would say they believe in a god they've never seen, so an alien is no different. But I have never seen solid proof that any religion is grounded in truth either. I am not putting down any religion, and my atheism does not affect my opinion on this subject. I believe that if there could be life somewhere else, we would have encountered it by now. I see no possibility, especially for a person who believes the world was created by a god, for there to be any life forms who live on another planet to have technology advanced so far beyond our own that they've evaded detection all these years. The assumption that something you can't explain is supernatural began this entire obsession with extra terrestrials a long time ago, and there will likely always be people who disagree with me.

I bet there are. If even the tiniest fractions of planets have conditions that can sustain life, and only the tiniest fraction of those have life, and even only a tinier fraction have what can be called 'intelligent' life, then there must be other life out there. The universe is still expanding, and there are countless planets, and drawing the conclusions such aliens can't exist is too premature. Chances are we'll never contact or see them, because neither civilization may have the technology required to reach each other. But the possibility definitely exists, and therefore I believe there are more intelligent beings somewhere in our universe.

If there is a hand behind this, there is a purpose. And if there is a purpose for everything, what's the specific purpose of aliens?

They can be considered our divine deities, the ones who've created us.

The galaxy we reside in alone is huge. Consider the whole universe! And maybe other universes parallel to ours.

The chance of us being alone is nil.

I bet there are. If even the tiniest fractions of planets have conditions that can sustain life, and only the tiniest fraction of those have life, and even only a tinier fraction have what can be called 'intelligent' life, then there must be other life out there. The universe is still expanding, and there are countless planets, and drawing the conclusions such aliens can't exist is too premature. Chances are we'll never contact or see them, because neither civilization may have the technology required to reach each other. But the possibility definitely exists, and therefore I believe there are more intelligent beings somewhere in our universe.

That makes it sound likely. However, since they're highly unlikely to effect our life in any way.

They can be considered our divine deities, the ones who've created us.

The galaxy we reside in alone is huge. Consider the whole universe! And maybe other universes parallel to ours.

The chance of us being alone is nil.

A large house may but contain a small mouse. While the situation is perfectly likely, I won't go as far as to say it is definite.

A large house may but contain a small mouse. While the situation is perfectly likely, I won't go as far as to say it is definite.

Ah, but there must be at least some other planets with life. And life starts small, but with proper conditions, it can evolve into more sophisticated beings, and become what we can call 'intelligent'. While we cannot be sure of who is more 'intelligent', we can just about say there has to be other intelligent life forms out there. I don't believe we'll find stuff like Star Wars or Star Trek and stuff, but it's interesting to imagine possibilities. Like- what if other non-humanoid creatures developed larger brains and higher mental capacities? If they became more dexterous with their paws/fins/other appendages, what creatures would we have? It's very interesting. But science is not my thing. Biology sounds like a nightmare. *shudders*

Oh, and to those saying "Then why haven't we seen them yet?" let's just stop thinking in movie terms. They could be on the other side of the freaking universe, literally billions, and trillions, and googolplex light years away!! And since it's physically impossible to travel faster than light (without entering the fourth dimension I believe), it would take trillions of years for those beings to reach us. I highly doubt they can live that long, have enough fuel, navigation, food, air, liquid, to come here. The chances of encountering other intelligent life is very, very, very, very (repeat, oh, I don't know, as many times as you'd like) slim. But once I think about it, they might not be too far away either. We humans have never reached Andromeda, the closest galaxy (I think) to ours. Not with satellites, only with very powerful cameras. But another life form there could be trying to find 'aliens' as well, and not possess the capability to fly out that far. Do not underestimate the distance between stars, galaxies, and galaxy clusters. The distance itself makes the chances about zero. And then there's what Moho said about parallel universes, AKA string theory, where the probability of everything is one because everything has to happen. Therefore, a new universe is formed every time something has different choices, and aliens must exist in infinite universes. Life on earth does not exist in infinite universes. I think that's how the theory works. But my point is, stop thinking movie aliens and think of them as us. Can we travel thousands and thousands of light-years? Is it even possible? Probably not, so it's probably not possible for the aliens either. Face reality. And accept there has to be other intelligent life out there somewhere.

• Upvote 1