Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
tengaku squared

Conan VS. The Red Hawk - The Black Claw Seizes

“Dad!”

Ran was trying to wake up Mouri – drunk on the sofa – with no luck.

“Why in the world did you drink so much beer anyway?!”. You see, on Mouri’s desk was a mountain of beer cans.

“Couldn’t help it…new client…gave…100 million yen…such easy case…Ran,” Mouri grumbled in his drunken stupor.

That huge number shocked both Ran and Conan – who was merely twitching after seeing the mountain. “100…million?!” they shouted in disbelief.

“Well, you could use that money to something…better then beer,” Conan thought. Externally, he said, “Hey, who was the client?”

“The client? Ummm…oh yeah, he was wearing a black hat…he was wearing all black…yawn…”

And with that, Mouri rolled off the sofa and crashed on the floor. There, he resumed his nap.

Ran resumed trying to wake up Mouri, with no use – he was out cold (from the impact or the beer, she didn’t know). “A man in black…huh?” She was thinking about Akai, but Conan – in shock – was thinking of another person.

That person was…Gin.

“What did you say?! You aren’t lying, are you?”

Agasa was in shock when Conan told him of Gin’s appearance at the detective agency.

“Ssshhh! You don’t want her...” Conan began…

“Were you trying to hide something from me again?” Haibara, who recently came up from downstairs, was wearing a cold façade.

“Ah…not quite…” Conan said, scrambling for the right words.

“So, Gin (Haibara froze in shock here) came to the detective agency, and paid 100 million yen to Mouri?” Agasa said.

“It seems so. Although I’m not yet sure why he came – he could’ve just went bang and killed us all.” Conan said.

“That isn’t Gin’s nature. Gin is too cautious…too dangerous…” Haibara mumbled.

And with that statement, Conan, Haibara, and Agasa came to the same conclusion.

“Anyway, what are you going to do?” Agasa said.

“Well, the Black Organization now knows my identity…they’ll do anything to make “Edogawa Conan” disappear as inconspicuous as possible.” He paused. Conan knew that he had two choices – come to school, and risk the chance of being killed, or stay home, and confirming his identity to Black Organization. He frowned as his mind battled between the two decisions; his sharp mind analyzing the pros and cons of each situation.

“We’ll wait this out,” Conan finally said. “We’ll continue our schedules as normal.”

“Are you sure?! You can get killed!” Agasa exclaimed. “Well, what do you think, Ai…” He turned towards Haibara, only to see that she was gone –back downstairs, he thought.

“Well, in that case, keep Haibara home. I’ll go solo and see if the Black Organization will show themselves.” Conan said. He couldn’t cause more people to be in danger because of the Black Organization. Especially not Haibara…

Agasa and Conan continued their conversation, not knowing that their conversation was being tapped into…

Meanwhile, Kaito Kuroba was reading the newspaper, and saw another one of Jirokichi’s challenges on the front page. He grinned. “That old geezer never gives up, does he?” he thought, then stopped. He read that part over again. Then he flipped over and read an article. He started getting a bit scared. “Well, that can make it…interesting.”

The part he read over was: I challenge you to steal the Sun’s Radiance from the newly constructed Beika Aquarium Dome.

The article he read was: Beika Aquarium Dome to be loaded with exotic fish tomorrow.

Maybe it was fate, but there were other people that were reading the newspaper at the same time…

It was May 3rd. Conan was outside Teitan Elementary taking a big sigh of relief. The Black Organization hadn’t shown up; in fact he hadn’t noticed a single suspicious man outside the school.

Right then, his cell phone rang. He quickly took the phone out of his pocket, and delicately – as if the phone was a bomb that could go off at any second – pressed the call button.

“Hey, Cool Kid!”

Jodie’s sudden greeting shocked Conan.

“Jodie-sensei,why did you call me?” Conan wasn’t particularly anxious to be caught talking to a FBI agent on the phone right now.

“We recently found suspicious activity around the Beika Aquarium Dome – the recent one, you see. Lately we’ve found cars parking outside, and leave after a few minutes. One of them was a Porsche 356A.”

“Porsche 356…A. Gin’s car?” Conan asked, although the answer was obvious.

“We fear so. Even more coincidental is Kaitou Kid’s announced theft date. It seems more and more cars are approaching as that date approaches.”

“Yeah. I think that Kid’s announced date is about 2 days from now…Saturday, at 7 in the afternoon.”

“For now, we are planning to place FBI agents around the area on Saturday. We want you there, if you don’t mind, ‘Kid Killer’.

“Uh…but…” Conan started to object.

“Great. We’ll see what the Organization is planning.”

“But…wait…”Conan started, but it was too late. Jodie already hung up, leaving him talking to a dial tone. He sighed. He knew what Haibara would say:

“No! You can’t go! It’s too dangerous!”

That night, Conan had a nightmare. He was in a pit of darkness, sinking. Ran was trying to help him up, but she fell in and starting to sink in. Conan tried tohelp, but his arms were unmovable. The sinking stopped, as to make Conan see Ran sinking, while he was helpless to do anything…he could only watch…only stare…

On the other hand, Kogoro was having a pleasant dream…of women in the onsen…

The next day, Mouri was going nuts. He was turning everything over; sofas, beds, mats, tables; with a controlled, yet crazed mania. “Probably looking for a 10 yen coin that he dropped, I bet,” Conan thought. He went up to Mouri, who was currently looking under his desk for something, and asked, “What are you looking for?”

Mouri barely stopped for a second and said, without a breath, “Ran! Ran is missing!”

What?! Ran is missing? Conan was thrown into panic, but quickly tried to calm down. He didn’t want to make a pointless search like the drunkard was doing right now. He went outside, and noticed a letter, oddly placed in the mailbox as if on purpose to make it stand out.

Conan pulled it out, and opened the letter. He read the letter once, then felt his whole body go cold…

The following words were written in red ink, or blood:

I have kidnapped your princess.

If you want her to remain alive, and not ridded with bullets, then find me.

I will be waiting at the Beika Aquarium Dome this Saturday, on 9:00 P.M…

The Seven Year Old Heisei Holmes

“The Seven Year Old Heisei Holmes…how…who…” Conan thought with distress. This decision to go to Kaitou Kid’s theft location, or not to go he could no longer make alone.

He quickly ran to Agasa’s house, covered in sweat. He was shocked – no, beyond shock by what he saw.

Agasa’s house was completely annihilated, to the point where only ruins remained. He quickly ran to Inspector Yuminaga, who was around at the time.

“What happened here?!” Conan demanded.

Yuminaga turned around and his eyes twinkled, like Conan was either a pleasant sight, or a delicious meal, perhaps. “Oh, it’s the boy from Mouri’s place! You should have seen the explosions. They were huge!”

“Explosions?! What caused them?” Conan said, stress building.

“The explosions were caused by several bombs that were set to midnight. The bombs were planted on the walls. Oh yeah, there were two people (oh no, Conan thought with despair) that were inside during the explosions. An old man and a young girl barely managed to escape. One lost consciousness while shielding the girl from rubble; he hasn’t woken up yet. The girl hit the wall with her head by the force of the explosion. Both are in critical condition.”

Conan walked away. His fears were true; the Black Organization is on the move.

And then, all of a sudden, a man came from the back. and knocked Conan to the side. The man stopped, and his eyes showed recognition. He wordlessly took a letter from his pocket, and dropped it in front of Conan. Then, he ran away before Conan could fully register what happened.

“What’s up with this guy?” Conan thought. He looked at the letter, and opened it. His body froze up when he read it. It was the same person, same writing, and the words were in red ink, as if to mimic blood again.

Happy birthday, little prince.

I hold the key that can save your friends or destroy them.

Are you ready to cross blades to get this key?

The Seven Year Old Heisei Holmes

There is no Kid, or FBI stakeout this chapter. The next one will show Kid, FBI, and the BO...a combination unlike any before...

Please give feedback! Any constructive criticism or complements are accepted!

• Upvote 1

Yay~ Thanks for the new chapter!

The story is easy to read, easy to understand, and very interesting. There are only a few grammar mistakes which I almost completely missed, and are hardly noticeable. Good job :D

the part with the 100 billion... well i'm a bit confused... just because they were there doesn't mean they're sure he's the lil detective... we don't even know what was asked of mouri... also, all that was described was a man in black wiht a hat... you didn't say blonde hair... it could've been vodka as well, or any other man that just happened to be wearing all black.. if he said the man was driving a porsche 356a, then i'd believe...

• Upvote 1

i agree with Kiel i mean i wasn't shocked about the man in black and as Kiel said it might be vodka or any other man wearing black and the part where he paid 100 million... its a bit much i think and wat is the case that will make someone pay 100 million. My comment is pretty much like Kiel's(that's cuz i totally agree with her) so refer 2 her than mine(since wat she wrote is wat i wanted 2 write 2!)

• Upvote 1

i agree with Kiel i mean i wasn't shocked about the man in black and as Kiel said it might be vodka or any other man wearing black and the part where he paid 100 million... its a bit much i think and wat is the case that will make someone pay 100 million. My comment is pretty much like Kiel's(that's cuz i totally agree with her) so refer 2 her than mine(since wat she wrote is wat i wanted 2 write 2!)

^^

also, a lil more suspense would be great ^^

and if i was conan... i would move ai and the professor to a safe place... or under fbi custody... and how did gin find out about conan and ai? did they do tons of research... maybe come across the fact that both kudo shinichi and miyano shiho have the same dna as edogawa conan and haibara ai?

You're contributions shall not be in vain...

Snippets of the next chapter:

Kaitou Kid faces off against the BO...

Scar Akai appears...is he friend or foe?

Why Gin (yes, it is Gin) popped up at the agency is revealed...(maybe)

The police investigate the case of Agasa's bombing....and come up with a startling culprit...

A gift from the Seven Year Old Heisei Holmes comes to Mouri's house...

You're contributions shall not be in vain...

Snippets of the next chapter:

Kaitou Kid faces off against the BO...

Scar Akai appears...is he friend or foe?

Why Gin (yes, it is Gin) popped up at the agency is revealed...(maybe)

The police investigate the case of Agasa's bombing....and come up with a startling culprit...

A gift from the Seven Year Old Heisei Holmes comes to Mouri's house...

sounds interesting ^^ i look forward too it... aicon/shinshi in the end? <3

Yay! A new chapter! This is really good! I'm very interested. I voted before I read the chapter. Whoops... I voted I know who the "Seven year old Heisei Holmes" is, but I have no clue. Poor Agasa and Ai! Wah! So much is happening! I wonder how Ran's doing... Please UPDATE SOON! Arigato~

if u kill one of em off, you're next -.-

I am evil...Conan or Ai may *ahem* die in my series...icon_twisted.gif

Update: Characters that will very likely be in the next chapter are now:

Kaitou Kid

Mouri

Gin

Mouri

Red Hawk

Vodka

Vermouth

Jodie Starling

Chianti or Korn